TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Naruto Kodomo: The Next Generation by Rourik

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: I know, this is probably not the first Naruto fan fic you would want to read, but at least give this a try. You might even find that you like it a lot.

This is essentially the next generation in Naruto. I know, your probably thinking something along the lines of, "Oh, god, not another one," but trust me. This might actually turn out to be a good story.

As you've probably guessed by now, there will be plenty of OC's, but I'm trying my best to make them as diverse and flawed as I can think. I'm not a fan of Mary Sue either.

So, if you wish to continue, read on, and enjoy the story as it goes along. Oh, and as an added afterthought, don't forget to speak your mind.
Nova-sensei, a bald, muscular, and slightly short man, paced slolwy in front of a class filled with students all about the age of eleven or twelve. Nova-sensei’s hands were clasped together behind his back and is head was down. Every now and then he would look up briefly at the clock just above the entrance to the class room. He would then mutter something incomprehensible, most likely a swear word or something of the like.

The students dared not whisper to their neighbor in fear of Nova-sensei’s outburst if they did. They dared not even move. It was obvious to every single one of them that Nova-sensei was in an impatient mood.

Minutes passed in complete silence while Nova-sensei continued his pacing. It was what he did when he needed to cool down from something that angered, frustrated, or just plain annoyed him. And right now, he was nerly on the verge of frustration. His face was red and the glimmer of a bead of sweat could be seen on his temple. His muscles were bulging just a bit, but nevertheless.

The clock ticked to three o’clock and Nova-sensei stopped his pacing to look at the class. He turned front at attention abruptly and everyone at their seats snpped to their feet, right hand in a salute. Nova-sensei saluted back and returned his arm to his side. “At ease, everyone,” he said in a smooth voice, trying to keep his frustrated side to a minimum at the moment.

The students relaxed their positions, but not their gaze. They knew better than that.

“Congragulations, class,” said Nova-sensei. “Tomorrow you take your Genin Exam. I wish you luck, because some of you will need it.”

Silence fell, but Nova-sensei sensed the anticipation coming from his students. He knew they wanted to leave class more than anything. Nothing happened for a minute or so until Nova-sensei saluted his class and said, “Dismissed.”

Quickly and without a word, the class filed out to the hallway, then to the small field outside the Academy. The sun was shining brightly from the relatively clear sky and a few students sighed with relief as the light hit their faces, warming them. Everyone thn split up into their own groups—some with a friend or two, some of them off on their own.

One pair consisted of a girl: Yaitora Hyuuga. Her father was the Sixth Hokaga and her mother was the captain of the Anbu. So, either by lineage, pure talent, or both, she was very gifted. Her hair was in a ponytail yet some strings of it fell on her face. She was pretty, but she didn’t want anyone to call her that. Her sweatshirt was gray with a white hood and shoulders.

Her friend was a boy with silver hair. His eyes were ice blue, but were not cold, and sharp looking. They were more playful looking, eager to get into something. His gray robe was tied at the waist and the sleeves were rolled up past his elbows. He, too, was a talented student: a Shinzui, and everyone who knew his cousin expected mush from this new Shinzui. His name was Doragon.

The two of them walked their own way through Konoha, which ended in a stop at Ichiraku, the ramen shop. Grinning, Doragon took a seat and immediately ordered something. Yaitora, however, took a while. Her mind was on another matter.

After a few minutes, Doragon got a bowl, placed it in front of him, took a pair of chopsticks, and exclaimed, “Itadakimasu!” Just before he dove in, however, he stoped to look at Yaitora, still silent and without food. “What’s wrong, Yaitora?” asked Doragon, concerned. “Usually you get ramen immediately. What’s up?”

Yaitora shook herhead and looked at Doragon. “It’s nothing, don’t worry about it.” Then, talking to the Ichiraku owner, she said, “Can I get the usual?”

The old man smiled at her. “Just like your father,” he said. “I knew you couldn’t resist, so I made you one anyway.” The old man handed her a bowl. “Here you go.”

Yaitora took it and took her turn to say, “Itadakimasu…” Instead of eating it, however, she merely played with it, pushing the noodles, shicken, and soup around. Beside her, Doragon was scarfing down his like it was his last meal, then accepted another bowl. Yaitora still hadn’t eaten anything by the time Doragon got halfway through his third bowl.

A piece of chicken was hanging from his outh as he looked over to her. Doragon slowly finished chewing the chicken, then said, “Something’s obviously bothering you. Tell me.”

Yaitora rested her chopsticks on the top of her bowl and looked at Doragon. She said only one thing. “Nova-sensei.”

“What about him?” said Doragon, finishing his third bowl and accepting a fourth. “No one really like him. What are you so worried about?”

“I think he’s going to miss us,” Yaitora murmured, looking back at the bowl of ramen in front of her.

Doragon scoffed at that. “Miss us? Yeah, right. He hated our class. He was rotten and made everything unfair.”

Yaitora closed her eyes and shook her head. “He may hate us, but he’s the reason our class is still together…” Yaitora looked back at Doragon. “He made our class.” Yaitora pulled out some money, counted out the cost of five bowls, and put it on the counter as Doragon finished his fourth bowl. “Let’s go,” said Yaitora matter-of-factly.

Doragon left relunctantly with Yaitora. “Are you saying you actually liked him as our sensei?”

“I didn’t say that. Just drop it, okay?” Yaitora walked with Doragon through Konoha, stopping once at the library and once again before the six Hokage faces engraved onto the cliff overlooking Konoha. Nearing the end of the day, the two of them parted to head their separate ways home. Yaitora walked towards the Hyuuga Palace, looking left and right occasionally to see shops she had known all her life.

Yaitora was bored. She wanted to go outside the village, see the outside world at its best. She was tired of the same old shopsand townsfolk every single day. She got home, stepped in, and took her sandals off at the first moment of entry. “I’m home!” exclaimed Yaitora as she walked upstairs. She didn’t receive an answer but she didn’t expect one in the first place.

Yaitora walked to the door of her room and opened it to be greeted by nothing. She sighed and laid her backpack next to the mat on the floor. Falling to her knees, she closed her eyes and continued falling so she lay on her stomach.

Yaitora hadn’t even bothered to close her door, and she fell asleep silently.





“Yaitora, you home, yet?” A boy about Yaitora’s age had come into the Hyuuga Palace. He had rather long black hair with a headband gleaming on his forehead. His white eyes gave him the look of a natural born Hyuuga. His shirt was white with a thick collar and his eyebrows were in a slight inward slant.

“Yaitora, you home?” No one answered. “Fine, ignore me,” he said quietly, rolling his eyes. “I bet she’s in her room.” He took off his sandals and climbed upstairs to his own room so he could drop off his backpack and weapons. He then went immediately to Yaitora’s room. The door was wide open and he saw Yaitora’s sleeping form splayed out on her stomach. Her breathing was slow and deep, but silent.

The Hyuuga in her doorway rapped hard on the frame saying, “Yaitora, up!” Yaitora’s eyes snapped open and she turned onto her back to see the intruder. Her eyebrows frowned to see who it was. All the boy did was smirk at her. “Have a nice nap?” he asked sarcastically, leaning against the side of the frame.

“Actually,” Yaitora began, “it was quite peaceful. I would’ve liked it to not be interrupted.” Yaitora sat up, looking scornfully at her cousin. “What are you doing here, Aisu?”

Aisu scoffed and clicked his tongue twice, just to see his cousin flinch in annoyance. “I live here, idiot,” he said, spreading his arms out wide. Aisu pointed at Yaitora. “What about you? Your exam is tomorrow, isn’t it? You’ve got to train so you don’t fail.” Aisu grinned a bit maliciously. “Not that it would matter, but you don’t want to embarrass yourself in class to badly, do you?” Aisu closed his eyes, his evil grin still on his pale face. A minute passed and Aisu opened his eyes to see how his remark had hit his cousin. He was rather disappointed to see her with the same expression as before.

Yaitora returned his glance with her own. “At least I don’t have someone in my class who kicks the crap out of me everyday.” Yaitora let this sink in. She watched as Aisu’s expression changed from his own amusement a second before to astonishment, to frustration, and finally to outrage. His fingers twitched slightly and in his face was a look of absolute hatred. Yaitora did not smile like her cousin had only a minute before. She remained scornful.

Aisu turned in the doorway, but before he left he said to Yaitora over his shoulder, “You’re lucky you’re in the main family. If you were in my branch you’d be dead before you knew what hit you.” He then strode in the direction of his room. A short moment later Yaitora heard her cousin’s door slam shut.

Yaitora fell backwards, her white eyes pointed towards the ceiling and she sighed. “He comes in here everyday just to annoy and anger me. Every time he fails and ends up getting frustrated himself.” She rolled onto her side yawning and closed her eyes. “Oh, well. It’s his problem for being such and idiot.”

And for the second time this evening, Yaitora fell asleep.
Chapter end notes: I hope you enjoy the first chapter and hope you like the ones to come even more.