TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Motive Or Random Attack by shinobi101

[Reviews - 9]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: Disclaimer: I DO NOT own Naruto. (No matter how much I want to!)
Chapter notes: This is my first try at a story on TONFA, so don't hate me!

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto.
Sasuke sat in a cell somewhere in Konoha. Yes, Sasuke finally returned to Konoha and of his own free will I might add!

He sighed. Where were his 'friends.' He thought Naruto would come to visit him at least. Naruto didn't hate him completely. Did he? Sure he tried to kill him, but he'd done that before. That was nothing new.

Unless. . . Naruto got tired of chasing him and just gave up . . . NO! He shouldn't think like that! Naruto DOES NOT give up!

So where was Naruto? Maybe . . .

~~~~~In The Hokage's Office~~~~~

"Shizune."

"Yes Tsunade-sama?"

"Bring me Naruto and Sakura. We have had Sasuke back in the village for almost three weeks now. It's time we did something about it."

"Hai."

Tsunade sat lost in thought. What can we do about Sasuke? It will break Naruto's heart to have him killed. I have to think of someway to convince the council to avoid that option. Well I guess house arrest is the best option now.

TAP TAP

"Yes?"

"Tsunade-sama, Naruto and Sakura are here per to your request."

"Yes send them in."

"Naruto. Sakura. I have something to tell you. It's about Sasuke." Their eyes visibly widened.

~~~~~An Hour Later with Sasuke~~~~~

Sasuke heard a door open and then close. He looked up. Even through the ANBU mask on his face he could tell it was Naruto.

They stared at each other for a few seconds before Naruto regained his composure.

"Sasuke. . . Get up. You have to come with me."

Sasuke was shocked by Naruto's tone. He sounded so formal. The only time he showed any emotion or recognition was when Naruto said his name. He did as he was told anyway.

He stood up and Naruto openned the door. Naruto made a series of hand seals. Sasuke felt his hands being bond together by invisible bindings that were also surpressing his chakara.

"Follow me. Don't bother trying to escape. We are being followed by concelled ANBU members. If you try to escape you will be put to death." I can't let that happen Naruto thought.

Sasuke thought he saw caring in Naruto's eyes. So some of my old best friend is still there. I need to see how much. "You think I would come back to try to escape? Dobe!"

He saw rage pass into Naruto's eyes, but it was quickly replaced. "Just informing you of procedure, Uchiha."

Sasuke felt hurt that the person he still considered his best friend would say that, but he didn't let it show. "Baka."

"Come."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Naruto hadn't said anything to Sasuke since they left the cell block and it was really starting to get to Sasuke.

Maybe I was wrong and he DOES hate me, Sasuke thought. IF he hates me it's my own fault. I tried to kill my best friend how stupid was I. Why couldn't I have just knocked him unconcious? Why did I try to kill him? I was so stupid. Now he hates me.

Naruto heard Sasuke sigh and glanced at him. He looked really bent out of shape. What's wrong with him? Naruto was concerned. Just being locked up wouldn't do that to Sasuke. Would it?

Naruto felt like he didn't know Sasuke anymore. When he had finally come to terms with the 'new' Sasuke that wanted him dead, Sasuke had come back. Why? He had to know before Sasuke told Tsunade and his other interigators.

Sasuke was pulled out of his thoughts when Naruto turned around and held up his hand in an ANBU signal. (The signal is touching his pointer finger to his thumb and holding up the other three fingers.)

Ten ANBU appeared in a circle around Naruto and Sasuke. "What is it Captin?" one asked.

Naruto's an ANBU captin? Sasuke thought.

"I can take it from here. You are dismissed."

A chorus of Hai's followed. Naruto waited until all of the ANBU were gone before he took off his mask.

"Sasuke," Sasuke was now starring at Naruto, "I need to talk to you before you talk to Tsunade."

"I highly doubt that's allowed. You're gonna get in trouble baka."

Naruto scratched the back of his head in an impish way like he used to when they were young. Sasuke relaxed a little bit.

"I'll get in less trouble then you would think. Why would you start to care now?"

The last part bothered Sasuke. It sounded to bitter, so Sasuke ignored it. "And why exactly wouldn't you get in trouble?"

~~~~~Flashback to the Hokage's Office~~~~~

"What about Sasuke?" Sakura asked.

"He came back." Tsunade replied watching their reactions. Sakura looked shocked and Naruto stared uncomprehendingly at nothing in particular. "Naruto?"

"He's back. Back where?"

"Here, gaki, here!"

"Can I see him?"

"Yes you will be escorting him to my office in a minute, but first I must inform you of the conditions."

"What conditions?" Naruto asked suspiciously.

"Well you must realise that Sasuke must stand trial in front of the council," Tsunade paused here and seeing Naruto nod she continued, "I need evidence in Sasuke's favor to keep him from being exicuted for treason."

"How does that involve me?"

"You were his best friend. He may be more truthful with you than with me, so I need you to talk to him before you bring him here."

"Let me get this straight," Sakura said, "you are trusting Naruto with a state prisoner that escaped from him every time he was given the chance to apprehend him? Let me talk to Sasuke. I'LL get him to tell the truth."

Naruto's eyes widened and he looked hurt. Tsunade gave Sakura a withering. "Naruto is your teammate, Sakura and more importantly your friend. You should have more faith in him. Besides all you ever did to Sasuke is annoy him."

"Naruto. I'm sorry I can't lose Sasuke. . . I can't . . ."

"So all I have to do is talk to Sasuke?" Naruto cut in.

"Yes, but you will be wearing a wire so we have evidence."

"Ok."

~~~~~Present Time~~~~~

"Just trust me. We need to talk."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sasuke's POV

"Trust me. We have to talk."

". . ."

"Well come on. We can't talk out in the middle of an alley. We look like we up to something."

"Whatever." So Naruto still wanted to talk to me. This could be a sign that he didn't hate me completely. Or it could be that he wanted to beat me up somewhere where no one could notice us.

I looked up. Naruto was putting his mask back on. "Just follow me. I know where to go."

"Baka." I muttered. We had only gone a little way before there was a puff of white smoke in front of Naruto. It was Kakashi. Still reading his little orange book. Things han't changed as much as I thought.

Kakashi spoke to Naruto, "Those ANBU shadowers must be getting better. I can't sense them at all." Kakashi seemed to be smiling with his visible eye. Oh great the Dobe is going to get caught.

Naruto either didn't catch the meaning of what Kakashi said or didn't care. "Well yes, I suppose they are better. It's almost like they aren't here at all."

Kakashi raised his eyebrows or um . . . eyebrow. "Does Tsunade know of their. . . improvement?"

"Of course."

"Auh. . . well very good then. Be at the training grounds at 9:00 am tomorrow Naruto."

"And by nine you mean ten right."

Kakashi just eyed Naruto. "I have a way to improve you situation so din't be late." With that he was gone.

As soon as Kakashi was gone I asked, "What situation?"

"Nothing you need to worry about, Uchiha." I noticed how he flexed his right arm as he said this.

I must have looked hurt after he said that because he added, "Another time."

I followed Naruto to the Hokage building. "I thought we weren't coming here."

"I never said that." I looked at Naruto. Was he suffering from memory loss?

"You said you wanted to talk to me before we came here."

"I said I wanted to talk to you before you talked to Tsunade and we aren't there yet are we." I sighed and followed him into the building. He lead me to a room that appeared to be a board room.

"Here we are no one is due to be here for another three hours." There was a pause here. "You aren't going to try to escape are you?"

"I don't think so. Not unless you bore me to death, Dobe." He seemed to relax. He clicked his fingers and I felt my hands free themselves.

"I'm pretty sure THAT wasn't allowed," I said as I flexed my fingers experimentally.

Naruto shrugged. "You said you wouldn't try to escape."

I stared at him. If he hated me why would he free me? What was going on?

"Like I said, we need to talk."
Chapter end notes: Review Please!