TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Thunder and Swirls by Kamisori

[Reviews - 235]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: lol people are starting to guess what I'm going to write next! And are right! ^o^ But this chapter changes it all! If you think you know Kaminari Hiyori, or her past, think again! The mystery of the death of Kaminari's parents, revealed!

I am not blessed with the ownership of Naruto. Sorry fans, it doesn't work that way! xP I do own my OCs and ideas!

KEY:
*Hello* = Telepathy
"Hello" = Talking
Hello = Thoughts (mostly)
~*~*~ = Scene Change

Read on!
“Now for why I summoned you three here,” The Hokage started as he looked at Kaminari, Jessica, and Shimo. “as you all should know, the Chunin Exams are tomorrow. In the past, we have had only teams of three enter these exams, but this year, there was a problem.”

“A problem?” Questioned Jessica. “What kind of problem?” The Hokage slowly blew out some smoke from his mouth. Great we have a high Hokage. Wonderful. Sarcastically thought Kaminari.

“Simply put, too many genin graduated this year and are taking the Chunin Exams. Two genin where on squads of four, and one genin didn’t have a squad at all, but was still made a genin.” Calmly stated the Hokage. “And after a meeting with the Kage of the Cloud village, it was decided, that the three strays would form a temporary squad of genin for the Chunin Exams.”

The five genin stood in a stunned silence. “What?!" Shouted Naruto. “You mean Kaminari isn’t going to take the exams with us, but with Jessica-san and the brown haired ass over there?!” Shouted an upset Naruto while pointing at Shimo. I was right. Thought Kaminari. Our Hokage is high

Shimo glared coldly at the orange clad genin. “Watch your tongue, brat. Or I’ll rip it out of your mouth.” Snarled the fourteen year old Hiyori. Naruto silently gulped. Kaminari turned a glare on Shimo.

“Don’t threaten Naruto, you ass” Growled Kaminari. A glaring contest between Shimo and Kaminari soon began. The Hokage sweat dropped at the angry scene in front of him. Maybe this wasn’t a wise decision putting those two on a team… Thought the Hokage.

“Squad 9!” The Hokage suddenly barked out catching everyone’s attention. “That is your squad name.” Continued the Hokage. The Hokage grabbed three papers that were on his desk. “Squad 9, consisting of, Kaminari Hiyori, Jessica Kamiya, and Shimo Hiyori, you’ve been recommend by your Jonin leader to enter the Chunin Exams. Please step forward to receive your application forum.”

Every member of the newly formed Squad 9 grabbed an application and glanced over it. Kaminari was the one who asked the question that needed an answer. “Who’s are Jonin leader?” Asked Kaminari. The rest of the genin looked at a smirking Hokage.

“You may come in now and meet your new squad!” The Hokage said. The office door opened to reveal…a smirking female who had blue hair, violet eyes, and a Jonin uniform with the zipper of the vest undone to reveal a dark blue tank top. In other words…

“Aunt Kasumi?! You’re our Jonin leader?!” Shouted Kaminari in shock. Naruto grinned at Kasumi, while Sasuke glared. He had not forgotten that little phone call back in the academy. Jessica beamed at her friend’s aunt as Shimo sent a small glare at Kasumi.

“That’s right, kid! I’m the unofficial genin squad leader, of the unofficial genin squad, squad nine!” Kasumi said smiling brightly. Sakura sweat dropped. Cha! What a tongue twister! I wish our sensei was as cool as that! Cha! Inner Sakura complained. Kasumi looked at the Hokage, who nodded his head at the female Jonin.

“Alright then,” Started Kasumi again. “Squad nine, you are to be at the Ninja Academy, in room 301, before three p.m., tomorrow, with your application forum filled out. There, you will turn in your forums and take the first exam. Is that clear?” The temporary squad nodded in understanding. “Good. Squad nine, dismissed.” Kasumi said before disappearing in a puff of smoke.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kaminari sat on her bed as she tugged on her black leather fingerless gloves. She was wearing her usual ninja outfit. Kaminari picked up Kamisori and turned it so she was looking at the bottom of the handle. Engraved there, was Kamisori and under the scythe’s name was another name, Riyu. Daddy… Kaminari thought sadly as she traced over the name with her fingers. I’ll make you proud.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Flash Back*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


“Aunt Kasumi? Who is Shimo Hiyori?” Kaminari asked while her aunt was washing dishes. The dish that Kasumi had been washing almost slipped out of the Jonin’s hands. Kasumi sighed as she set the dish back in the sink and dried her hands on a towel. She sat at the kitchen table and motioned for Kaminari to do the same.

“Shimo Hiyori.” Kasumi started. “The brown haired, blue eyed kid on your squad, right?” Kasumi looked at Kaminari who nodded. “Kaminari, have I ever told you how your parents died?” Kaminari blinked as she nodded.

“Yeah, they were murdered, right?” Kaminari said uncertain. Kasumi nodded in agreement. “What’s this got to do with Shimo?” Asked Kaminari, unsure where this was going.

“Everything.” Said Kasumi.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*End Flash Back*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


“Kaminari, hurry up! Or we’re going to be late!” Kasumi shouted from down stairs. Kaminari hopped off her bed and attached Kamisori to the strap on her back before slinging her shoulder bag over her right shoulder.

“Coming!” Kaminari shouted as she dashed down the stairs. She grabbed her application forum off the kitchen table and took off with Kasumi to the Ninja Academy. Ready or not, Chunin Exams; here comes Kaminari Hiyori! Kaminari thought with a small smirk on her face.

Arriving at the Ninja Academy, Kaminari saw Jessica and Shimo already there, waiting. “Well, it’s about time, you got here!” Jessica said as she saw her friend. “I thought you were going to bail out on us for a while there!”

“Oh, yes!” Kaminari joked. “You’re such bad company that I was going to leave you here to fend for yourself!” Laughed Kaminari. Jessica soon joined in laughing as well, while Shimo just scoffed and glared at the female duo. Kaminari stopped laughing and glared right back at the fellow Hiyori. It should be me who’s angry. Kaminari thought increasing her glare.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Flash Back*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


“Everything? What do you mean?” Asked Kaminari thoroughly confused. Kasumi sighed as she rubbed the base of her skull as she gathered her thoughts.

“I guess I should tell you the whole story then, huh?” Kasumi saw the look that Kaminari was giving her and quickly added, “Keep in mind that the whole story would have been to much for an unstable six year old mind to understand. I should know, I’m a medical ninja.”

Kaminari nodded at Kasumi’s logic. “Ok.” Kasumi sighed once more before starting.

“As you know, the Hiyori clan doesn’t believe in arranged marriages, and usually don’t care about who you marry, but they strongly disapproved of Riyu, your father. The reason behind this was that the head of the clan’s son, Mushi, an earth element Hiyori, was in love with Suzume, your mother. He falsely told his father that Riyu was abusing Suzume and to not let him be part of the clan, in hopes that it would drive Riyu away.” Said Kasumi. Kaminari nodded and waited for Kasumi to continue.

“Angry that most of our clan didn’t approve of the man she loved, your mother, in a fit of rage, moved to Konoha with me and your father, where she had a friend she met two years earlier.” Continued Kasumi. Kaminari blinked.

“A friend? You mean Chizu Kamiya, Jessica’s mom, right?” Asked Kaminari. Kasumi nodded.

“Yup, now back to the story. Seven years later since we moved to Konoha and the old head of the Hiyori clan had died. Mushi’s brother, Samui, an ice element Hiyori, had become the new head of the clan. Around this time, Mushi had found out that we were in Konoha and was outraged that your mother had married Riyu and had a child, you, Kaminari. Mushi got his brother’s permission to come to Konoha and sought your mother out. After finding out where she lived, Mushi broke into our house and killed Riyu, who was there at the time. Suzume had walked in just as Mushi killed Riyu and in a fit of rage attacked Mushi. I also was there at that time and your mother had told me to go make sure that you would stay safe. I only half listened to your mother. I made a water clone to go protect you while the real me when to the Hokage’s office and got help. When a bunch of ANBU, the Hokage, and I returned to our house…it was too late. Suzume was dead and Mushi was gone.” Kasumi said with tears in her eyes.

“A-auntie? What does this have to do with Shimo?” Kaminari said trying to hold back tears. Kasumi looked her niece in the eyes.

“When the Hokage sent word to Samui stated what Mushi had done, Samui immediately ordered his brother’s capture. Mushi was captured two weeks later and sentenced to death. I’d think that Shimo would blame Samui and not you, but…”

“Kasumi? For what does he blame me? What does this have to do with Shimo?!” Kaminari shouted with tears still in her eyes.

“He blames you for his father’s death. Shimo Hiyori is the son of Mushi Hiyori.”


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*End Flash Back*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Kasumi broke up the little glare contest between Kaminari and Shimo before giving Squad Nine a little push towards the Ninja Academy. “Good luck on your Chunin Exams!” Kasumi shouted before disappearing in a puff of smoke.