TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Unrequited Love by atenademon

[Reviews - 2]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: "speaking"
"italics" words said in a flashback

I know there are sunflowers in the picture but I didn't have one to match with what I wanted *cries*

This is for you! ^^

Disclaimer: I probably haven't said it lately, and you probably figured it out already.... *gasp* you didn't? Oh my.... well there you have it. I do not own Naruto as much as I wanted! if I would, Sasuke would have banged Naruto in every episode and vice versa heh.... fan girl dreams O.O Anyway, enjoy reading!


XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX
Almost night, only a few rays from the sun could be seen between the leaves of an oak which was lying there peacefully. Birds were singing happily from their hidden places, the distant roar of the river sung its mysterious melody. And still... there was something floating in the air. The chill of the late winter was still there but the spring could still be felt and... of course, celebrated because of the fair.

It was a magical sundown. The sweet shudder of the twilight was spreading over the village which at first seemed inert. His lips departed a little as air escaped them in the form of a sigh. The hazes rose up towards the sky, higher by higher. Music reached to his senses and cheerful voices wishing good happenings also got to his ears. Probably everyone was gathered there, but only he was sitting on the rear. The noises were so far away but still so near. As if he was right there with them.

Naruto took a sit on the green wet grass and chills traced him spontaneously. He leaned on his back and stared at the sky. It was about to get dark soon. But he couldn't care. It was already darkness inside him. It devoured him leaving him into nothing. The stars started to appear on the sky like small white points of light, the only light he could see.

A small explosion made itself heard and he only turned his head by a little. Flickers enlightened the sky, they got sewed with the stars and reflected in his teary blue eyes. Seeing them, he just snapped. The tears started to fall down his cheeks, the blonde hair flipping because of the breeze as he could only cry. Deceit surrounded him more and he left himself prey to it. It hurt, he was sure of that.

"Sasuke... you liar!" those were the single words which escaped his mouth.

***
Crowded streets, people dressed for the ocasion and only laughter was before him. But nontheless he walked nonchalantly, hands digged deeply in his pockets and his shoulders slowly leaned forward. Sasuke ignored the persons around him. All the girls tried getting him to stay with them at the feast or to stop him at least but he just kept walking. He wasn't in no condition of stopping and talking, the dark aura of anger and rage around him showed that.

He hated everything at that moment. But more... he hated himself for all of this. Slowly passing by the decorated buildings and crossing a few streets he reached finally at one's place. He rose his gaze and stared at the small house, nothing written on his face. Not relief, not stunning. He knew what he had to do, there was nothing that could stop him from what he was planning. The lights were on meaning that the person was still home, he sighed to himself and walked towards the gate with slow but determined movements.

Sakura was staring in the mirror preparing herself for the feast. Even if she should have had an expression of happiness, she didn't have one. Staring at her own image, she couldn't recognize herself. The colour disappeared from her face, her jade eyes weren't that intense as before. She was that empty shell before her. Letting a small sigh she took the brush and continued with her make-up.



"Sakura you won't believe the latest gossip!" Ino said excitedly, her aqua eyes searching for the curiosity of the pink-haired.




Sakura put the brush down and leaned forward to search for any imperfection. Moving her head to sides and up and down she corrected the small lines of mistakes with a white napkin.



"What gossip?"




The medic nin straightened and rose the small perfume bottle. She didn't even pressed the top of it that the smell of cherries already reached her nostrils. That was right... it was the celebration of the sakura trees which were in full bloom. Sprinkling herself with it, she gave one last look and turned around. The sweet smell filling the dark room which already seemed quite empty.



"Prepare yourself: Sasuke-kun and Naruto are together! People saw that they got too close lately and they even witnessed their kissing! Can you believe it?"




For unknown reasons, she stopped, not being able to make even a small step. Leaning her head down, she felt how tears gathered in her eyes. How could she celebrate when in her heart was only confusion and sadness? She just couldn't, it was too much for her to pretend that she was happy when actually she just would wish to go away from everyone's sights and cry her heart out.

Sakura couldn't explain herself what was the meaning of this. The boy of her dreams, the love of her life turned out to be a... she hiccuped not being able to continue her thought. It was against nature, why someone as perfect as the last Uchiha member would turn out to be someone who would like men and not women with which he would carry on the name to his offsprings?

The girl sighed and wiping the tears which escaped her eyes, she adjusted her kimono and walked towards the bed where her sandals were. When she was about to slip a foot in one of them, something caught her attention.

Her heart skipped beats as she realized that there was someone inside the house with her. Not only in the house but in the room too. Throwing her scared thoughts away, she frowned and somehow she concentrated a bit of her chakra in her fists. The thief sure picked a wrong house and definetely a wrong woman to mess with. She looked at the window and noticed that the figure was right behind her. Sakura smiled to herself, the thief was indeed stupid.

Swaying her body around, the kimono rising up because of the sudden movement, Sakura turned around fast but not before forcing her fist forward. She smiled as she knew that she wouldn't miss the occasion but something unexpected did occur. Her fist hit only air.

Retrieving her fist, Sakura blinked twice at the odd happening. She stared in front of her confused, didn't she see the person a few seconds ago? How could that man disappear, and moreover.... how could he dodge that fist? Sakura sighed. She probably imagined the whole thing, it's not like a thief would try to rob her house. The pink haired was known in the village very well, no one would pick up a fight with her.

Straightening and relaxing her chakra from the fist, Sakura adjusted her kimono and turned around to put the sandals and go to the celebration. She barely turned fully that a face entered her view. A yell filled the whole room as Sakura stared with shock at the person in front of her. She made a few steps backwards and stumbled upon her long dress only to cause her fall.

She closed her eyes waiting for the contact but it never came. Instead a cold hand wrapped around her waist preventing her from falling and hitting the ground. Slowly, she opened her eyes and peeked at the person which was holding her not believing what was happening. Her eyes met red with three black dots around the iris and she felt terrified. But slowly, those eyes darted off to a deep black and Sakura felt already relieved.

"Sa-Sasuke-kun..." she said, a small smile on her face while a blush already spread across her cheeks.

The said man, blinked twice, like waking up from a trance and pulled her on her two feet. The cold hand left her waist and Sakura felt already broken. The man of her dreams, the one she loved for many years was in front of her and also... never once before has he been that close to her, never at least once had he touched her. They stared at each other, Sakura's eyes never leaving the other one's face, she tried desperately to memorize, to absorb the fact that indeed, the raven was with her at that moment. The place which his hand touched, burnt and made her feel a little uneasy, it just made her gasp for air in each passing second.

Sasuke, stared at her blankly, maybe he could do this after all, maybe he could take his plan to the end, even if he would hate himself for everything. Slowly, and with hesitation in each step, he started to walk closer to her. Sakura watched surprised the whole thing, what was wrong?

"Sasuke-kun, what is going-" she couldn't continue as a finger brushed against her lips. She gulped as she realized that Sasuke was very close to her at that moment, his breath hitting her face and she started to tremble because of not knowing what would happen.

"Hn. Just let me have you." He said those words harshly and without a care but Sakura was already lost after hearing them. She leaned her head down, tears of happiness almost staring to fall. How much she wished that those words would escape his mouth for her. For how many years she wished that this day would come. And for how long has she waited for him?

Her thoughts have been thrown away as a pair of soft lips brushed quickly against hers. The tears already started to leak from her eyes but she still wrapped her hands around his neck and pushed herself more into his mouth. Her wish finally came to reality.

In quick but determined movements, Sasuke guided themselves towards the bed while slowly undressing her. He pulled by the thin belt and the kimono opened revealing her pale white skin. Sakura blushed but continued to respond to the kiss, his mouth slowly devouring hers. It was a rough kiss along with rough movements of the person, but she knew that Sasuke wasn't exactly the type of a gentle one. Her hands went quickly to the end of the shirt and slowly rose the material up, revealing inch by inch his abdomen.

Without breaking the kiss, Sasuke tossed the fabric on the floor along with the pink kimono which the girl was wearing. His hands brushed against her skin caressing it and slowly his mouth made its way down from the mouth.



"Are you cold?"





Sasuke's head swayed around the memories which wouldn't let him at peace. But why was the skin which he was touching at that moment cold almost frozen for him? It should have been warm, hot at touch but instead, he felt like he was touching only ice.



"N-no..." the voice moaned.




Sakura moaned loudly as his mouth licked and kissed hot spots of her body making her arch like a cat. She couldn't help it, Sasuke made her feel something she never experienced before. She was already lost in the fog of ecstasy which took control over her mind, body and heart.


"Are you scared?"



The body before him started to tremble because of his touch. Small shudders traced Sakura's body and she could just only whimper because of the mirifical sensations. Sasuke continued to touch her, but did it mean that the person was trembling because she was afraid? He thought about it despite the cloud of confusion which took already over his mind making him unable to distinguish the past memories from the present happenings.



"A.. a little." The male voice answered, slowly wrapping his hands around the other one's neck.



Slowly rising up, Sasuke found the girl's mouth and continued to kiss her on the mouth keeping his gaze away from her face. Maybe if he wouldn't look at her, maybe he wouldn't feel terrible anymore because of what he was doing. His hands worked and slowly started to take off the pieces of the girl's underwear. Sakura smiled and tried to take a better sit so the other one would have a better access. Sasuke still not looking at her, threw his last piece of clothing too and continued with his doing.



"Sa...Sasuke!! I Love You!!"


Sakura finally noticed that the raven didn't look at her the entire time. As if he tried to... ignore her the whole time wishing the he would probably have been somewhere else. Her smile broke and she also saw that the raven stopped in the middle of the movement right when he was about to enter her. His face was so hard to read, but you could read there one certain thing: despair.

"Sasuke-kun?" she tried to say tears already falling had down but the raven didn't say or do anything. "Sasuke!" she yelled this time and won a startle from him.

Already on top of her, their faces close to each other, he turned finally his gaze to her. His eyes searched it and realized who really was. Just at that thought, his face turned into one of sadness. She wasn't...she wasn't what he wanted. She was just Sakura, his teammate.

But angry out of sudden and filled with rage, Sasuke gripped her hips and prepared himself to finally enter her. Sakura whimpered because of the sudden pinch but she noticed the look which the other one gave to her. All of this was wrong, everything was wrong!

"Stop, Sasuke!" she said and tried to get out of his grip. "Stop it! It's wrong!" she yelled crying already hard. Seeing that the raven didn't hear her, she rose her right hand and the sound of it hitting skin echoed in the room. The raven stopped in his action and stood for a little while on top of her. Sakura continued to cry, hiccupping and gasping for air from time to time as her right hand stung with pain as she hit pretty hard.

"Isn't this what you wanted?" he asked, his voice barely recognizable. "Why telling me to stop?" he asked still not looking at her as his long locks covered his view. Finally, he rose his head and pierced her with a glare, the red mark on his left cheek was getting even redder but he didn't show any glimpse of pain. The girl gasped at the sight of the angry man but continued to cry.

"Because..." She stuttered and responded with a glare too. "I am not... Naruto!!" she yelled loudly. "You love him not me! I know this already!" she said.


Sasuke gave her a surprised look, his eyes widening at the sudden realization. He made a huge mistake and now... there was no way he would make it right again. Sighing and grimacing, he let himself down and landed on top of her, his head lying on her shoulder rising up with each inhale she took.

"You're...not him." He repeated again and again. "You're not Naruto."

Sakura breathed heavily but traced her fingers through his midnight hair. The tears were far from drying and she was still grateful that nothing that would change someone's life into something worst happened. She sent a glance at the raven and saw him staring at the full moon, his eyes not blinking once. Slowly she wrapped her hands around him pulling him closer. She felt terrible but even with that, the one who needed the most comfort was the raven. She breathed in his hair inhaling his scent, at least he was there with her.

"I'm sorry." She whispered. "For everything which the village... put you two through. And... for this." She said.

The raven nodded silently and continued to look at the moon. The villagers should have been then one to say sorry. They interfered with their relationship calling them unnatural and broke them apart. They were the one which ordered him to break up with Naruto telling that the Uchiha clan needed desperately to be resurrected. They ordered him to have children as soon as possible.


Sakura felt something wet hitting her shoulder but seeing that Sasuke's face was there, she didn't have to ask herself what was happening. The glimpse of a small drip of water which shone in the silver light of the moon showed clearly and gave enough for imagination.

"Go to him." She said with a smile. "I know you want to see him badly." She said, a wide truthful smile crossing her trembling lips. Her happiness wasn't due to take place that soon but that didn't mean that she had to take someone else's just because she couldn't have it. A mumble which escaped his lips was the only sound which he gave. But she continued to smile and her hands wrapped tighter around him, comforting him more. Because that mumble looked like a 'Thank you'.

********

Blue eyes stared at the dark cloudless sky as they searched for an answer to all of the things which troubled the mind. It was already night and the feast was still going on. The noises which were far from stopping showed it. A small breeze blew gently, refreshing him and all his senses. He straightened and looked around the area as he felt a presence near him. Frowning, he waited patiently for the person to reveal itself and to say what it wanted for him. But instead, it never came, the presence felt like it disappeared. (Déjà vu? xD) He turned to look in front of him at the village, unaware of the person which was sitting next to him.

He startled as his eyes fell on the man sitting close to him but nonetheless his gaze showed anger and rage towards that person.

"What do you want, teme?" he asked coldly. Sasuke turned to him and sent him a glare. Naruto felt even more angrier, just seeing and feeling his ex-lover by his side again he felt like he would hit him right in the passing moment. Instead, the raven didn't say anything. Naruto turned his gaze to the front, ignoring that man was the best solution for him.


After a while, the silence started to seem unbearable and made him anxious to say anything in anytime. Tapping his feet nervously, he waited and waited for the opportunity to say something that would angry the Uchiha and make him leave. He felt that the raven was giving him glances from time to time but when he was about to turn around he noticed that the other one was moving his gaze.

Not taking it anymore, Naruto opened his mouth determined and turned to see the raven.

"Just-"

"I went to see Sakura." Sasuke said out of sudden, his eyes still looking at the village which was at the bottom of the hill. Naruto's mouth closed and he stared at him, unable to say something. The raven seemed so carefree and without a problem about what he just said that it disturbed the blonde. After a moment of thinking, he knew what the raven meant. Leaning his head down, Naruto sighed deeply, it was true. Sasuke wanted after all to take care of his clan.

"I see..." his mouth said before his mind would give him the allowance. Then, unconsciously, his legs moved and slowly, he started to rise up on his feet. He shook the dust off of his pants and straightened while shaking uncontrollably from head to toe. "Good luck with it."

He said in a monotone voice and started to take a small step away from that forsaken place. His mind was yelling continuously to the legs to run far and far away, but the trembling didn't allow him to do as he pleased. Clenching his fists and not giving a glance, he started to walk, slowly, but determined. The hole in his heart hurt too much, it became unbearable but he walked. It was the last thing he could do.

A hand rose barely noticeable and grabbed the soft fabric of the shirt. Naruto widened his eyes as he felt that something was keeping him in place. The hand pulled tighter and Naruto had to make a step backwards in order to keep himself away from falling.

"I didn't do it." Those words came like a breeze in his mind emptying it of all its contents. Leaving it prey to only these words which started o spin inside him. But still the rejection of a past memory was still there angering him.

"And why should I believe you?" Naruto almost yelled and turned around in a fast movement. He stared with disbelief at the man's face which at that moment was a few inches away from his. Those black eyes, the pale smooth skin, the rosy lips... they were there, like he always knew them. Sasuke didn't break the eye-contact, he just continued to look at him with a saddened gaze. He sighed and leaned his head down for a second.

"I'm here, am I not?" he asked after he rose his head and gave him a glare. Slowly he rose his hands too and caressed gently Naruto's cheeks surprising him. "I couldn't do it, I...just couldn't..." He murmured. "Because... you are the only one who I really love. Not the village, not the clan, but you!" He said and pulled the blonde tightly at his chest.

Naruto barely had time to realize what was happening at that moment. He wanted to escape that hug, to break free and run far away but why did it seem so warm and good? He longed for that embrace since they broke up, never once has he forgotten how it felt like being with his important person. Slowly, he leaned his head on the other one's shoulder inhaling the scent of his lover and wrapped his hand around the Sasuke's waist.

"Please don't leave me again." Naruto whispered. "I barely could take it once, I don't know if I'll be able to bear it twice." He continued. Sasuke listened to those words and the only thing he could do was to wrap his hands tighter around him.

"Never." He said and slowly after breaking the hug he crushed his lips into the blonde's.

His hands fell down and pulled Naruto closer to him. Naruto's face turned into a shocked one, but nonetheless he answered to the passionate kiss. He wrapped his hands around the raven's neck asking for more contact and opened his mouth wider. Both of them tried to remember the other one's mouth by exploring it and also devastating it. Their hands brushing against their bodies, sending shivers and shocks of passion to each other. Their bodies suffused together like they always meant to be. Just like they always were meant for each other.

*****

After breaking up the kiss in need of air, Naruto made a wide smile seeing Sasuke's above his. Their entwined hands tightened around each other and they could only look in the other one's eyes. It was love, that was certain.


Then another round of explosions echoed in the distance. Both of them straightened and watched how the dark sky got covered again by the fireworks. It was going to be a long night along with a still celebrating feast but, they couldn't stop and think at that. Taking a better seat in the grass, Naruto wrapped his hands around the raven which was leaning against his chest between his legs. They turned their gazes at the village and watched the whole show of dancing lights and shapes. It was beautiful and magical.

Remembering something out of sudden, Sasuke searched in his pocket and after a moment he took something from it. The blonde sent him a confused look but his eyes fell on the small yellow flower which the raven was holding. A daffodil. He smiled at the small flower and his eyes caught immediately Sasuke's. It represented a new beginning, a new hope in their hearts. No spring feast would be complete without the flower of showing rebirth of nature, people and... love.

"Never once have I gave up on you." He smiled and put his hand in Sasuke's own one which was holding the flower slowly gripping it. Sasuke smirked and gripped Naruto's hand too.

"Never once have I stopped loving you." He said and their lips caught again in a kiss as their faces enlightened by the white light of the last and biggest firework. It was a promise tied around their hearts and souls with a thin but unbreakable string of love. A string which would last forever even if there will be some embroilments, but that's why there are two souls, to disentangle it together and make it like before. Like it was meant to be.