TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Orange by Hanon

[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Title: Orange
Author: Hanon
Series: Naruto
Disclaimer: Naruto is copyrighted to its respective owners, not me.
Warnings: Shounen-ai, or boyluff. Very light; there will not be any adult material in here.

Author’s Notes: My first (second?) posted fanfiction; a little short and intended to be light and fluffy. A bit short of interaction between Sasuke and Naruto, however – I guess I’ll leave part to your imagination. Even a single review will make my day! =)

--->

Orange. The infant was wearing a full outfit consisting of nothing but neon orange.

The color had nearly blinded Sasuke the moment he stepped into the room. When his eyes adjusted and he examined the newborn child closely, he was displeased to see a spiral symbol on the back of the orange shirt. All his suspicions had been confirmed.

Normally, Sasuke wouldn’t have minded whatever business Naruto got himself into. It was always like that, like a silent deal. The two had been promoted to Jounin level quite a while ago, and the moment Sasuke had been cleared of all charges toward him upon returning to the village, he had found himself to be as busy as the future-Hokage himself. It was a mutual feeling – they had barely communicated for at least two months now.

But this was different. Because this child would be the Uchiha heir. And Uchihas did not wear orange. No matter how much Naruto loved the color.

He stood in the room, gaping for a while, convinced the infant might’ve somehow been affected of the orange. He had been very careful, making sure his offspring had the as biggest chance as possible to get his Sharingan technique from him.

Surely, the orange had nothing to do with it? He had to get a grip on himself. It wasn’t like the bright color would hurt his son’s eyes to the point where he lost the ability, right?

Oh god. He was going insane.

It took him a while to change the baby back to his usual dark blue wear because of all the kicking and crying. Sasuke hoped his son hadn’t gotten an attachment to orange. It simply wasn’t Uchiha-like to wear any sort of bright colors.

As Sasuke left the room, he couldn’t help but feel Naruto had somehow declared some kind of war against him with his actions.

He swore to himself he wouldn’t lose.


--->

Uzumaki Naruto, on the other hand, had no intentions of a war. He was surprised to see that the cute orange outfit had been taken off the baby not even a half an hour before Sasuke’s return.

He could just imagine Sasuke’s reaction to seeing his baby in a literally stunning orange outfit. Naruto simply loved the color orange – it was such a loud and bright color. He thought the kid looked cute.

However, he didn’t daren’t change the kid back to its new outfit. Yet. Because he didn’t want to piss Sasuke off too much in one day; the guy needed a break.

And because he didn’t know exactly where Sasuke had put the orange clothing.

Naruto had settled down and was having a (very happy) meal of ramen when he felt Sasuke enter the room. Well – not exactly. What he really felt were two very dark eyes shooting daggers at the back of his neck.

He rubbed his neck self-consciously.

No words were exchanged. The avenger sat himself across Naruto and rested his head on his arms, watching Naruto carefully. It was extremely hard to eat with someone staring at you. Especially when they – in this case, he – didn’t blink a single time.

The silence subdued them both for about ten minutes. It took Naruto that amount of time to realize Sasuke wouldn’t be speaking. So, he finally set his chopsticks down and stared right back. Blue eyes met black.

“You know, you shouldn’t be so obsessive over him. He’s my son too, remember?


A long, heated, argument ensued. Followed by a couple of screams and shouts of frustration before they kissed and made up.

It was 1 in the morning by then.


Poor Sakura. She really didn’t get much sleep that day. Moving in with the two to make sure they were okay probably wasn’t a good idea; it didn’t even seem to serve it’s purpose.


--->

Naruto cooed softly as the infant began crying again and patted him gently on the back.

The baby was so cute. He knew he would have to leave soon, and almost didn’t want to. As a medicine-nin, Sakura was able to take care of his son most of the time – she probably spent more time with him than Naruto and Sasuke put together. It wasn’t fair!

Before he left, Naruto titled his head toward the child as if deep in thought.

When Sasuke stepped into the nursing room that day, the first thing he saw was a shocking and blinding orange.


Owari; End.

--->

Finally finished. –beam- The story itself is rather short but took a –coughuntalentedcough- person like me a couple of hours to finish.