TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Okashii by fuyuko

[Reviews - 2]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer: Naruto is the property of Masashi Kishimoto. No money is being made from the writing of this story and no copyright/trademark infringement is intended.
Night swept in like a flight engaged bird, speedily dragging a blinding velvety dark. Three permitted ninja flew into the bustling, lighted town hastily, desperately hunting lodging opportunities.

Finally, tiredly settling on a run down, rickety inn, the team settled into one wooden walled, desolate room, consisting of three stiff single beds. Gazing around the bleak room distastefully, the uncomplaining squad dropped their heavy bags profoundly on the clean, starched sheets.

“Does anyone want to go out for dessert?” Naruto inquired merrily, wrapping his jacketed arms around his flaxen hair sloppily.

A weary Sasuke sighed heavily, shoving pale hands into his pockets recklessly, “I’m going for a walk.”

An overly enthusiastic Sakura questioned readily, “Should we come along?”

“No.”

Downfallen and devastatingly heartbroken, Sakura lagged behind to get something sweet with a chance grasping Naruto. Sasuke stalked out the unbolted door enigmatically, his mind drifting to elsewhere, more imperative thoughts that needed dealing with. Swirling in the twinge of eternal scenes and mechanical wanderings, he speculated unmistakably about the trifling, camouflaged girl.

She was so singular yet so plain at the same time. He sought to know more about her yet effusively loathed the apparent fact that he’d have to form another warped relationship. He desired to converse to her, even if she was an adversary.

It was entirely twisted and utterly wrong.

As he casually strolled along, taking his valued, never wasted time, an ear splitting scream erupted somewhere remarkably near him. It paralyzed the hallowed Uchiha slightly, flinching at the deafening pierce. Another one was emitted, this time closer, and diminishing in strengthened volume.

Gracefully, he swept the damp, unevenly carpeted forest floor as he tracked down the source of the sound expertly. Some feeling raging in his always composed body told him that it was near. Stopping to hide dexterously behind a verdant bush, the sanctified raven haired studied the panorama attentively, onyx, resolute eyes never faltering.

“P-please stop…”

“Are you finally awakening to the truth?! The world is an imperfect place, and with that, we must extinguish those that are flawed.”

“I-I’m sorry…Please forgive my uselessness…”

Unmoving alarm overcame the emotionless Sasuke as he observed the panorama fixedly; though her trembling back was turned to him, he could make out the rampant annoyance of the boy. He was indistinctly familiar, it was the one that he had sparred with on wrath.

What was he doing to her?

What is she stuttering about?

Uselessness?

The kneeling girl bowed genuinely, her disheartened eyes fluttered to the ground acquiescently, “Hitsuka-sama, please forgive me. I will do better next time.”

“You always say next time. ‘Next time I’ll do my best.’ There never was a next time!!” exclaimed the infuriated boy with uncontrollably strong vehemence, “You always promise empty words. You say you want to seal away your futility during battle. But you haven’t changed a bit. You’re still as afraid of death as always. You should just go off with those stupid Leaf Ninja, seeing as they won’t try to kill if unnecessary. You’re not fit to wear this headband. You’re not fit to be with us.”

Her beautiful tears dripped continuously on the quick absorbing ground, glimmering like well cut diamonds in the pearly moonlight, “I’m sorry, Hitsuka-sama. I will certainly do my best.”

“No.” he stated minimally, optioning to finally give up on her cultivated personality, “That’s run dry. I’m tired of hearing it.”

He picked up his fallen kunai precariously, murderous intent written all too visibly in his rage stricken eyes.

He couldn’t stand this. What was this rash nonsense? Was he trying to declare that Leaf Ninja were too soft? That they spend their time idling around sipping tea? It drove him to the brink of his stillness, over brimming antipathy and umbrage fuming within him as he tried urgently to compose himself. But what incensed him the most was the fearful girl. Why did she call him by such a high ranking honorific? Did he deserve it?

That boy wasn’t eligible to be called a ninja.

He wasn’t suitable to be called a human.

He was lower than filthy dirt.

“Stop.”

Both figures turned around instantaneously, the lament girl’s eyes glimmering with over flowing tears and an illuminated hope in her distressed, lost eyes.

“It’s you again.” Noted the said Hitsuka tranquilly, the blade still held riskily in his fisted hand, knuckles turning paper white with violent ferocity.

“Are you trying to kill this girl,” Sasuke’s infamous, sleek smirk grew with overconfidence as his night eyes scrutinized the surrounding area restfully, “Because she is of no use to you?”

“You should understand. Seeing as your own squad is filled with useless idiots.” Responded the boy heatedly, now dropping his aching, still tightened hand.

Sasuke glared at him continually, never wavering the connection, “No, I don’t.”

“Oh right.” chortled the russet eyed opponent jokingly, “You’re a Leaf Ninja. You don’t understand the true, cruel ways of this world. You don’t understand pain. You don’t know what loss feels like. You have no idea what we’re going through.”

“You don’t know,” hissed the enraged Uchiha treacherously, “What I’ve been dragged through.”

Pain? Loss? He was too well acquainted with the two. They met on inoperative Saturday afternoons, bathing in the golden sunlight relaxingly tasting tea.

But to be serious, he knew them better than all insignificant people. He witnessed their decease powerlessly, feebly.

The foe snickered hysterically, making a gag out of the entire staid situation freely, “Sure. You lost your cat to a tree? A flower in a pure bred garden died? You rich Leaf Ninja have no idea.”

The prudent, consecrated Sasuke wasn’t going to waste his prized time or cherished life trying to explain his experienced bloody massacre.

“Stop pushing her around.” Cleanly avowed the raven haired demandingly, his voice hazardously low.

Hitsuka’s eyes brightened with amusement, apparent hilarity in his unkempt tone, “You’re such a gentleman. ‘Stop pushing her around.’ Here to defend the weak, eh? She has nothing to do with you at all. You don’t even know her, what’s the use in you trying to save a worthless life that you don’t know of? You don’t even know her name.”

He couldn’t argue about not knowing her name. It was true, he was completely unaware of what she was entitled, but it didn’t matter. We were all supposedly equivalent humans, why should some kill others just for the mere gratification of seeing the bereavement? Malicious irony settled unaware on his belief.

“I’ll just leave her here.” Claimed Hitsuka callously, not the least bit concerned of his petrified associate, “She’ll seek us out tomorrow.”

As he jumped away, leaping adroitly into the overhanging trees, a somehow apprehensive, vexed Sasuke stepped towards the said girl vigilantly, as if approaching a bewildered, startled animal.

Kneeling besides her mutely, his ebony, forceful eyes examined her warily, taking in each mar inflicted.

Deep purple, abuse perceptible bruises littered her uncovered skin, insignificant scratches covering much of her body. A deep, still bleeding wound caught his yielded attention, edging from her shoulder down to her elbow. What a vindictive, heartless teammate.

“I’ll get you to our inn. Sakura can probably fix you up there.” He mentioned, cautiously hoisting her up to an excruciating stand.

Pain shot up her spine incessantly, running back and forth like an Olympic swimmer darting from end to end effortlessly.

She nodded weakly, her eyes dim and lifeless, uttering meekly, “Thank you. I appreciate it greatly.”

She was too well mannered and timid; even the slightest help from a complete stranger was welcomed and wholly appreciated.

Oh, the woes we weave.
Chapter end notes: A/N: Haha, I added the Olympic line because the Olympics were on. Well, not entirely because of that, but rather because I thought it might fit well?
Please review, if you will, so I may know the standing among readers.
Thanks.