TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Thunder and Swirls by Kamisori

[Reviews - 235]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Yay! Chapter 5 is here! Believe it! xD lol Thanks to all who reviewed, read, and favorited this story! You're all awsome! Seriously.

I own my OCs and a few ideas. I do not own Naruto in any form or way. So please put your lawyers away. Thank you.

KEY :
Ah = Thoughts (mostly)
"Choo" = Talking
~*~*~ = Scene Change

Read on!
“Sakura here, I’ve arrived point ‘B’” Sakura said into the walky talky headset.

“Sasuke here, I’m at point ‘C’” Said Mr. I’m-too-emo-for-my-shirt, in his walky talky.

“Naruto here, I’ve reached point ‘A’. Believe it!” Naruto’s voice rang into his walky talky.

“This is scout 29-er-9-er, I have reached point ‘D’, over.”

“Nice, Hiyori.” Said Kakashi through his own walky talky. “What’s your distance from the target?”

“Five meters.” Naruto said peeking behind a tree.

“Aright, wait for my signal” Kakashi said. The rest of the squad tensed and got ready to pounce. “Now!”

When Kaminari jumped out behind her tree, she saw that Naruto had the cat in his hands. Naruto screamed as the cat scratched him, while Sasuke confirmed it was the ‘target’. Kaminari reached into her left kunai pouch and pulled out a silver bell on a tattered red string. She kept it to rub into her sensei’s face. She crouched low to the ground and began dragging the bell on the ground, making the bell tinkle.

Tora’s, the cat that was scratching Naruto, ears had shot up when the sound of the small bell tinkled. The cat spotted the shiny bell that was being dragged on the ground. Tora jumped off Naruto, and got low to the ground in a stalking-prey-ready-to-pounce motion. Tora then shot toward the bell.

Kaminari had let go of the bell, and watched as Tora played with the shiny sphere. She then picked up the chubby cat and her bell. “Come on guys, we need to deliver the cat to the Hokage” The Hiyori said.

~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~

Each member of squad 7 had their own sweat drop at the site before them. …poor kitty…ANIMAL ABUSER!! Kaminari thought as she saw the women hug her cat so tight that it was crying. Quite literally, too.

“Now then,” the older voice of the Hokage started. “For squad seven’s next mission, we have several available tasks. Among them is babysitting the chief councilors three year old, helping his wife with the shopping, digging up potatoes--”

“No!” Naruto complained. Thank god Naruto said something! That list makes me feel so…non-ninja-ish. Kaminari thought blankly. “I want a real mission! Something dangerous and exciting. Not some lousy babysitting!” Naruto continued.

“How dare you! You’re just a bunch of genin with no experience!” Shouted Iruka-sensei from his spot by the Hokage.

“And you need some major anger management classes! I don’t see your point!” Randomly shouted Kaminari standing by Naruto’s side. Iruka twitched at that remark. The Hokage sighed and started to lecture.

“Naruto, Kaminari, it seems you don’t under stand the tasks you have been given. Many different types of requests for missions come into our village everyday. From babysitting to assassination. These requests are carefully recorded, analyzed, then ranked A, B, C, or D. Depending on their difficulty…” The Hokage noticed no one was listening. Squad 7 was listening to Naruto’s lunch speech. “Silence!” Hokage yelled.

“Oh…sorry.” Said Kakashi-sensei sheepishly. Naruto spun around to look at the Hokage.

“You keep lecturing me like you’re my grandfather or something!” Said Naruto irritated. “But I’m not the little brat that used to pull pranks all the time! I‘m a ninja now and I want a ninja mission”

“Yeah!” Kaminari agreed. “And the only thing I got out of that whole speech is that people who are too lazy to watch their own kids, have us genin do it!” Iruka suddenly grinned as he started to chuckle. The Hokage gained a grin as well.

“So the great NaruNari gang want to prove that they’re not brats anymore. That they’re real ninja now. Very well,” Everyone’s head snapped towards the Hokage. Had they heard right? “Since you are so determined, I’ll give you a C rank mission.” Touch down! Pouting always wins! Thought Kaminari happily.

The Hokage briefed the squad on what the mission was. Bodyguards. Sounds simple enough. The young Hiyori thought. The Hokage told the client to come in. I don’t think any of us were expecting what we saw. A drunken old guy. Lovely.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A few hours later, squad seven and the drunken old guy, Tazuna, were walking toward the mist village. On the road again! I just can’t wait to get on the road again…puddle? Kaminari thought as they past the miniature lake in the road. Well that’s odd. It hasn’t rained for a while…oh well. This is a C rank. Maybe some animal peed there.

Kaminari shrugged slightly as she adjusted her navy blue shoulder bag. She was wearing a black hooded sweater thats zipper was opened slightly ,with the traditional Hiyori clan armor kimono pants. Under her sweater was a gold colored beater that had the crest of the Hiyori clan on the back. Her two kunai pouches were on their normal spots on her hips. Her headband was on her forehead and her trusty scythe was on her back, like always.

Suddenly a burst of chakra and a shout made the group stop and turn around. Kaminari’s eyes widened. “Holy shit! The puddle’s alive!” She shouted as two figures attacked the group’s jonin. The group stared in shock as Kakashi was reduced to piles of flesh.

Kaminari felt sick seeing her sensei die in front of her, but she couldn’t move due to shock. It wasn’t until Sasuke pinned the attackers bladed chain to a tree did she finally take out her scythe. When the attacking ninjas got loose, one went for Tazuna, while the other went after Naruto.

Kaminari didn’t think when she acted. She lunged her self at Naruto’s attacker. “Kamisori!” Blood sprayed on her face as she sliced the enemy ninja’s arm. Lucky for him, he had moved his arm, other wise the arm would have been sliced clean off. Kaminari eyes widened when see saw a tall figure grab the enemy nin and go after the other one.

Kaminari smiled and happy tears pricked her eyes, but didn’t fall. Kakashi-sensei! You’re alive! She thought happily. She put her scythe back on her back. Kakashi turned his head towards the young Hiyori, but Kaminari could tell he wasn’t talking to her. “Naruto, I’m sorry I didn’t get here sooner. I didn’t mean for you to get hurt.”

What?! Kaminari thought as she quickly spun around to face Naruto. He was holding his hand. On his hand was three bloody scratches. So I couldn’t fully protect him. She thought. “I’m so sorry Naruto! I should have snapped out of it sooner to help!” Kaminari rapidly told her friend, while she cussed herself out.

Naruto smiled weakly at her. He told her not to worry about it, after all, it was just a scratch. Kaminari returned his weak smile. “Naruto!” Kakashi’s voice rang out in an alert tone. “Those ninja’s claws had poison in them! You need to get the poison out right now!”

Naruto’s and Kaminari’s eyes widened as they heard their sensei say this. They stared at the wound in horror. Ok, calm down, now think! Kasumi must have taught you something on how to remove poison! Come on brain! Think! Warm liquid on her face snapped her out of her thinking trance.

Her eyes held shock mixed with horror as she saw Naruto stab himself with a kunai to get the poison out. Kaminari lifted her hand to her cheek, where the liquid was. She wiped some off and stared at her hand. Her eyes went blank. It was Naruto’s blood… She thought in a trance.

Kaminari didn’t even notice Sakura yelling at Naruto, or Kakashi wrap Naruto’s wound with bandages. Her eyes saw nothing, but the blood on her hand. Her mind was filled with thought like “I couldn’t protect him” and similar thoughts raced through her head. She was startled when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

She looked at the person with eyes blank with horror. Kakashi looked her in the eye as he smiled warmly. “Come on, lets continue. You’ll be fine. I’ll make sure you get home safe.” Kaminari nodded at her sensei as he let go of her shoulder. She shook her head to clear her thoughts.

I won’t willingly let this happen again. I will protect my friends! She thought in a determined way, while wiping off the blood on her face and hands with a handkerchief. She caught up with the group and took her place by Naruto’s smiling side.

“Bye the way, Kaminari,” Started Kakashi-sensei. Kaminari looked at her sensei with a now composed look. “What’s ‘Kamisori’?” He asked curiously.

Kaminari smiled as she unhooked her scythe and twirled it a few times. “Kamisori is my scythe’s name!” She looked at her sensei while smiling. “Fitting, isn’t it?” Yes, Kaminari thought. Razor is a very fitting name for a scythe.