TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Behind the Mask by Akane Uchiha

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: This is the eventual sequel to Breaking Point, and i wanted to get it out here so i could start on the introductory chapters. Of course it'll be an entirely different storyline, but i would still recommend reading Breaking Point first. Unless you're one of those people who like reading the stories from finish to start....:)
I do not own Naruto or any of it's characters, so please don't sue me.
Chapter notes: Um.....here we go! Let's hope I don't crash and burn!
Sasuke waited in the dingy, dim lighted room. Nothing moved, save for a small ant crawling across the cracked linoleum floor, overwhelmed by it's task of carrying a crumb, and it's surroundings.

Sasuke sat on the bed, his knees bent, and his arms resting on his knees. His head was rested against the wall, eyes scanning the ceiling.

It had been approximately five hours since he had sighned up the anbu black ops unit, well, actually, Tsunade had signed him up, but five hours since the interview. It was more of an interrogation, than an interview.

He had been at Ibiki's less than tender mercies, as he sat in that cold steel chair, the one dim light focused on him. His wrists and ankles retrained with chakra enhanced steel bands.

He remembered when Ibiki had grabbed his chin, steadying it while the medics in the room carefully stuck acupunture needles into his neck, neutralizin his vocal cords, so he wouldn't damage them when he screamed.

Sasuke couldn't quite remember what they did to him, because they had cast a minor genjutsu over his body, to lessen the pain. But what he did remember very clearly, was the pain.

His head had felt as if someone had drived a knife through it, and not only that, he felt as if his brain were being cast on fire, and a war was raaging withing his skull. The pain had unbearable, and nearly undescribeble.

He later found that they had used a forbidden jutsu on him, one that he, infact, had used himself once upon a time back in sound.

The Mind Intrusion Jutsu. A horrid technique that allows it's user to invade the victim's mind, accessing memories and information they otherwise would have forgotten, or kept locked away.

The jutsu caused excrutiating pain to victim's body, as well as his head. It causes the blood, pressure and adrenhalin to increase dramatically, to a fatal level.

The reasoning the jutsu is forbidden, is because of the backlash it causes on the user's body if not performed correctly, right down to the last finger possition of the hand seals.

If not perfromed in the exact right manner, the jutsu could backfire, causing not only the victim to die, but the user's head to be blown off, or mind to completely wiped.

Sasuke returned to the presen. He never knew the pain of the jutsu until it was performed upon him. There was no other way they were going to get information out of him about Orochimaru, even thougg the man had died in the war, killed by Itachi.

Sasuke completely understood this, but still.

Six hours. It had now been six hours. Sasuke counted away the seconds timed to his pulse, the only watch he ever needed.

He stopped second guessing himself hours ago, he wasn't going to make it in. The anbu only accepted the very elite, and considering Sasuke's record, he wasn't exactly the best choice.

There had to be something he could've done to better his chances, not betraying the village to join Orochimaru seven years ago would've been a good start to that last list.

Suddenly, the small window high up on the back wall shattered, sending shards of glass flying in every direction. Sasuke jumped up, his hands automatically going to the katana at his back, a habit he had picked up in sound.

He walked cautiously up to the window, his eyes shifting to the sharingan, and peered over. His every sense on alert.

There was no one there.

He straightened, carefully placing his head out the window, looking around, waiting for the attack that never came. "Hn." he said, and stepped away from the window.

What was he to expect? No one in their right mind would launch a kunai through the window of the interrogation offices, and stay to face the heat, unless they commiting at assassination attempt, but that clearly wasn't the case.

Sasuke began to walk over to where the kunai had embedded itself into the wall, but he didn't lower his guard, he still watched the window with his sharingan. Just because he didn't sense any chakra, didn't mean that there wasn't anybody out there.

Hanging from the kunai was mask, swinging back and forth, scratching faintly against the wall. It's thin leather strap tied through the ring of the kunai.

Sasuke pulled the knife out of the wall, and untied the mask, holding it in his hand.

He was in.
Chapter end notes: hope you liked it! please review!