TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Thunder and Swirls by Kamisori

[Reviews - 235]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Whoohoo! Want to know some pointless facts? This story is over 100 pages on Mircosoft Word and has been read over 6000 times! How cool is that?! :D

I don't own Naruto, but I wish I owned Shino. All OCs except the Kamiya's are mine. Don't forget about the add on to the key change!

Read on!
The three genin rank ninja stared at each other as they waited for someone to tell them to start. Shikaku lazily waved his hand as he opened his mouth. “…go.” Shikaku said. At once, the three genins jumped away from each other. Kaminari squared her eyes in thought. I need to be on the look out for Shino’s insects and Shikamaru’s--

“Shadow Possession Jutsu!”

…shit! Cursed Kaminari as she lost control over her body. What do I do now? …and what the hell?! Thought the blue haired teen as Shikamaru made her put her hands by her head to make, what almost looked like, bunny ears. Kaminari’s eyes were expressionless.

Shikamaru dug in his right kunai pouch, forcing Kaminari to do the same. Wait! He‘s going to grab a kunai so we put it to our necks, taking us both out, and making Shino automatically win! As good of a thought of Kaminari not fighting Shino was, she was a bit of a sore loser.

Kaminari’s pupils changed their usual round shape as Hiyorime was activated. The two genins pulled out a kunai. As the kunai was halfway to her neck, Kaminari forced a small lighting bolt to strike her kunai wielding arm.

Shikamaru cursed as pain flooded his arm. The pain made him drop the kunai, and the jutsu. The electric Hiyori jumped into the trees. Kaminari glared at the spot of burnt flesh on her arm. Suddenly, Kaminari was swarmed with insects. The sudden weight made the teenage girl fall out of the tree.

Damn it! Why are the both attacking ME?! Angrily thought Kaminari. Thunder bolt pupils quickly spun around. “Hiyorime! First Rotation, Hiyori Shield!” Kaminari shouted as a shield of electric emerged from her body, zapping all insects on her body into paralysis. Kaminari wildly rubbed her hands through her hair to get the paralyzed bugs out. Two dozen insects fell out of her hair.

Shino, who had used Shikamaru period of weakness to attack, kicked the Nara boy away and dashed at Kaminari with kunai in hand. The gold eyed teen quickly takes Kamisori off her back to block Shino’s kunai. Shino took out another kunai to have a weapon in each hand. Kaminari was forced to use both the blade, and the handle, of Kamisori to block both kunai.

Insects swarmed the electric Hiyori’s feet. Kaminari sent a surge of electricity down to her legs as she blocked Shino’s kunai. The insects fell to the ground as they were zapped. …Shino-kun will never date me after this… Mentally cried Kaminari as she raised her right foot and slammed it into Shino chest. He flew a few feet back before catching himself. By the time he caught himself, Kaminari was a good distance away.

Kaminari continued to back up until she did something that put a sinking feeling in her stomach. She stepped on a trap wire. Dozens of kunai and shuriken raced at Kaminari from all directions. Kaminari didn’t have to much time to think as she put her hands into the seal of the hare, then quickly switched to the seal of the snake. “Ninja Art: Kamisori Slash Dance Jutsu!”

At lighting speed, Kaminari began to twirl in a circle while slashing Kamisori at the many sharp projectiles that were coming her way. The sound of metal clashing against metal filled the air as random kunai and shuriken where deflected away from Kaminari. When the blue haired girl stopped spinning, she was facing Shikamaru and Shino with Kamisori being held defensively.

Shikamaru stood with his mouth agape. Kaminari’s eyes widen as she saw Shino suddenly appear behind Shikamaru with a kunai to his throat. Shikamaru lost and went to go sit down by the Jonin that watched intently. Shino faced Kaminari to see the grimace on the girl’s face. Dumb, stupid, demented me! I should have let Shikamaru take both of us out! But no! I had to let my pride get in the way and now look! I have to fight Shino one on one now! Thought Kaminari as she mentally kicked herself.

“…Kaminari,” Shino suddenly spoke. A light dusting of pink filled Kaminari’s cheeks as she gave the Abruame her full attention. “we of the Abruame do not mock our opponents. We face them with full strength. In return, all we ask is for them to do the same.”

Kaminari blinked in surprise. …oh, I get it now. He must think I don’t want to fight him, and I don’t. But he will think I’m insulting him if I don’t give it my all. Alright then Shino-kun, Kaminari shifted her position as she twirled her scythe. if this is what you want, then I won’t deny you. Not like I could anyway. Kaminari stopped twirling Kamisori and pointed it at Shino. “Let’s do this.” Kaminari said, disappearing.

Kaminari reappeared behind Shino and started to run around the insect user at her top speed. The blurred form of Kaminari suddenly shot out from Shino’s left and slashed at the Abruame. Kaminari’s eyes widened as, “Shino,” turned into a log. Insects suddenly flew at Kaminari, but before they could get to her, Kaminari disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

Kaminari could see Shino looking around from her spot in a tree. Gripping Kamisori, Kaminari disappeared, only to reappear behind Shino with the blade of her scythe on his neck. “Sorry, but it looks like I win.” Kaminari said. The gold eyes of the Hiyori girl widened as Shino turned into a pile of insects.

A shiver ran down her spine as Kaminari felt cold metal pressed against her throat. “No, I win.” Shino’s voice smoothly rang out behind her. Another shiver went down her spine as Kaminari recognized an emotion in the Abruame’s voice. Amusement.

Kaminari dropped the blade of her scythe in surrender. Shino removed his kunai shortly after. Kasumi walked up to the pair of genins with the rest of the team behind her. “See,” started Kasumi, “wasn’t that educational?”

“Oh, yes!” Kaminari said. Sarcasm was very noticeable in her voice. “I always wanted to know how a kunai to my throat felt!” Kasumi ignored the sarcastic comment and looked at the burn on her niece’s arm. The water bender gently grabbed her niece’s arm and looked at the cracked and bleeding skin. Green chakra covered Kasumi’s hand as she placed it on the burn.

“You’re reckless, Kaminari.” Said Kasumi as the wound began to close. Kaminari rolled her eyes.

“Tell me something I don’t know.” Said Kaminari. Kasumi grinned mischievously as she finished healing the burn.

“I put a hidden camera in your bedroom when you were sleeping!” Kasumi said, smiling. The Abruame’s and Nara’s sweat dropped at that little proclamation.

“…again, tell me something I don’t know.” Sighed Kaminari. The Nara’s face-faulted while the Abruame’s gained bigger sweat drops.

“We should get going.” Shikaku said, once he recovered. The group agreed and took to the trees.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kaminari sighed as she soaked in the steaming water of the hot springs. Team Shikaku and Pseudosquad decided to spend the night in an Inn that happened to have a hot springs. There was only one thing that made it a bit awkward. Kaminari open her eyes to look at her two teammates. It was a mixed bathing type of hot spring.

Shikamaru looked relaxed enough, and Shino did too. Kaminari chuckled to herself as she saw Shino’s steamed sunglasses. He really DID wear them everywhere. The teenage Hiyori yawned as she reached for her towel and wrapped it around her body while she was still in the water. She much rather have a soaking wet towel then have the two boys see her uncovered body.

“You getting out?” Shikamaru asked, cracking an eye open. Kaminari nodded.

“Yeah, I better before I fall asleep in the water.” Kaminari said as she stepped out of the water and slowly walked into the girl’s locker room. Kaminari exchanged her wet towel for a dry one to dry off with. After she was dry, Kaminari put on a dark green tank top and a pair of jean shorts. Slipping on her sandals, she exited the locker room and into the game room.

“Hey, you!” A male voice suddenly rang out. Kaminari turned to see a guy around her age. Wow, he‘s kind of cute. Thought the Hiyori as the guy smirked at her waved his hand at the air hockey table. “Want to play?”