TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Thank You For the Music by Kite

[Reviews - 2]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
THANK YOU FOR THE MUSIC

Prologue: Shinobis of Sound

“ Give up yet?!” Naruto hollered as he tumbled back while rows of kunais hit against the ground.

“Dobe!” Sasuke scathingly muttered and very much tempted to punch the blonde ninja on his empty noggin. But he could not afford to be distracted when enemies surrounded them.

Cornered by four sound ninjas, Team 7 was not looking good. Sasuke’s chakra was seriously depleted and Naruto, despite being a stamina freak, was completely beaten and bruised. Only Sakura fared a little better but she could only do so much.

“Shit! Leaf ninjas incoming.” One of the sound ninjas alerted his group.

“Let’s go!” the team leader shouted and turned to one of the ninjas instructing him to take care of the three genins.

“Kill them then catch up with us!”

The ninja proceeded to execute a stance then was suddenly surrounded by a funky orange light. Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke prepared for the assault, ready to jump behind a large rock and jump on top of a large tree if worse gets to worst.

It happened in a flash. There was a huge explosion then as the hurtled for cover, streaks of strange orange light followed and hit them one by one

There was smoke and debris flying everywhere. When the dust cleared, Kakashi was standing in place where the sound ninja once stood and the gray haired ninja was strangely glowing in orange. In front of him was a split tree trunk.

After a few minutes, the orange light faded away but nevertheless Team seven together with their sensei waited inside the hospital, letting the medic nins inspect any dangerous side effects brought upon by the strange light.


Strangely enough, that explosion or that weird blast hurt no one and after the medical nins have concluded that there was no harmful after-effects, they were sent back to their respective homes.

The sound nin was never captured. In fact the certain ninja was somewhat arguing with one of his teammates.

“What in blazes was that Shinbo?”
“How the hell was I supposed to know?!”
“It’s your bloodline jutsu, you dunce! How could you not damn know?” The other sound ninja was near to tearing hair off.
“Well I did everything right and it came out weird.” The ninja named Shinbo folded his arms in defense.
“Not only was it in a disgustingly happy color of orange, it was harmless “ The sound ninja was almost screaming.” Could not even manage to exterminate a freaking gennin.”

“The tracking thing was cool though.”

“Yeah, it was” The sound ninja almost relented.” Are you sure you had it as boar-horse-dragon-tiger-dog-ram-rooster-snake?”

“No’ Then Shinbo took his time,” It was boar-horse-dragon-tiger boar-horse-dragon-tiger-dog-ram-rooster-snake -dog-ram-rooster-snake.”

“ I believe that was where you screwed up.” The sound ninja concluded.
“ Do not mock me! I should be the best person to know how to do that jutsu.”
“ Damn straight.” His colleague sarcastically commented. Really and they made this guy into a jounin, the sound ninja said to himself. As far as he was concerned, if Sound Village was a fruitcake then the snake kage was the biggest nut topping of them all. Not only does their leader picked random ninjas for lab rats, there was also this issue of skin moultings that freaked him out. However the fringe benefits were great…like dental. Not to mention a curse seal upgrade for every one thousandth enemy nin killed. Kabuto-san really knows how to drive a recruitment campaign.

“ How about I try it again so we’ll get the record straight!”
“ NONONO!! You absolute moron!”
Two seconds later, the surrounding trees were uprooted from their very roots and was turned into charcoal.
Then silence stretched after a minute or two.

“Hey what do you know…Takeo was right all along.”