TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


A Bleeding Heart by xxkakashi16xx

[Reviews - 24]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Hey I am so sorry for posting this so late. This past month as gotten so busy I didn't have any time. But soccer season is over now so I'll hopefully have more time, but then there's school. grr well anyway i hope you enjoy this chapter
Little Kakashi sighed as he sat on the swing outside the academy building. Class was over, but he was waiting for his sister to walk him home. He looked over his injured hand again. Of course now he knew how to throw a shuriken, but he had been humiliated. “Still here I see?” came a voice above him. Kakashi looked up to see the face of his teacher. “Oh, hi, Yamo-sensei,” greeted Kakashi in a low tone as he looked back at the ground. “You did well today, but I have a feeling that you never threw a shuriken before today, haven’t you?” he asked. Kakashi looked right back up at his teacher. He was not in the mood to talk to his sensei at that moment. Plus, hadn’t he already established the fact that he couldn’t throw shuriken and his sensei just now believed him? “You’re a sensitive little guy aren’t you? Heh, just like your father,” he said smiling, looking down at the child. Kakashi rolled his eyes as he let out a heavy sigh, slumping against one of the ropes of the swing. “Well, I’ll see you around, Kakashi.” And with that, he was gone.


‘Finally, he’s gone,’ thought Kakashi as his eyes caught a glimpse of a couple other kids who were still hanging around. ‘Why did he have to talk to me? He could have talked to any of them over there,’ he groaned silently to himself. Just then, Rin came over to him. “Hey, good job today,” she said, giving him a warm smile. Kakashi moaned and then looked away from her. Rin tried to cheer him up, but the fact that she didn’t really know him that well, made it even harder for her to make him happy. After trying, she sighed and looked around at the other children not too far away; she wanted someone to talk with her. But only person she wanted to talk to that was there was Kakashi. That Obito kid was a little strange and too hyperactive for her likes. And none of the other couple of kids looked good to talk to either. She then returned her gaze to the sulking silver haired child.


“Rin-chan!” came a happy voice. Rin raised her eyes to see Obito running over to her. “Wassup?” he asked, bounding up to her. “Nothing really, I was just trying to communicate with someone here,” she replied. Obito looked past her and saw the sad Kakashi. “What’s he so down about?” Obito asked. “I don’t know,” answered Rin, looking again at Kakashi. In return, Kakashi ignored them. He wanted to go home and train so that he wouldn’t be humiliated again. “Hey, hey what happened to your eye?” asked Obito. Kakashi blankly stared at him. ‘Wasn’t this kid paying any attention earlier? Am I invisible today or something!?’ he asked himself in annoyance. As he opened his mouth to explain again, someone cut him off, “I beat the crap out of him when he woke me up this morning.” Kakashi felt himself brighten, it was Izanami.


Rin looked confused. “He woke you up this morning?” she asked. Izanami sighed and ignored Rin’s question, “Come on, Kaka. Stop talking with your little friends and let’s go home. I’m tired.” “Don’t call me that, baka,” said Kakashi, making a face at her. “Whatever, let’s go,” she said. “Who’s that?” asked Obito, “she looks familiar.” Izanami turned to face him. She looked over him a few times for some sense of recognition. “You look a little like Uchiha Shinzu. Is he your cousin or something?” she asked. “He’s my brother. Why do you want to know?” “Tell him that Hatake says good luck on becoming a jounin before me,” she said with a smile. “Um, ok, but I still have no clue who you are,” answered a confused Obito. “She’s my sister,” answered Kakashi. “Yeah, hi, how are you, nice to meet you, yadda yadda yadda. Ok let’s go now, Kakashi,” Izanami said, now becoming very annoyed at her brother. “Alright fine,” he said, starting to follow his sister. “See ya around, you guys,” Kakashi said giving them both a smile. “Bye,” both Obito and Rin said as Kakashi turned to catch up to Izanami, who was already half way down the street.


“So how’s it go?” she asked as he finally caught up to her. “It was ok. This weird, annoying kid embarrassed me in front of the whole class,” he replied, glancing at his fingers. “Ha! That’s what you get for what you did to me, brat,” she laughed. Kakashi sent her a glare. “You know what? Sometimes, you’re just a stupid …fat … ugly old person,” he managed to spit out. “Oh what an insult, I don’t think my heart can take much more of that. You completely demolished my self-esteem,” she sarcastically smirked. Kakashi growled at her. “When I become a shinobi, I’m gonna get you back for what you did,” he pouted as he crossed his arms. She smiled at the sight, ‘I’ve got a few years before that kiddo, plus by then, I’ll hopefully be a jounin.’


Izanami and Kakashi walked around the village, heading towards their home. To get there, Izanami had decided to go through the market section of town. While walking through, Kakashi had noticed that there was a new shop. It was a small stand compared to the others, but still of decent size. They weren’t open, but there was a notice saying that they would open soon. “Ichariku Ramen Shop?” Kakashi read, “well, I never really eat ramen, so I guess I won’t be coming here often.” Izanami heard Kakashi talking to himself. She turned her attention in the direction that he was looking. “A ramen stand? Why this town need one of those is beyond me. Probably won’t last that long. Come on, let’s go,” she said walking off. Kakashi nodded and obediently followed.


When they finally got home, Izanami happily ran inside to her room. Kakashi shook his head and entered the dark house. He knew that Izanami was probably not going to come out of her room, no matter how hard he would try to get her out. Kakashi had decided that he would practice throwing shuriken and kunai, so that he wouldn’t be humiliated again. He had wanted his sister to go with him so she could possibly help him get a head start on chakra control and maybe learn a jutsu or two.


He started out the door when he remembered that to practice throwing the ninja tools; you had to have the tools. He froze in his tracks and went back inside. He tried to think where he could find extra tools. They had to have them lying around somewhere, after all, they were a family of shinobi. He then remembered that Izanami had some in her room, but there was no way in hell that he’d get in there. The only other location in the house where extra shuriken and kunai were was his father’s room. Kakashi had never figured out why he wasn’t allowed in that room, but now was his chance. Besides, his father wasn’t home and hopefully it wouldn’t take long for him to find the tools. First, he took a final look around the house to make sure his father wasn’t there. Then, when he saw that his father wasn’t home, he went for the room.


Sakumo’s room was very dark. The windows were dim because of the dust collecting on them, their shades shut in front of them, letting no outside light enter the room. The room, itself, was small and dirty. Papers, clothes, bed sheets, books… all lay scattered on the floor. It looked like no one had ever lived in there for years. “How am I going to find those tools in this mess?” Kakashi asked aloud. He knew that he had to be quick, there was no telling when his father would be home and find him in his room.


Kakashi started to dig around on the floor and in the drawers. 15 minutes went by and still no luck. ‘Where is it?’ he mentally screamed in his head. Finally, on the floor, under the bed, lay on extra hip holster, filled with kunai and shuriken. Kakashi smiled as he grabbed the pouch and began to run out of the room, but something caught his eye. Underneath some of his father’s belongings, was what looked like a little bit of a picture sticking up out of the mess. Curious, Kakashi put the holster on the bed and grabbed the picture. The image showed three figures together. A young couple, standing close to each other, the woman was holding a new born child. Kakashi immediately recognized that the man in the picture was his own father. As for the other two, he could only guess. Kakashi stared at them for a long time that he didn’t notice the looming figure watching him in the doorway.


Sakumo was tired from his mission and was happy, that for the first in a long time, he was going home early. His plan was to go to his room and take a nap. When he saw that his door was wide open and he could see a small silver haired child standing near his bed, his temper rose slightly. As he got closer, he saw that the silver haired child was Kakashi and that he was staring at something he held in his hands. Sakumo was now in the doorway, looking at the picture his son was holding. He smiled as he recognized the photo; he hadn’t seen it in years.


Kakashi continued to stare at it. His eyes were now on the woman. She had light brown eyes and light brown hair. There was a warm, soft smile on her face as she gazed at her baby. Her smile made Kakashi feel warm and safe. He thought she looked like an older Izanami with brown hair, now as he looked at her, he thought there was something about her that tore his heart, he felt like had somehow knew her and that she was gone. “Who is she?” he heard himself ask aloud. “She was my best friend,” said Sakumo, still in the doorway. Kakashi froze; he wasn’t expecting to hear an answer, let alone turn to see his father standing in the doorway. Kakashi slowly looked up at his face, expecting to see him angry, but instead Sakumo’s face anything but upset. He was calm, in fact it looked like he didn’t care that his son was in his room. Kakashi looked confused, which Sakumo immediately caught his expression and smiled. “You know you’re not supposed to be in here,” he said, breaking the silence. Kakashi’s eyes slowly drifted down from Sakumo to the photo he still held. “I know,” he answered quietly. Sakumo walked over to his son and picked him up. He noticed that his extra hip holster was lying on his bed. Kakashi, why is that out?” he asked looking at it. Kakashi followed his gaze to the pouch. “Oh, I was going to train with them,” he sheepishly answered. Sakumo smiled as he moved his holster and sat down with Kakashi on his bed. “Who’s that baby between you two?” asked Kakashi, looking back at the picture. His father looked at the photo with Kakashi. “You don’t recognize her?” he asked. Kakashi looked closer at it. “Not really,” he said after a few minutes. “It’s Izanami,” Sakumo said. Kakashi continued to stare at the baby Izanami and then turned his gaze to the woman holding her. “So if that’s Izanami and that’s you, then is that…” Kakashi paused as he cleared his throat, “kaasan…?” It came out as barely a whisper, but could still be heard. Sakumo held Kakashi closer to himself. “It is,” he simply answered.


Kakashi had never before seen his mother. He couldn’t take his eyes off of her image. It made Kakashi feel unexpectedly secure. “What was she like?” he asked slowly. “Well, she’s hard to describe, but she was a lot like you. You would have loved her,” Sakumo said, and then unexpectedly he felt tears, tears that he hadn’t felt in four long years. “I sure do miss her,” he said after a long pause. “What happened to her?” Kakashi asked, not taking his eyes off of the image of his mother. Sakumo tried to find the right words to say. “Well, Kakashi. She died very shortly after you were born,” he finally said. Kakashi looked back sadly at the photo. Thoughts running around in his head at a hundred miles an hour; he felt his heart dip into his stomach as the thought of her dead went through his mind. It was a while before anyone said anything until Kakashi finally broke the silence, “Can I keep this?” Sakumo was taken back a bit by the question, but then gently smiled at his son. “I guess so, but make sure you don’t lose it,” he said. “Arigato, tousan and don’t worry about me losing it. At least I won’t unlike someone I know…” Kakashi chirped. “Hey I didn’t lose it. I just… misplaced it … for a …while,” Sakumo slowly said, trying to defend himself. “Sure, yeah, ok, tousan,” Kakashi said as he rolled his eyes. He then got off Sakumo’s lap and started for his room to put his new found treasure away. Sakumo watched him go and smiled. ‘I don’t know what I’d do without that little guy,’ he said to himself as he took up his holster next to him and walked out the door.


Sakumo went to Kakashi’s room, where he saw his son still gazing at the picture he was just given. Sakumo never stopped smiling, “Come on, Kakashi.” Kakashi turned to find his father standing in the hallway and waving him over with his hand. “Why? Where are we going?” he asked. “Didn’t you say you wanted to train?” Sakumo asked. Kakashi’s face immediately lit up as he ran out the door. “Come on, let’s go!” Kakashi shouted behind him. His father laughed and followed his bounding son outside.
Chapter end notes: and a random extra sentence written by kazekage4life-"Blood spurted out of his eye sockets and Kenshin saved the day." (I had nothing to do with this)