TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Thunder and Swirls by Kamisori

[Reviews - 235]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: OMG! Guess who just came back from the dead?! ME!! :D I'm soooo sorry that it took THREE months to finally get this chapter up! I fully understand why the angery mob of protesters are outside of my house holding up pitch-forks and signs that say "UPDATE" on them. ^_^' But I have some semi-good news! My sudden swing out of writer's block has encouraged me to write TWO chapters! Both are going to be posted TODAY! So rejoice my friends! Thunder and Swirls is back in full swing!

I do not own Naruto in any form or way! Has anyone seen the new mangas that have been released in the past months? (think it was like volume 37-45) Wow...that's all I have to say for that.

Read on and enjoy!
It was about an hour of walking before Kaminari took down her hood and turned down the volume of her headphones. Kasumi seemed pleased that her niece did what she did. Everyone else didn’t really seem to care. Or if they did, they covered it well.

Kaminari walked next to Shibi as the two squads continued their way to the mist village. Actually, the gold eyed Hiyori had been walking next to Shibi ever since they left the inn. Kaminari wasn’t sure why, but being around Shibi calmed her. Strange… Thought the electric Hiyori as she glanced at the older Abruame.

Kaminari’s eyes widened as she was suddenly submerged under water. WHAT?! Where’d this water come from?! Kaminari thought, panicking. Trying to swim to the surface, the Hiyori realized that her foot was snared in some aquatic weeds. Let go! Damn it, let go! Thought the teen as she desperately yanked her foot in vain to free it from the plants. Oh, no…almost…out of…air…someone help…me… Kaminari faintly thought as her eyes began to close.

“Kai! Release!”

Kaminari collapsed on the ground choking and gasping for air. It only seconds after opening her eyes, that Kaminari was grabbed around her middle and was pulled away. Three kunai struck the ground where the electric Hiyori’s body was only seconds after being moved.

“Stand up, Kaminari.” Said the one who was holding her. Shibi let Kaminari down, and gathered his insects. It dawned on Kaminari that it was Shibi that saved her, not once, but twice in less then a five minute period. Kaminari’s legs shook as she stood and took in a shaky breath. A genjutsu…it must have been…a genjutsu. Thought Kaminari as she recalled almost drowning.

It took a minute for Kaminari to realized that they were being attacked. It took another moment to realize that only Shikaku, Kasumi, and Shibi were fighting while Shikamaru and Shino were in some sort of daze. They must have been under the genjutsu, too. Kaminari’s quivering hand reached up and grasped Kamisori from her back. Kaminari decided it was a psychological thing when her body stopped shaking like a leaf only seconds after grasping the sickle scythe.

“KAMINARI! MOVE!!” Kasumi screamed as a mist ninja appeared behind the distracted teenage girl. Some divine entity must have had been looking out for her because Kaminari had just enough time to spin on her heel and block a slash of a sword with Kamisori. The mist ninja, who was female, sneered at the young Hiyori as she jumped away from her opponent. Kaminari had enough sense to activate Hiyorime as she watched her opponent jump away. When her foe had landed, Kaminari jumped back to put more distance between herself and the female mist shinobe.

The gold eye girl became aware of the fact that they were on a cliff as she landed by Shikaku and Shibi who were staring down their opponents. The sound of hands smacking together made Kaminari’s head snap in the direction of the sound. There, she saw that same female nin slam her hands on the ground and smirk at Kaminari as she shouted, “Earth Style: Earth Broker’s Glory!”

The ground shook vigorously for a moment. Before Kaminari could blink the earth she was standing on gave way and her body fell swiftly down the cliff. Falling…Shikaku…Shibi…gotta stop falling or die… Where the only thoughts that ran through the Hiyori’s head as she, Shikaku, and Shibi, continued to plummet to the ground below. The thunderbolt pupil spun quickly in Kaminari sudden fear of dieing. I’ve gotta do something! Kaminari thought as she bit her thumb just as her pupil made two full rotations. “SUMMONING JUTSU!”

Shikaku and Shibi only vaguely noticed the cloud of smoke. What their attention was really focused on was the soft and fuzzy being they just crashed into instead of the hard earth. The Abruame and the Nara pushed themselves to their feet and stood with some surprise. A rabbit. They are the back of a…rabbit. Shikaku glanced over the side of the white rabbit and whistled when he saw just how high up they were. This rabbit was huge!

Shibi was more interested with the pair of twin katanas sheathed and crossed in an ‘x’ formation that they almost landed on. Shibi and Shikaku looked up and saw the red eyes of the rabbit looking back at him. “The hell you lookin’ at?” Spoke the irritated rabbit in it’s deep rumble of a voice. Shikaku jumped involuntary. The rabbit scoffed at the two males before rotating it’s eyes to look at the collapsed figure on it’s head. “…you alive up there…?”

“…barley…I-I…think my leg’s broken.” Kaminari croaked, painfully. The rabbit lowered it’s body to the ground so Shibi and Shikaku could get off. Shikaku jumped on the rabbit’s head, grabbed the injured girl, and carefully jumped down. The white rabbit glared at Shikaku for jumping on it’s head without permission, but didn’t say anything.

Shikaku looked over the electric Hiyori’s leg while Shibi had his insects scout the area for any enemies. The giant rabbit watched Shikaku carefully while glaring as he checked over its mistress’s leg. “It’s not broken…” Shikaku said after a while. “But it’s definitely fractured. You’ll need to stay off it for a while. One of us will have to carry you…troublesome.”

The rabbit growled at Shikaku, but stopped as Kaminari waved and smiled at it. “Thanks for saving us, Usagi. You may go now.” The rabbit nodded after a moment before disappearing in a huge cloud of smoke. Shikaku took out some bandages and started to wrap Kaminari’s leg.

Kaminari grimaced as white hot pain pulsed from her leg as it was being bandaged. “It’s impressive that you can summon something that big.” Shibi suddenly said. Slightly distracted from the pain, Kaminari answered, “I must have had the second s-stage of Hiyorime activated. It would ha-have been the only way I summoned something that b-big so easily…” Kaminari said through clenched teeth.

“Done.” Shikaku said as he put away the extra bandages. Shibi squatted down in front of Kaminari, who got the idea and wrapped her arms around his neck. Shibi stood up and carried Kaminari piggy-back style. The strain of using so much chakra at once caught up to Kaminari. Resting her head on Shibi’s shoulder, Kaminari closed her eyes as the faint buzzing sound of insects lulled her to sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kaminari’s eyes cracked open before quickly closing them in pain as light pierced her pupils. The groan from the blue haired girl was met with a masculine chuckle. Kaminari’s open once more and looked at the grinning Shikamaru. Shino shifted from his spot by Shikamaru to her bedside. “You’re awake,” he said.

Kaminari simply nodded in her sleepy stupor. “Well, you better get up. We’ll be leaving for home soon,” said Shikamaru.

“Oh, ok…” Kaminari blinked.

Wait…

“Wait, what?! What about the mission?” The teenage Hiyori said, sitting up in her bed. Shikamaru chuckled again while Shino took it upon himself to answer.

“You’ve been out for five days, Kaminari-san. The mission couldn’t wait for you. Kasumi-sensei said it was because of the sudden release of chakra and the slight strain of your leg that kept you unconscious,” Shino said.

Kaminari flopped back against the bed while palming her forehead. “I missed the mission?!” Kaminari shouted at herself. I don‘t believe it! I was completely useless! This was my chance to show off my stuff to Shino-kun and I completely blew it!

Shino seemed to read her mind. “You weren’t completely useless. If it wasn’t for you, Shikaku and my father would be dead now. You summoning jutsu save them.” The insect master’s words made Kaminari feel only slightly better.

Kaminari sighed in exasperation. I was so useless to the mission that even Shino-kun is taking pity on me.