TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Lead Me Into The Night... by loulou20

[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Hey it's Lucy! i was shifting through a bunch of old pictures a few days ago and stumbled upon one of team minato, and thus a story is born. please review! even if it's to tell me how horrible it is...
It was a day neither would ever forget. It was the moment that would forever change Team Minato. It was the moment that Uchiha, Obito gave his life for his teammates and it was the very scene that replayed itself over and over in young Rin’s head, as she slowly walked towards the open casket. Her trembling hands clutching at the stark white rose so tightly, it nearly crumbled under her grasp.

Her breath was uneven, shaky, distressed; mirroring her broken appearance. She hadn’t slept since they returned, resulting in dark bags under her chocolate eyes; her hair wasn’t brushed; she couldn’t even remember small, everyday things, like whether or not she had brushed her teeth that morning or taken a shower; she was a mess, but as she glanced to her right she couldn’t help but take comfort that she wasn’t the only one feeling distraught that morning; Kakashi seemed just as troubled as her, as he gazed sorrowfully at his fallen comrade, his left eye newly bandaged.

He knew how she felt, this strange sense of helplessness, weakness; which refused to go away; the cruel fact that there was nothing they could have done to save him.

So now, instead of standing between the two young shinobi, Obito lay cold and still in front of the village, the left side of his body covered in fresh bandages. The corners of his mouth were pulled up into one last peaceful smile. But to Rin, the smile was counterfeit, cold, a reminder to them all that that they would never again see their dear teammate’s wild and goofy grin.

Kakashi looked at the young girl besides him, reaching up suddenly, gently running his thumb across her cheek, and that’s when she realized she was crying, sobbing uncontrollably over the late Uchiha.

“ It’s all my fault Kakashi! If I would have been stronger, I could have helped him, I could have at least done something…” she said, her voice barely a whisper.

“ You can’t change what has already happened, Rin.” He replied softly, tears evident in his quivering voice as he pulled her close to him. “ It’s over, there was nothing we could’ve done.”

Minato joined them now, softly pushing his students forwards and away from their fallen friend.

Rin closed her eyes, tears still flowing freely from her swollen eyes, as Kakashi and Minato led her away from the source of her pain.

“ It’ll be okay, Rin.” Minato’s deep voice reassured her, his hand gently smoothing over her shoulder.

She let out another sob, realizing that there should have been one more hand on her shoulder, one more voice trying to sooth her tears, and one more hand clasping her own.

People filed past the melancholic group, muttering words of sympathy.

The slight sprinkle had turned into a downpour, drenching Team Minato. Even the heavens mourned over the young shinobi.

{L.E.A.D…M.E…I.N.T.O…T.H.E…N.I.G.H.T}

The house was cold and dark, mimicking her breaking heart. Kakashi led her up the stairs, not bothering to turn on the lights as they made their way through the mournful home. The floorboards creaked under their weight, breaking the deafening silence if only for a moment.

The hallways were cluttered with blithe pictures of Team Minato, their smiles haunting the empty hallways.

She glanced at them as they made their way to the end of the hall, Obito’s joyful grin pulled at her heart. Her gaze lingered softly, her eyes fixed on the small frame, the initials O.U. carved messily into the bottom.

Kakashi watched silently, furrowing his brow at the sight. She was slipping, that much he could see, each day she walked around as if she were a ghost lost in her memories.

It was disturbing to Kakashi, the way her brown eyes seemed void of any life these days.

He tugged on her sleeve slightly, before realizing that she was already gone. She slid gracefully to the scuffed floor below, as Kakashi rushed to catch her.

She lay limp in his arms, her hand softly clutching his shirt.

He sighed loudly, hoisting himself up and continued down the corridor, gently pushing the door open.

The sound of the rain echoed in the dank room, thunder and lighting clashing outside its protective walls.

He laid her on the bed, pulling the covers over her shivering body, before pulling himself up, onto the bed, softly stroking her auburn hair as the sorrowful day came to a close.
Chapter end notes: Please Review!