TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Falling by V012

[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
I'm falling... I'm falling and there's no one here to catch me. I will just land in the ocean... and be forgotten about. This can't be happening, there were so many things I needed to do, so many things I wanted to say! And now I am going to die. I was never able to confess to him... and now I never will. Oh how I wish I had more time with everyone. The ocean is approaching rapidly. This is it. I honestly thought I would last longer, even if I was never a good ninja, I didn't think I would die this early. It's so beautiful... now that I'm not fighting I have time to admire it. I have always loved the sea, so I suppose I'd rather die here than on a bloody battlefield. Wait, I can hear voices. Yes, from above. Who is it? I can't turn around! What are they saying? They seem to be shouting... at me? Yes! I can hear my name! I try to shout back, but it is no use. The wind on my face is so harsh I can't even open my mouth. The faint flicker of hope inside of me suddenly fades away.
There's no hope for you, just give up and die already. A sad frown spreads across my face.
Gaara... I love you, and now you will never know. Tears begin to roll down my cheeks. You were always there for me. I was so useless, and you would save me whenever I was in trouble. But this time... you can't. I will die here. And you will never know how much I loved you. I give up all hope, my face is drenched in tears. The sea is getting closer and closer... die, just die.

"You're not giving up just yet, are you?" an arm wraps around my waist, someone is behind me... falling with me! But who would jump... for me? I have just been a nuisance to everyone... nobody would risk their life to save me. But someone has! Who is it? I turn my head, slowly, then stare...
"Gaara! What are you doing?! You'll-" Gaara puts his hand to my mouth, I knew I was annoying. Everyone always just wants me to shut up. He's probably only saving me out of pity. He doesn't like me, and I'm not surprised really. I've always just been some stupid girl who can't fight, and relies on everyone else to save her. He's gorgeous: really talented, and the best looking guy I've ever seen! You're deluding yourself, he doesn't like you... and never will. I turn away from him, hurt. Everything is in slow motion. The sea seems so far away now... it's just me and him, falling. He pulls me closer. I blush furiously. His arm is constantly pulling me closer to him, and it is getting harder and harder to turn away. He puts a gentle hand around my face, and turns me around to face him. Too close! I try to pull away, he has a firm grip on me. But wait... he's, he's smiling! I've never seen him smile before! Nobody else has, either. He doesn't talk much at all, so no one knows how to make him happy. Even his brother and sister! But now he's smiling... for me! I can feel my face go red. Very red. We are so close... I can feel his warm breath on my cheek. This is half heaven, and half hell for me. He leans in closer, his face is only a couple of centimetres away from mine! I've now completely forgotten about everything else: the sea, the sky... death. All I know is that he is with me so I am safe.

I turn back to the sea. Oh my! It is so close! We are only a couple of hundred metres away! I start to panic. But Gaara is as cool and relaxed as ever. Maybe he knows we are going to die, and doesn't really mind. He's never seemed bothered with life anyway. Here it is. Only a few-

I wake up, choking. Am I dead? No? Where am I? I prise open my eyes. Everything is blurry. I blink a few times, and they begin to adjust to the bright light. I'm on a beach. There is soft, warm sand beneath me. What happened? What's above me... a person? It's him... It's Gaara! He's on top of me! His arms are planted in the sand right beside me head. His face is just above mine. He is dripping wet, and breathing heavily. I must have been knocked unconscious when we landed... and he swam back to shore, taking me with him! The water is dripping off his face and hitting mine, but I don't mind. How could I? I was certain I was going to die! I was certain that the one thing I never wanted to happen would happen soon! But now... I'm lying on a beach after being saved by the guy I love... and he's lying on top of me! How could I care about anything now?! I stopped choking up water, and Gaara stopped dripping. I wasn't sure what was going to happen. Was he just going to get up and leave? Or was he going to stay a little longer? I wish we could stay here forever!
"Are you... okay?" he asked, breathlessly. He wasn't smiling anymore. He looked tired. I blushed even more than I had when we were falling. I tried to open my mouth, but it just wouldn't!
"I..." I swallowed "I..." why was it whenever he asked me anything I couldn't speak properly! There was an awkward silence.
"Gaara..." I finally managed to open my mouth.
"Yeah?" he was still out of breath! He must have swam a long way!
"Why... why did you save me?" another awkward silence. I instantly regretted it. Now he was going to get angry, I bet. He'd just saved me and now I was asking him why?! I was so stupid! But, to my great surprise, he didn't get angry! Instead... he began blushing like me! Did this mean... ?
"I er... ummm..." he bent his head down so I couldn't see his eyes anymore... but I could see he was still blushing like mad! This wasn't Gaara! Or... he definitely wasn't acting like himself!
"I should be going" he said, suddenly, and began to pull himself off me. I was so shocked... that I did something stupid... again!
"No, wait! Please... stay with me! I love you, Gaara!" I threw myself onto him and hugged him like I had never hugged anyone before. I was acting without thinking. What would he do to me now? As soon as I realised what I had done, I pulled away from him, stumbling backwards.
"I... I'm so sorry. I didn't, I wasn't thinking" I was mortified. What had I done? An absolutely perfect moment had been ruined! But he didn't move, just kept staring ahead with glassy eyes, like he was in a trance or something. I got up, almost wishing he had left me to die, and began to walk off. I was hoping he would come after me, but no. I had just reached the edge of the beach, when I heard someone running behind me. I stopped, then began to turn around to see him. But before I could get a good look at anything, he had grabbed my face in his hands and pushed his lips onto mine. Everything stopped, my mind went blank. Was he... kissing me? No, no. I must have just hit my head when I fell or something. But no, I could feel his soft lips on mine. What was going on?! We stood there together for a few more awkward moments, and then he pulled away, embarrassed and ashamed of what he had just done. He stumbles backwards... like I did before. I walk over to him, and hug him again. He loves me...
Chapter end notes: you can finish it if you like! :)