TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Itachi 'Let's it Go' by Maia Nishikawa

[Reviews - 2]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: It's even better when you listen to the male version of the song here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk
Weeks before the massacre, Itachi stands atop the great stone faces watching the sunset as he often does in his solitude. Since the age of four Itachi has known much more pain than any child should; the pain of war and loss, the pain of having been born with an unfortunate amount of talent. He could never connect with anyone around him minus Shisui- who he had just helped to disappear forever into his death.

Itachi new pain now more than ever, as his family was preparing to overtake the village he loved under the eyes of the brother he loved most. And now with Shisui gone, he knew the pain of feeling totally and utterly alone. It was too much. Too much suffering, too much loss. And finally, he can feel his sanity snap.

Two tears leak from his eyes, tears he had been fighting to suppress. He opens his mouth and begins to sing.

The snow glows white on the mountain tonight
Not a footprint to be seen
A kingdom of isolation,
And it looks like I’m the King.
The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside (his emotions)
Couldn’t keep it in, heaven knows I tried.

The scene goes from him gazing into the sunset to a flashback of himself at home, with his family.


Don’t let them in, don’t let them see
Be the good guy you always have to be
Conceal, don’t feel, don’t let them know (Thinking of Sasuke)


His flashback ends and his onyx eyes open into the darkness of the night. Now he is standing on the top of the great stone faces in the present- the night after he butchered his entire family. Because this is in an anime, and rain only falls in sad parts of a story, it is raining hard outside because he just killed almost everyone he loved….


Well, now they know!

Let it go, let it go (gestures with his right hand, then his left, as black flames jump from his palm like Elsa’s ice)
Can’t hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go (Does an even more elaborate move with his black fire)
Turn away and slam the door

I don’t care
What they’re going to say
Let the storm rage on,
The cold never bothered me anyway (He sings this with sharringan eyes and a wink. He is turning into a coldhearted crazy man)

He looks down from the high up and far away view of the great stone faces and watches the medics who found Sasuke passed out in the compound, now carrying him on a stretcher to the hospital.

It’s funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can’t get to me at all!

He gets out a Kunai and while singing, draws blood from his thumb to do a summoning.

It’s time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I’m free!

(He slams his palm into the ground and summons a huge crow, mounts it and it takes off into the stormy night towards the Akatsuki Mansion. )

Let it go, let it go
I am one with the wind and sky
Let it go, let it go
You’ll never see me cry (The rain is still pouring against his face as he flies, and though he can still leak tears, we can’t see them through the rain.)

He arrives at the mansion and dismounts, slamming his foot into the ground like Elsa.

Here I stand
And here I'll stay
Let the storm rage on….


Itachi runs to the mansion and kicks down the door. Pain and Konan had been talking to ‘Madara’ but they all turn to see him having arrived in the pouring rain. He ignores Pain and Konan, and waves at Madara, then immediately runs up the stairs to his room.

My power flurries through the air into the ground (He starts doing cool genjutsu patterns all around the room on his walls and the floor)
My soul is spiraling in frozen fractals all around
And one thought crystallizes like an icy blast
I’m never going back, (he gets out his kunai and takes off his headband, dramatically looking at it.)
The past is in the past! (he passionately cuts a line through it and throws it to the side.)

Let it go, let it go (Itachi rips out his hair tie, just like Elsa undoes her hairdo, letting it flip and falling freely and rather gracefully to his shoulders)
And I'll rise like the break of dawn (Akatsuki means dawn, fittingly)
Let it go, let it go
That perfect boy is… me.

He opens up the window to see that after flying through the night, the sun is now rising to a new morning


Here I stand
In the light of day
Let the storm rage oooooooooon,

(the scene zooms from him belting out the window and out of the akatsuki mansion back to the konoha hospital where Sasuke, having just woke up, could have sworn he heard his older brother belting a high one after killing their family)

then the scene comes back to itachi, who has a smug and dangerous face, flashing his sharringan eyes)

The cold never bothered me anyway.

He flips his hair and turns back into his room, walking out the door, and carelessly passing Konan, Pein, Madara and Zetsu, who had been peering in to his solo performance with the most befuddled expression.)

Them: O_O

Him: ^/_^

The End