TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


A Bleeding Heart by xxkakashi16xx

[Reviews - 24]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: disclaimer i do not own naruto or any of the characters the only thing i own are a couple of characters i made up enjoy^^ sry about the format i'm trying to get the hang of this tell me what you think about it thanx
A man with his daughter waited in the hospital waiting room. The man was handsome, his face was nearly flawless. His soft, silver hair was carelessly flung to the side. His famous chakra blade strapped to his back. Stressed and tired, he wondered how much longer until it was over. He glanced down at his daughter, who stood beside him, not letting go of his hand. He watched her as she silently played with her light, silvery hair with her other hand. She then silently looked up to meet her father’s eyes.


She offered a small smile and squeezed her father’s hand tighter. “Tousan, is kaasan ok?” she asked with a hint of nervousness in her voice. She had no idea what was going on. All she knew was that she was at home helping her mother with some chores and then out of nowhere she was on the floor holding her stomach in pain. Her father looked at her with soft eyes, “I’m sure she’ll be ok.” Although he wasn’t entirely sure himself, but she was a strong woman she would pull through, right?



Then a short figure entered the room. He was dressed in a white robe with the Hokage hat placed upon his head. His kind smile immediately lightened the mood. His attention was drawn to the man and his daughter. “Ahhh, nervous are we, Hatake?” asked the older man. He then glanced down to see a little girl hide nervously behind her father. He couldn’t help but smile. He stooped down to her level and gave a reassuring smile. “Don’t worry young one they’ll be ok,” he said as he gently stroked the young girl’s hair.


She found herself giving him a small smile back. She clung to her father as tight as she could the wait was killing her. The man looked at his friend as he began to answer him back. “Yeah, I know I shouldn’t be. I was like this when Izanami-san was born. If I remember correctly, Sarutobi-sama, you asked me the same exact thing back then,” he recalled as he softly chucked, relieving some stress. “Now that you mention it, Sakumo-san,” he said after a long pause, “I do remember me saying something like that. How long has she been in there?” “I lost track,” Sakumo replied.


Sarutobi smiled. He knew that this was just a part of life. He was sure that Sakumo knew this too, but of course you’d be nervous if you were about to welcome a child into the world not knowing if their life would end shortly after it started or if it’s life never had a beginning.
Sarutobi sighed and looked at his friend. “I’m sure they’ll be fine,” he reassured him. “Sarutobi-sama, I’m sure you have a lot of work to do. You shouldn’t worry about me,” said Sakumo. Sarutobi gave him a look, “my duty as Hokage is to look over all who live here isn’t it? How can I not comfort you when you’re worried about your family.” Sakumo smiled.


“So, Izanami-san, are you looking forward to a new sibling?” asked Sarutobi, trying to brighten the child’s spirit. She immediately brightened, “I want a sister so we can do things together. I don’t really want a brother, but maybe that won’t be so bad, either. But I really REALLY want a sister.” She smiled big every time she mentioned getting a new sister. She knew that if she had a sister they could make up secret clubs and she could teach her new jutsu that she would learn from her day at the academy and eventually her sensei. Somehow Izanami thought that if she had a little brother then he would want to do everything by himself and not listen to her at all. She figured that a sister would be better. After all, the boys in her class were weird and would randomly do things to annoy everyone. She sighed mentally.


The Hokage smiled to see that he had gotten a smile from the little girl. It relieved him to her happily thinking about the subject instead of stressing over it. She was a lot like Sakumo in that way. Not that he was known to stress over things, but Sarutobi did know that Sakumo could. He now turned his attention to Sakumo, who was now enjoying seeing his daughter smile. “Thanks, Sarutobi-sama,” replied Sakumo. “So now that I asked Izanami, I’m curious you want a boy or girl?” asked the Hokage. Sakumo paused he really didn’t know. He kind of wanted a boy, but another girl would be nice. He couldn’t decide as he thought hard. Sarutobi smiled to see Sakumo think so hard. “I didn’t think it was that hard of a question,” he laughed.


His smile faded as he saw one of the doctors. Sakumo saw him too. The doctor’s face wasn’t pleasant. He sighed. “Hatake Sakumo, I’m sorry to tell you this, but we lost them,” he replied. “What do you mean you lost them?” asked Sakumo, glaring at the man. “She’s gone we lost her. She was doing fine but then she stopped breathing. We tried to revive her, but we failed. She died before the child was out. We then desperately tried to save the child, but we had lost it too. We did manage to get him out but he wasn’t moving,” he continued. “Wait a minute, did you say he?” asked Sakumo in a hurt tone. Izanami didn’t understand what was going on sure she was smart but she couldn’t grasp what was being said. She let go of her father and stared at him. Sarutobi looked at Sakumo, who looked crushed. “Would you like to see him?” asked the man as he nodded to Sakumo’s first question. Sakumo looked at him then at Sarutobi then at Izanami. He sighed, “ok.”
He followed the doctor down the hall.


Sarutobi didn’t follow. Izanami noticed this and looked up at Sarutobi, confused. “Why aren’t you following tousan?” she asked. He looked at her as he took hold of her hand, “later.” She didn’t know what he meant by later but something didn’t seem right. She looked down, and then she started to play with her hair. She always did that when there was an awkward moment or something. Sarutobi sighed and looked at her with gentle eyes. ‘I hope what that man said is not true,’ he thought as he watched them go.
The doctor stood in front of a door. Sakumo braced himself, butterflies in his stomach. He had hoped that the man in front of him was lying. The doctor opened the door that reviled a woman about Sakumo’s age on a bed. Sakumo’s heart went in his stomach as he saw his lifeless wife lay there. He slowly approached her. Tears came quickly to his eyes, “Anzu,” he said softly. She didn’t stir. Sakumo said her name again while gently touching her shoulder, “Anzu.”

flashback

It was late and Sakumo had just finished tucking Izanami into bed. He gently kissed her forehead as he left the room. He found Anzu sitting on a chair reading a book. He smiled everything was going the way it should. He was honored to help the Hokage protect Konoha. And not only that but now he had a beautiful wife and child, Sakumo felt like nothing would make his life any better. As he thought about this his sighed in satisfactory. He meant to keep that sigh to himself but Anzu heard him. “Sakumo-koi, is something wrong?” she asked. “Nah, I was just thinking,” he replied. “Oh no not again,” Anzu joked, “it’s dangerous when you’re thinking.” She laughed at her little joke as Sakumo joined her. She quickly silenced her laughing and got serious. She quickly glared at her husband. He was definitely not expecting her to start glaring at him. “You did it again!” she yelled. “What did I do?” asked a confused Sakumo.

Still keeping a serious face she answered, “don’t give me that! You did it once and now you did it again. The result of the first time I ended up in a hospital and we ended up with a kid.” She smiled breaking the seriousness. “I’m pregnant,” she said happily. Sakumo was just in shock. Anzu sure did have a weird sense of humor. First, she was accusing him, and then she was happily saying that she was pregnant. Anzu started laughing again at him. “What that’s not good news? Was Izanami a little too much to handle?” she asked him. “No, but you usually aren’t this hyperactive,” he said with a smile, “I would love to have another child.” He then lightly kissed her. Anzu smiled. “Wouldn’t it be great for Izanami to have a playmate?” she said.

end flashback


Sakumo was sitting on the bed next to her. “Anzu….,” he whispered. There was nothing he could do. She was gone. His heart was being ripped a part. “Hatake-san,” said a nearby nurse, “I’m sorry.” Sakumo looked at the nurse who had spoken and thanked her silently. “I-I ..,” started Sakumo, “I’m…. ready.” He really wasn’t. He didn’t want to see the face of his dead new born. “I’ll get him,” said the doctor as he went into the other room. Sakumo couldn’t bring himself away from Anzu’s side. He couldn’t bare it. All of a sudden he heard a screams of joy. What the-? He looked in the direction of all the commotion. Suddenly he sensed people rushing for the room. ‘Great,’ he thought. The doctor came back with a buddle of blankets in hand and a hand full of nurses behind him all beaming. Sakumo glared at them. He had just lost his wife and newborn son and they had the nerve to rush in here like that. The man with the child walked forward, “Meet the newest Hatake, Sakumo.”


Sakumo was speechless. ‘What he’s alive? No it can’t be maybe they got another child from some other mother,’ he thought. “But I thought you said he was dead?” he finally said. “We thought he was but he’s not his heart was beating but it was very faint. As his heart rate increased he began to move,” said the doctor. Sakumo cautiously took the bundle of blankets from him. There was definitely something in there. Sakumo pulled the top layer of the blanket away from the child’s face. He was speechless. This child was definitely his there was no mistake in that. He looked almost exactly what he looked like when he was a child. Well not entirely the same, but very similar. Sakumo gently touched his son’s tender face with his hand. At that the child yawned, but still didn’t open his eyes. Sakumo didn’t want to take his eyes off his son. He couldn’t imagine this child being dead. He slowly turned his gaze to Anzu. His heart stopped. He wanted Anzu next to him admiring their child together. He stared at her body for a long time. Then he slowly walked out of the room towards Sarutobi and Izanami.


The older man immediately saw Sakumo and greeted him with a slight nod. Izanami looked right up as she saw her father walking back with something in his arms. “Tousan!” she screamed in delight as she saw him. Sakumo saw her and gave a little smile. “What’s that?” she asked with curiosity. Sarutobi cautiously looked at Sakumo. He could tell that something was wrong but he decided not to press the matter. “Izanami-san,” started Sakumo, “meet your new brother, Hatake Kakashi.”


Izanami looked at her new brother. She thought he looked so cute sleeping there in her father’s arms. “Tousan, where’s kaasan? Shouldn’t she be here with us?” she asked after admiring her new sibling. Sakumo looked at his daughter and then at the Hokage. He gave him a sad look. Sarutobi understood completely and took hold of Izanami’s hand again. Sakumo sighed, “Izanami, I’m sorry,” he said as his heart was in his throat. How could he tell his child that her mother had just died? Izanami gave her father a confused look. “What do you mean, tousan?” she asked. “Izanami, kaasan is not coming home with us,” replied Sakumo, his heart breaking as he told his daughter. Izanami looked at her father in disbelief. “She doesn’t like us anymore?” asked Izanami. “No she loves us, Izanami-san,” replied Sakumo while handing his son to Sarutobi so that he could stoop to Izanami’s level. “Then was it something I did that made her upset?” she asked. Sakumo’s heart was about to burst. He felt tears beginning to come to his eyes. He did not want to tell his daughter but he knew that he had to. “Izanami-san, there’s nothing you could do to keep her away. But even though you now have a brother, there was a sacrifice to get him,” he replied. “So she’s gone, because she sacrificed herself for him?” she asked. “Yeah, but she did it because she loved him,” said Sakumo. This was the easiest way to tell Izanami at least that’s how Sakumo felt. At least he could make sure that Izanami’s feelings toward her new brother were those of admiration instead of hate.


Izanami thought this though. She didn’t want to lose her mother over her brother. But it was too late for that. She then looked at her father, “In other words he killed her.” Sakumo looked at her in shock. “But,” started Izanami, she walked up to Sarutobi who was still holding Kakashi. “I won’t hate him,” she said. Tears came to her eyes as she realized what she was saying. She wanted her mother now so that they would be together again. She suddenly ran down the hall towards the room that she remembered that her father went into. Sakumo quickly called after his daughter before following her leaving Sarutobi with Kakashi in his arms. He looked at the sleeping Kakashi and sighed. Suddenly the young child stirred and opened his eyes for the first time. Sarutobi gazed at him. ‘He looks just like him,’ he thought as Kakashi stared at back at him.


“Kaasan!” screamed Izanami as she burst into the room. She saw her mother lying lifeless on the bed. She stared at her mother in disbelief. She walked up to her and softly touched her arm. “Kaasan, wake up. I’m here,” she said as a tear rolled down her face. “Kaasan, its ok please wake up,” she tried again. “Kaasan! Don’t leave me! I love you I don’t want a world without you.” Izanami was wailing. She buried her face into her mother’s arm. Sakumo came in and his heart was crushed at the sight.


He gently walked over and picked up his daughter. She looked at her father and buried her face into his shoulder. “I want her back,” she sobbed. “So do I, Izanami,” he replied, “but I don’t think she would want us to cry over her especially since we have a new addition to our family. It will be the hardest on him. Izanami, you have to be strong not only because kaasan would want you to but for Kakashi, too. Now that kaasan is gone he’ll need both of us more than ever.” Sakumo lightly kissed his daughter’s forehead and smiled, “besides she’s still here watching over us.” Izanami brightened up a little, “but I’ll still miss her because we won’t get to see her. And Kakashi doesn’t even get the chance to know her….”


Izanami thought hard about her new brother. True the reason why her mother was dead is because of Kakashi but it wasn’t his fault. Izanami had already decided not to hate Kakashi but now it was harder not to hate him after seeing her mother.


Sakumo took Izanami out of the room as she thought about Kakashi. Sarutobi was still in the same spot but was now trying to calm a crying child. When Sakumo heard his son’s cries he quickened his pace to get to Sarutobi. Izanami heard his cries too. She just tried to block them out. Sakumo put Izanami down as he took Kakashi back from Sarutobi. Kakashi stopped crying to see who was now holding him. Sleepily, Kakashi pulled out one of his arms to touch Sakumo. Sakumo smiled as his son touched his hand. Then he fell back to sleep. Izanami couldn’t stop staring at Kakashi. Something inside her didn’t what her to look away. As if something inside of her was telling her to love him.