TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Thunder and Swirls by Kamisori

[Reviews - 235]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Yay! Update! I'm actually updating this before I go and play for pep band. I wouldn't reccomend the French Horn to anyone. xD But when played correctly, they do sound nice.

I do not own Naruto in any form or way.

-->KEY CHANGE!!!
It didn’t feel right to Kaminari as she wished her team good luck and watched them leave for their mission. She should be with them! Looking at the Hokage with aggravated eyes, she watched the old blond sigh. “Don’t look at me like that.” Tsunade said, resting her chin on her hands. “If it wasn’t for you being requested that you go on a different mission, you’d be right there with them.”

Kaminari interest spiked with that one sentenced. “Me? Requested? By who?” Inquired the gold eyed girl. Tsunade smirked at the suddenly interested girl.

“Wait till your teammates for this mission arrive. I will tell everything then.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kaminari could not believe who she was standing by. These where her teammates?! “Kaminari-chan! I see the Hokage listened to my request!” Kasumi said as she ruffled her niece’s hair. The electric Hiyori put a hand on her head to smooth the now messy blue strands.

Kaminari glanced at her five teammates for this mission. Kasumi Hiyori, Shikaku Nara, Shikamaru Nara, Shibi Abruame, and…Shino Abruame. Kaminari felt warmth in her face as she looked at the younger insect user. She looked back at the Hokage before Shino could notice her staring. I’m loving this mission so far! Kaminari mentally squealed.

Tsunade called off the names of the six ninja in front of her. “Your mission is to travel to the land of water and protect the Mizukage’s son at his fifteenth birthday ball. This is a B rank mission, but could easily escalate into an A rank, if you guys are attacked. There’s a seventy-three percent change that you will be.” Tsunade said expressionlessly.

“Those are high odds…” Shibi said in a monotone. Shikaku sighed and muttered something under his breath.

“Can’t the mist ninja’s protect their own Mizukage’s son? And why are there two squads when one could complete this mission?” Shikamaru asked, looking at the village leader.

“With the rate of mist ninjas attacking their own lords and leaders on the rise, the Mizukage thought it would be best to have our ninjas do it. It’s a precaution. The Mizukage requested two squads of Jonin to guard his son, but as you all know, six Jonin to one mission is too much. Our village, in it’s current state, can’t risk three Jonin. So that’s why you, Shikamaru Nara, Shino Abruame, and Kaminari Hiyori, are going on this mission.” The three genin nodded at the Hokage’s explanation.

The Hokage looked like she was thinking hard as she looked at the six ninja. “Two squads...” Tsunade trailed off. “Shikaku Nara, you will be the leader of squad, “Shikaku,” consisting of Shibi Abruame and Kasumi Hiyori.” Tsunade then looked at the group of genin. “Shikamaru Nara will be leader of squad, “Pseudosquad.”” Tsunade said, nodded to herself.

Kaminari’s eyebrow shot straight up at her squad’s name. “Pseudosquad?” Asked the Hiyori to no one in particular.

“Pseudo as in, “fake.”” Explained Shikamaru. “Makes sense, we’re posing as a squad of fake Jonin.” Kaminari didn’t seem to pleased at the explanation.

“But why do we get stuck with the ugly name?” Complained the gold eyed Hiyori. Tsunade’s brow twitched in aggravation.

“Think you could come up with a better name?” Shikamaru stated, more than asked. Kaminari nodded in a, “yes,” motion.

“I think ANY name would be better than, “So-do-squad.” Kaminari said with distaste. ““Shika-Shi-Nari,” sounds much better.” Said the blue haired girl while nodding. Shikamaru and Shino nodded in agreement. Tsunade was twitching furiously.

“Stop complaining and leave already!” Shouted the female Hokage.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The Abruame duo and Hiyori duo stood by the village gate waiting for the two Nara male to show up. Kaminari had her black and blue birthday headphones around her neck. She was turning a dial on the side of them to find a good song to listen to. Kasumi had taken to cutting her thumb with a kunai and healing with her chakra. She must have taken emo pills today or something.

“Gah! Where are those two! They were suppose to be here ten minutes ago!” Kasumi shout, finally getting bored of cutting her thumb. Ten minutes? That’s nothing compared to how long my team waits for Kakashi. Kaminari thought absentmindedly as she continued to sift through her songs.

There was a poof of smoke and the Nara boys where standing in front of their four teammates. “Where were you two! You’re late!” Kasumi shouted at the two boys. Shikaku sighed as he rubbed the back of his head.

“How troublesome, the wife didn’t want to stop talking.” Shikaku said as he and Shikamaru walked forward. Kasumi decided against verbally lashing out at the Nara’s and settled for sighing instead.

“Let’s just go.” The water bender said, exiting from the village with the rest of the team behind her. Kaminari smiled as Harder to Breath by Maroon 5 blasted through the headphone’s speakers.

~When it gets cold outside,
And I got nobody to love.~


Kasumi shot her niece a look that made the teenage Hiyori turn the volume dial down on her headphones quite quickly. Jumping up and into the trees, squads ‘Shikaku’ and ‘Pseudosquad’ took off.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was a few hours later when the group of six decided to take a break. Kaminari was still listening to her music as she sat in-between Shikamaru and Shino. The Jonin’s were discussing something amongst themselves. “What do you think their talking about?” Kaminari asked in hopes of starting a conversation.

“Who cares? It’s probably something troublesome.” Shikamaru replied as he looked back up to the clouds. The electric Hiyori wrinkled her nose slightly at the lack of communication. The lazy boy sighed at the silence. “Why do you ask?” Inquired the Nara boy. Shino tilted his head in Kaminari’s direction.

“Well,” started the female teen as she rested her head on her hand, “my aunt seems to be excited about whatever she’s talking about. That usually means one of two things. One, she’s talking about something medical. Or two, something that will give us hell.” Kaminari said, casually. Shino and Shikamaru stared at the electric Hiyori.

“Something that will give us hell?” Quoted Shino as he stared at the blue haired girl. Kaminari blushed at Shino’s voice. I just love the sound of his deep voice! Internally squealed, Kaminari. Exiting out of her fan girl moment, Kaminari nodded.

“Yup, hell.” Said the teen, leaning back against a tree. At that moment, the three Jonin rank ninja walked up to the younger members of their clans. Kasumi had a look that told Kaminari that it was, indeed, the second one that the Jonins where talking about.

“Alrighty then, genins!” Kasumi said, placing a hand on her hip. “You three are going to fight each other.” Each genin held a very blank face to this announcement. I so called it. Kaminari thought with a black look. Shikaku sighed as he glanced at Kasumi.

“Troublesome.” Stated the older Nara clan member. Looking at the unresponsive genin, he decided to explain further. “You’re going to spar with each other so you’ll get a better feel of your comrades techniques.”

“But we already have a good idea of what each other’s moves are. We demonstrated them in the Chunin Exam.” Kaminari said, making the other two genins nod in agreement.

“That’s true,” started Kasumi again, “but you’ve all learned some new techniques in the past month or so. Shino got a month to train but never got a chance to flaunt any new moves he learned during the month before the third round, and I know you have some new moves that they haven’t seen, Kaminari.” Kaminari felt her face heat up in embarrassment. Kasumi grinned, “Remember, always assume your opponent has a trump card.”

“…I don’t think we have enough time for a spar…” Shino suddenly said.

“We’re suppose to be there in three days. If we continue at our current pace, we’ll be there in two. We have time.” Shibi spoke with the same tone as his son. Something dawned on Kaminari at that moment.

Whoa, wait! You mean I’ve got to fight Shino?! Why do I have to fight the one I like?!