TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Festival of The Leaf Phoenix by Shaggy

[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Many years ago there lived a nomadic clan that had the ability to steal another person’s chakra and all their jutsus. This clan was feared but soon after a large battle with Huuga clan whose jutsus could not be stolen, the Kaminaku clan died out. Although it is never spoken aloud, the Kaminaku clan’s kekegenkai was the most powerful the world has ever seen but the Kaminaku clan was hated to such an extent that they where wiped from the records of every great civilization. No one knows why they died out but no one has ever seen Kaminakukai preformed for over 300 years. One battle is the only remnant of their culture. The Kaminaku Clan fought and nearly defeated the Leaf village. The Leaf Village remembers those who fought and died in that battle although the Kaminaku Clans is not stated as the opposing clan, with a festival. That festival is called the Festival of the Leaf Phoenix.

It’s a dark and rainy day. Naruto’s room is dark and messy. Clothes cover ever inch of the floor and rain is dripping from the ceiling.

Naruto : Don’t look at me like that Sai. My room isn’t always this clean.

Sai: Have you noticed your roof is leaking.

Naruto: Haha yea. Right after I learnt the Resengan I kind of tried to… practice. Haha.

Sai: We better get going. The festival wont wait for us.

Naruto: You kind of sound excited Sai. It happens every year.

Sai: Im not excited, Im just a little scared. Sakura told us to be ready 20 minutes ago.

Naruto: Don’t let Sakura scare you, her bark is worse than her overbite. HAHAHA!!

Sakura: I HEARD THAT YOU UNGRATEFUL LITTLE SMART ASS!!

Naruto: AAAHHHH !!


Outside. Theres hundreds of people heading towards the village center. The rain is beginning to cease and a rainbow begins to appear. High above the village, crouching atop a large building, Hitake Kakashi peers across the Village.

Leaf Village Scout: KAKASHI!! …. K –Kakashi.

Kakashi: What is it?

Leaf Village Scout: I just found another scout just beyond the West gate. Hes dead. It looked like his body was sucked dry.

Kakashi: What!?! What do you mean sucked dry?

Leaf Village Scout: His body looked… wrinkled and old. Like his life force was drained from him.

Kakashi: Stay here… watch the village. Ill go retrieve the body for Tsunade. The festival is about to begin and if what your saying is true, the festival might be a target.

At the center of the village Naruto, Sakura and Sai arrive at the festival of the Leaf Phoenix.

Sakura: Now guys, I don’t want you 2 to do anything stupid. Sai… watch Naruto. Don’t let him persuade you to do anything.

Naruto: Awww calm down Sakura. Me and Sai are going to go get some Romen.

Naruto runs toward the food stalls dragging Sai behind him. Instantly after Naruto and Sai sprint around a corner and out of sight Kakashi appears right in front of Sakura.

Kakashi: I need to talk to you. Where’s Naruto and Sai?

Sakura: Sigh* you just missed them. Go find the food. If you find the food you’ll find Naruto.

Kakashi: This isn’t the time. Naruto may be in trouble. We have to find him.

Kakashi and Sakura begin to follow Naruto’s path at high speeds. In the distance, a dark figure is seen standing on a roof top and then quickly disappears.

Kakashi and Sakura find Naruto and Sai. Both of whom are sitting at a noodle shop with Naruto’s amount of bowls towering over Sai’s.

Kakashi: Naruto, Sai. We have to go.

Naruto: Awwww… but this is our day off.

Kakashi: This is no time to argue! We have to get you to the Hokage building where we can protect you.

Naruto: Me? Is Akatsuki attacking? Whats going on?

Kakashi: No time to explain. Just come on. Wait…….. MOVE!!

Suddenly, 2 kunai fly towards Kakashi from a distance.

Kakashi: E-Tags !!

Both kunai appear to have explosive tags waving behind them and are covered in ice.

Naruto, Sakura, Sai and Kakashi dodge the explosion by a few seconds.
The explosion destroys the whole noodle shop and many of the surrounding shops injuring many people.

The team seems fine until after about 2 seconds Sakura falls down. The ice surrounding the kunai acted like shrapnel in a grenade. A piece of ice had struck Sakura in the stomach leaving her bleeding.

Naruto: NOO !!

Sai: Kakashi !!

Kakashi: Sai- Stay with Sakura. Naruto- Come with me. We need to get you to the Hokage building.

The dark figure seen on the roof top lands on a large piece of stone rubble from the building. He removes his stylized peasant hat revealing an old, wrinkled face.

Jaiden: Oh come now. We wouldn’t want you to run off now Kakashi. I have yearning to introduce myself. My name is Jaiden. I have been searching for you. I heard of your skills. “ The man who copied 1000 jutsu’s”. I just had to meet you.

Kakashi: Meet me?

Jaiden: oh yes…You have no idea what you mean to me and my clan.

Kakashi: Your clan?

Jaiden: Oh…forgive me. Although you may not have heard of us, I am a member of the great Kaminaku Clan.

Kakashi: Kaminaku Clan!?!..... That’s impossible.

Jaiden: Ah. So you have heard of us. Well… (Smirk) Me. I am the only survivor of my clan but my clan will not die with me. It was the power of the Kaminaku Clan that destroyed us but, ironically, it will also save us.

Kakashi: What.

Naruto: I don’t care where you’re from. You just hurt the wrong person.

Naruto’s eyes begin to glow red. The Kyuubi’s charka begins to flow. 2 tails appear on Naruto.

Jaiden: Wha- What is this kid. All that power.

Naruto: Shadow Clone Jutsu

A massive amount of clones appear. Over 50 clones surround Jaiden.

Jaiden: HAHA…theres no way. The Kyuubi? HAHA. So many clones.

Jaiden slides his hand into his cloak and pulls out another ice cover kunai attached to an explosive tag. He throws it directly upwards as all of Naruto’s clones gather around him. The explosive tag detonates, shooting ice shards everywhere. The ice shards hit and destroy all but a few of Naruto’s clones.

Jaiden: Im sorry Kakashi but you have just been surpassed. I have no more interest in you but this boy… very interesting. By the way boy, I just wanted to say… your little girlfriend… was pathetic. She should have stayed at home.

Naruto: You bastard!! ILL KILL YOU !!

Jaiden: Come and get me.

Jaiden jumps toward the forest with Naruto following right behind him. As Jaiden runs he drops several smoke bombs which detonate just after Naruto gets past them.

Kakashi: NARUTO!! WAIT!! HES JUST TRYING TO MAKE YOU FOLLOW HIM!!

The smoke cloud quickly envelopes Sakura, Kakashi and Sai as Naruto follows Jaiden over the village wall and into the forest.

The forest is dark and wet after the rain. Naruto sticks out because of the Kyuubi’s cloak. Jaiden is quickly drifting through the trees with Naruto struggling to see him.

Naruto: COME OUT HERE!! SHOW YOURSELF!!

Jaiden’s voice is heard drifting through the trees. Naruto spins around, searching for Jaiden, following his voice.

Jaiden: Im sorry little boy but your in over your head. You may have the power of the Kyuubi within you but I have many, many more years of experience. And I also have nothing to lose. Your gonna learn that that makes me more dangerous than you could ever imagine. Because of that I will not play by the rules. You should be very afraid.

Naruto: BRING IT ON!! I WILL NEVER LET YOU LIVE!! YOU HURT SAKURA!!

Jaiden is seen standing directly behind Naruto. Jaiden places his left hand on Naruto shoulder. Naruto’s eyes widen in fear the second Jaiden’s hand comes in contact with him.

Jaiden: (Smirk) you should learn not to make promises you can’t keep.

The Kyuubi’s cloak begins to pour up Jaiden’s arm and begins to cover him while Naruto’s cloak however, begins to fade away. Naruto begins to yell and his 3rd tail becomes slightly visible.

Jaiden: Yes… FEED ME. THE POWER OF THE KYUUBI SHALL RESSURECT THE KAMINAKU CLAN. THE WORLD WILL BE OURS!!

Jaiden begins to transform into a demonic creature (Similar to Sasuke’s 2nd transformation). Suddenly a shuriken whizzes through the trees and strikes Jaiden across the forehead interrupting the Kaminakukai. Naruto collapses onto the forest floor. Jaiden turns around and sees a small army of Leaf Village ninja covering the forest. Hanging from branches and attached to the trees. Jaiden yells to the ninjas.

Jaiden: MY KEKKEGENKAI TAKES A WHILE TO TAKE FULL EFFECT BUT AFTER I RECH MY MAXIMUM I WILL ALLOW YOU ALL TO SEE THE GLORY OF THE KAMINAKU CLAN!!

Jaiden throws 4 ice covered kunai attached with explosive tags upwards. Then flames engulf Jaiden and he disappears.

Naruto then blacks out.

Naruto wakes up to very loud explosions and an empty hospital room. Out his window Naruto sees flames shooting up from the ground which light up the entire night sky.
One explosion is close enough to shake the entire hospital. Naruto rises from his bed and tries to get outside but Sakura enters the room.

Sakura: What are you doing? You have to stay in bed. That Jaiden guy sucked all your charka. You won’t be able to help us.

Naruto: But I’m ready to fight. I can help

Sakura: You will only get us hurt. I’m sorry Naruto but you just can’t come. Stay in bed.

Sakura then leaves the room and helps evacuate some of the seriously injured. Naruto climbs out the window and down the hospital wall. He then follows the explosions and other battles sounds into the forest. He feels heat and hears the screams of ninja. He walks through the Village graveyard toward the battle. He then sees a large creature. Jaiden has turned into a larger version of his transformed self covered in the Kyuubi’s cloak. Naruto stops. He begins to cry. He tries to turn away then sees a large stone. He approaches the stone. The stone has writing on it. It reads: Minato Namikaze. The 3rd. Never truly gone.

Naruto starts crying. He looks down and notices a kunai stuck into the ground. The kunai has a tag hanging off it. One of Naruto’s tears falls from his cheek. The tear glows blue, full of charka. The tear connects with the tag. The tag then detonates, launching Naruto backwards. Naruto, dazed, opens his eyes and sees a figure through the smoke.

Figure: Naruto ?

Naruto... … …Dad?

Minato: Its me Naruto.

Naruto: … DAD

Naruto jumps onto his feet and runs toward Minato. They hug each other. Minato lifts Naruto off his feet.

They hug for sometime but are soon interrupted by the sound of a rustling tree. They both look up and notice Sasuke looking down on them.

Naruto: What are you doing here? Your obviously not coming back to the village are you.

Sasuke: I’m not here for you Naruto. I’m here as backup for Orochimaru. Orochimaru wishes to enlist the help of Jaiden in destroying Akatsuki.

Minato: Orochimaru is here too? Wait… Jaiden… Jaiden Kaminaku ? That’s…impossible. What year is this.

Naruto: Im sorry dad. Theres a lot you’ve missed. Orochimaru is now fighting against the Leaf Village. Jaiden has stolen the power of the Kyuubi and this is Sasuke… an old friend.

Sasuke: DAD!?! MINATO NAMIKAZE!?! That’s impossible!!

Minato: Not impossible… Im sure you have heard of my personal justu? My ability to ‘teleport’. Well to move across large distances I leave tags that are conneted to me. They are small summoning scrolls that I use to summon myself to that location. Only I and members of my family can use this ability. Before I died I poured nearly all of my remaining charka into this tag and gave it to Sarotobi. I guess somehow Naruto inserted a little of his charka into the tag… summoning me.

Sasuke: Well no matter how you came into this world, Orochimaru will not accept another person to assist the leaf village. Im sorry to do this to you Naruto, you have lost enough but I cannot let Minato to interfere. His time is finished.
Sasuke’s eye begins to change rapidly.

Sasuke: Mangek-

Minato disappears then quickly reappears in front of Sasuke. Grabbing Sasuke’s arm.

Minato: Im sorry for you Sasuke. I saw a connection between you and Naruto, theres no doubt about that. So you should thank Naruto for that because I would probably kill someone trying to use a Mangekyo Sharingan on me.

Sasuke begins to quiver in fear.

Minato: Don’t be scared. Just don’t try to attack me again.

Naruto: Dad! Please. You have to help the village.




Will Minato and Naruto be able to stop Jaiden? Will Jaiden join with Orochimaru? Will Naruto get the Kyuubi back inside him?

To Be Continued…