TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


A New Vessel by yuurimaoh

[Reviews - 13]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto or any of its characters, this is purely fanmade and I do not make any money from these writings.

ML: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theflushingtoilet

Author: Dragon Dung (don’t ask)

Pairings: Naruto x Sasuke/Sasuke x Naruto

Warning: Alternate Universe, yaoi, general OOC…

----------------------------------

Chapter 1: Transcending

----------------------------------


How is the universe connected? Is it all tied together like the strands of a spider’s web? Is it measured by what we see with our eyes, or is there more? The heavens. The cosmos. Where do they begin and end?

Running parallel to the Milky Way galaxy (but on the other side of the universe) existed a dying planet named Yainehm. The creatures that thrived on this planet were classified as angels to those on Earth. The angels didn’t originate from Yainehm. They were actually from Earth. They had lived in a city they called Atlantis, but were sent to Yainehm during a war.

The angels were safe after the war, but now Yainehm was fading and they no longer had the nerve or power to send themselves to another planet. The burgundy ground was dry and cracking. Some mad clouds surrounded the planet, obscuring its two moons. One of those clouds sat a small blonde angel. He had his arms wrapped around his knees and was staring with wide, blank, but tearful eyes at his weak friend beside him. He sat there, his head tilted to the side and his large white wings drooping behind him. His silvery cloak became as dull a grey as the clouds filled with un-pouring rain nearby.

Starving. He was starving and he didn’t care. He didn’t know what to do or where to go. But, he was desperate to get away from everything…everything. When he heard that his best friend was going to become the anchor of the planet, he was so shocked that he fell to his knees. At first, he thought that it had to be a lie. How could the elders ever choose someone so young to become the next anchor? But, when the realization hit him, it felt like a heavy, invisible cloak came over him and pulled him unto his side on the ground. There, he had curled into a ball and cried uncontrollably. His wings twitched, pinned beneath him as the most miserable sounds fell from his mouth after every other shaky gasp.

On any other day, the title of anchor would have made both little angels joyous. But, that day was the day that the planet began to die.

So, there he was, by his friend’s side and yet distant…comforting and yet in despair as his friend’s life faded away. When he moved towards the dark-haired angel, his arms were shaking. His hand hovered over the long black strands of his friend’s hair, his own long blonde strands falling over his shoulder. His entire body was shaking convulsively now as he placed his head unto the other’s chest to hear his slowing heartbeats. He wanted to cry, but his tears had run out.

“Naruto…”

The blonde looked up at the sound of the hoarse whisper, frantically searching his friend’s face. “Sasuke? What are you doing!” he demanded frantically. “You need to stay in hibernation mode!”

The dark-haired angel took one of the blonde’s hands in both of his. “When I leave…follow…me.” Every word that he spoke brought him one step closer to death. “Promise me…”

“Where?” Naruto asked desperately. “Where do you want me to go?”

His answer came as barely more than a whisper. “Earth…”

“Earth?” Naruto was confused. “How? Sasuke, how-“ Naruto’s breath hitched as he felt Sasuke’s hand go limp. “Sasuke? SASUKE!!”

------------------------------------------------------

BAM! Uzumaki Naruto fell off his bed, gulping for air. “The hell?” His dreams had always been strange. They were random and made no sense, but this was the first time in fifteen years that his dream was so vivid. Naruto groaned as he righted himself and carefully sat up. Now that he thought about it, he remembered bits and pieces of his dreams in the last couple of months. They were always glimpses of the same two angels. He stood up, rubbing his hip and heading unsteadily to his bathroom to get ready. In a way, he was glad that the dream woke him up. He had only meant to take a nap before going to the university, but he had fallen asleep. By the time he came out of the bathroom, he was groomed and dressed.

During the mornings, Naruto was being trained to become the manager of a comic book store. During the night, he was a model for art students. The second job didn’t pay much, but it was a favor for a professor that was like a father to him. Besides, he really did enjoy art in all its aspects and being part of it was a privilege. He exited his apartment on the second floor and walked down the stairs on the side of the building to get to his car. The pitiful red Saturn was a bit beaten up, but it served its purpose. He tapped the headboard of his car before driving off. Sometimes it was as if the car had a mind of its own.

By the time he arrived at the college, Naruto was a little late. The students shuffled their supplies and set up to start drawing him. Naruto disrobed and stepped unto the podium. Once in his zone, he imagined a time or civilization that wore barely any clothes. Native Americans, for example. The human body really was the most intriguing thing. Changing shape, lithe or clumsy…the art students were there to learn and drawing the human body was the key to knowing how to draw anything.

The hour completed, Naruto got dressed as the students packed their things and left. He held a respect for the arts. He knew he had no talent, having taken the drawing classes Mr. Iruka taught years before and passing on effort alone. But, he was surprised when Iruka stopped him just as he was about to walk through the door.

“Was there something else, Mr. Iruka?” Naruto asked, curious.

“A brilliant young artist is holding some of his artwork in our gallery this weekend,” Iruka explained. “I’ve only seen copies of his work, but they still left quite an impression on me. Why don’t you come? I assure you, you won’t regret it.” Iruka handed him a card.

‘Uchiha, Sasuke,’ he read to himself before nearly dropping the jacket he was holding in his other hand. His eyes widened in shock. “Sasuke?”

“Have you already heard about him?” Iruka asked, concerned.

“I don’t think so,” Naruto replied, a bit tense. “It’s just the name…it sounds familiar. Either way, I’ll try to come.”
Naruto took the elevator down to leave the building. Before heading over to his car, however, he decided to cross the street to peek at the gallery in the other building. He couldn’t see anything from through the reflections on the windows and doors, so he quietly entered the building. Just as he had thought, stands and some of Uchiha’s artwork were already on the ground, leaning against the wall and covered. They were starting to set up the gallery for the weekend. He was almost tempted to sneak into the gallery and peek at one of the art pieces when he saw one of the doors inside the gallery open.

Naruto took a few steps back, concealing himself beneath the staircase. He hadn’t expected anyone to still be there. A man came out of the door and Naruto held his breath. He already knew that his name was Sasuke…because, besides his hair, he was the spitting image of the dark-haired angel in his dream.

------------------------------------------------------

TBC