TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Behind the Mask by Akane Uchiha

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: This is where Sasuke meets his new team:) And maybe even the love of his life....
Screams filled the air. Three years in sound, Sasuke was used to this. He fought alongside Orochimaru. Cutting down anyone who dared challenge him.

Orochimaru soon drifted away, fighting leaf jonin who had launched a rather powerful letter bomb at him. Sasuke was left alone to fight off a few masked chunin.

Suddenly, as Sasuke ripped his sword out of the last one standing, he sensed someones presence. He lifted his eyes from the body that layed sprawled out before him, his entrails staining the grass red.

His eyes widened at what he saw. There stood his two teammates he left behind. They stood there, staring at him.

"Why did you do it Sasuke?" Sakura asked, her voice flat, and toneless. "Why did you betray us?" Sasuke's
fingers tensed around the hilt of his black, blood-stained katana. A few beads of sweat sliding down his face.

Naruto remained silent, and just stared at him with glassy eyes. "Why Sasuke?" Sakura asked,"why did you leave us behind?"

She began to walk toward him, her fingers reaching for him. Naruto followed suit.

For once in his life. he was actually afraid of his teammates. As they staffered toward him, he began to back away, but fell backward hard onto his back, tripping over a fallen tree branch.

He couldn't move, his hands clenched into fists as he felt Naruto's cold hand close around his throat....

Sasuke shot up, covered in a cold sweat, breathing hard. "A dream, it was only a dream." He layed his head back dow on the pillow, staring up at the ceiling. The vision of the dream still fresh on his mind.

He rubbed his neck, he could still feel Naruto's rigid grip on his throat. As if the ghost of Naruto's deadly
intetion lingered there.

He sighed, trying to forget the nightmare. This was the third time he had had a dream consisting of some bad decision he had made, and he wondered if he was supposed to feel guilty.

He sat up, he needed some kind of freedom, the air in this room began to get heavy, and started suffocating him.

He stepped out of bed, the cold shock of the floor tensing his nerves. He stood for a second, staring
into the mirror. Staring at the faceless somebody he didn't know.

Years ago, his reason for survival had been clear to him, but now...he wasn't so sure. He had been so sure of himself, he lived to kill Itachi, and nothing else. But then why did it feel so wrong and out of place? Why did he see Konoha as more than just a village? Why did he care?

He closed his eyes, slamming his fist onto the dresser. Damn! He didn't want these feelings, he didn't want this hole inside of him. He had done it, he had fullfilled his debt, he had killed his damned brother, but yet...he didn't feel any happier, what the hell was wrong with him?

Then it struck him. Back before he had betrayed the village, Kakashi had told him this would happen, he remembered.

"Revenge won't change anything Sasuke, once you're done, you won't be any happier, revenge doesn't induce happiness."

His mentor had been right. He had been absolutely right. "Why didn't I listen to him?!" Sasuke yelled aloud. He was so damn tired of this. He sighed in angry annoyance, slipped his shoes on, and slammed the door behind him, intending on clearing his mind.

~*~

Sasuke walked down the darkened streets of Konohagakure, the moon casting a dim, misty glow upon him.

What now? What was he supposed to do now? He had tried everything, there was just no escaping this cold, hollow feeling.

He thought back to when he still on Team 7. The answer came to him. He was still the same as he was before, he hadn't changed a damn bit.

He recalled how he had felt when his teammates had meant something to him. He had felt warm for once, he had felt as if someone was there for him whenever he needed it. He had felt happy.

But Orochimaru's influence destroyed all of that. Sasuke hated the man with all of his being, even as much as he hated itachi.

Switching back to the subject of his brother, Sasuke sighed, leaning against the railing of the bridge he was standing on.

Itachi's face came to view. Sasuke had killed him, and payed his debt, why was he not happy? What was missing?

Love. The word floated into his head. 'no' he thought, 'is that what's really missing?' He shook his head, and pushed the thought out of his mind. 'There's just no way' he thought to himself, 'love can't be it....right?' he sighed and stared at his reflection. His brother was dead, and his debt repaid, so, now what? What was expected of him now?

Nearly three years ago, he had returned to Konoha, dead set on leaving again, this time to find his brother, but that time never did come, because Itachi came to him. Though, not for him of course, it was because he was after Naruto, and Sasuke had realized this, but that didn't mean he had to pass up the opportunity to of a life time, that could never come again.

Sasuke sighed, turned and slid into a sitting position, leaning against the railing, and bent his knees, so that he could rest his elbows on them. He gazed up at the clear, velvety night sky. "Now what?" he asked himself quietly. No response came to him.

He got up, and shoved his hands in his pockets. He sighed, and began walking back to his apartment, not feeling any different, or any better.

~*~