TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Motive Or Random Attack by shinobi101

[Reviews - 9]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Here's my second chapter. Hope you like it. I don't own Naruto.
Naruto's POV

Why Sasuke? Why did you come back? Is Itachi dead? How did you get away from Orochimaru? Are you going to leave again? What will I do if the council exicutes you for treason? What did you. . .

I was pulled out of my thoughts by Sasuke shifting positions so he was leaning against the table. "Are we going to talk or are you going to stare off into space all day, dobe?"

I must have taken to long to answer because he gave me a funny look. Or maybe I imagined it. "I. . . ah. . . Why are you here?"



He looked away like he didn't want to talk about it. "You brought me here, baka. You wanted to talk remember?"

"Don't play the idiot Sasuke. It doesn't suit you. You know what I mean." Damn! Even as a prisoner Sasuke can push my buttons like no one else. How crazy is it that I missed that and wanted it back?

"I thought you wanted me here so why do you care why I came? Don't you want me back?" I thought I saw hurt in Sasuke's eyes when he said that.

"I did want you back." The hurt seemed to dig deeper into Sasuke's usually emotionless eyes. "I do," I amended. Sasuke seemed to relax at this. "But at least when I was threatening to drag you back I knew where we stood; you didn't want to be here. I was going to have to take you by force. Now. . . I have to know why you're here because I can't let you stay if you are going to hurt everyone again." Hurt me again, I silently added.

Sasuke looked rather shocked at my speech. He seemed to have lost his voice. When it finally came back it sounded horse, "I don't want to hurt everyone again," his voice got quieter, "to hurt you again."

A shocked look came over my face before I could stop it. Could he hear my thoughts? "So why are you here?"

"I need help." Was I dreaming? Did Uchiha Sasuke just admit that he needed help? I managed to keep my face expressionless. I knew what it cost Sasuke to open himself up like this and I didn't want him to think I was being judgemental.

"I. . . I can't take out Itachi alone and I sure as hell don't trust anyone from the Sound to watch my back so I decided I need to be with people that I trust."

I don't know why but this annoyed the hell out of me. He only can back for help to take down Itachi. He didn't care about the rest of us. I should have known better. Even the fact that he said that he trusted Konoha couldn't calm me down so I almost missed what came next.

"And. . . I missed you." My anger melted away.

"So. . .you won't turn around and betray us again?" Sasuke visibly winced as I said again.

"No," he said. I was soft, but it was definatly there. "Naruto. . ."

"Yeah?"

"I. . . wanted you to know that their was no one I'd rather have watching my back than you." I light pink tint entered his face.

I didn't know how to answer that, so I glanced at the clock. "We better hurry up. Tsunade-baachan won't wait forever."

"Okay." He stood up. "Naruto, one more thing."

"Hm?"

"Are we still friends?"

A shockwave ran through my body. "Yeah. The best." I flashed him a big smile, a real one. In return I recieved a small smile in return. It wasn't big but it reached his eyes.

"Er. . . Sorry about having to tie you up again but Tsunade-baachan would kill me if I let you walk into her office unbound," Naruto said.

Sasuke smirked as he followed Naruto out of the board room and up the stairs. Normally Sasuke would have yelled at Naruto for leading him somewhere he already knew how to get to but their recent talk had left him in a good mood. 'Naruto's already bent enough rules for me for one day,' Sasuke thought.

Naruto knocked on the door to the Hokage's office. A muffled "You're late gaki" was heard through the door.

Sasuke was surprised that Tsunade didn't sound more mad as he followed Naruto through the door.

Tsunade's eyes never left Naruto as they walked in. It made Sasuke a little bit uncomfortable.

"Uzumaki-san, before we discuss the matters at hand, did your previous infilteration mission go well?"

"Of course and it's 'Uzumaki-san' now is it?"

"I could easily make it 'Namikaze-san' now couldn't I? Which do you prefer?" Sasuke shot Naruto a questioning glance. When Naruto didn't respond, Tsunade stated, "That's what I thought."

Naruto glared at her.

"Uzumaki-san, Uchiha sit." They both obeyed.

"Uchiha I don't know why you returned to Konoha and I don't care at this point. You will tell your interrigators all they need to know in due time. The reason we are here today is to find out if you plan on abandoning the village as soon as we allow you to go free."

Tsunade got up and walked toward them. "No," Sasuke said, "I'm not leaving again."

"Forgive me for not taking your word for it." With that she punched a very unsuspecting Sasuke in the temple, knocking him out cold. "Naruto your kekkai genki."

"Yeah, yeah. You know I could have done this while he was concious."

"I know but this was more fun."

Naruto snorted. "Nentougan (A/N - Mindeye)." Naruto's eyes turned a deep, almost hypnotyzing, purple. They had a swirl in the middle that resembled the leaf symbol, but with out the straight line and the triangle. "It doesn't seem like he's planning to leave."

"Good."

"Do you want me to wake him up?"

"No. I want to talk to you first." There was a pause. "Why don't you want anyone to know that you are the Fourth's son?"

"You already know. I don't want people respecting me just because I'm son of a Hokage. I want them to respect me because I am a great ninja and going to be a hokage myself."

"I respect your reasons, but how are we going to explain to Sasuke how we have reached a verdict already without explaining nentougan to him?"

"Explain the nentougan to him just not where it came from. I don't want Sasuke to treat me differently so he can't know."

"I think Sasuke would treat you the same, but whatever Namikaze."

Naruto sent her a death glare that was amplified by his nentougan.

"Wake him up."

Sasuke's POV

"Wake up! Wake up, you bastard! I don't have time for this! Baachan. . . did you have to hit him so hard?"

"Yes."

"Che. Wake up! Teme!"

"Hm? Naruto?" Why was Naruto yelling in my ear? Damn that dobe was just making his head hurt worse!

The room came into focus. Naruto was standing over me with a irritated expression on his face. I looked into his sky blue eyes, trying to find answers. I saw none.

"Good to see your finally awake. . . Gaki! Why did you have to put him under for soo long!"

"What!?! Are you out of your mind Baachan? Was I the one that hit him? No! I told you should have left him concious!" He gave her a death glare that seemed purple to me. Maybe I was still dizzy.

'Uchiha can hear you kit. And deactivate the nentougan. Uchiha is staring.'

'Butt out!'

Tsunade was talking again. "We have determined that you are indeed not trying to leave again." That got my attention.

"What? While I was unconcious? How is that possible?"

Tsunade seemed to snicker and shot a look at Naruto that said I told you. "Naruto."

I looked at Naruto, who looked like he was trying to melt into his chair. "Naruto what?"

"Naruto determined."

"How?" I looked at Naruto suddenly horrified that he had told Tsunade everything we said in the boarding room.

Tsunade smirked. "Since it seems Naruto has lost his tongue I guess I'll have to explain. Naruto has a very rare kekkai genki called nentougan."

My brain couldn't seem to process what she said. "Naruto. . . kekkai genki. . ." I manage to process all my thoughts into one word, "How?"

"He inherited it from is father," she said with a glance at Naruto. He looked like he was going to pass out.

"Who's Naruto's father?" Naruto's eyes glazed over.

"I'll leave him to tell you that."

"Okay. . . What is nentougan?"

"A variety of mind infilterating techniques. I'm not sure how far Naruto has progressed. Naruto? NARUTO!" I turned towards Naruto again, he finally looked up.

"What?"

"How far has your nentougan progressed, gaki?"

"Oh. . . um," he stole a glance at me. "Torture."

"Naruto has progressed as far as being able to torture people. He can also plant false images into peoples minds. Amoung other things." She paused here. "Are you training for the last stage yet?"

"Um. . . NO. I don't want it."

"You will." Naruto raised his eyebrows. "Back to the matters at hand. Sasuke, you will be underhouse arrest until your trial." She gave Naruto a look that I couldn't interpert. "You will only be allowed to leave with two ANBU members or Naruto." That was fine with me. Naruto was the only one I really wanted to see anyway.

"Naruto show Sasuke to his apartment."

"Hai."

"And then meet me back here. We have matters to discuss with Jiraya."

"Do I have to? I have to meet Kakashi at nine."

"Just be here."

"Fine! But don't expect me to be in a good mood. Especally if this is about what I think it's about."

"You aren't required to be in a good mood at my command, but I do expect you to be here, gaki."

"Come on Sasuke."
Chapter end notes: Review please! XD