TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Seasons Change by sasukelover1830

[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer: I don't own any of the Naruto characters.
This isn't my story. I got my friend to write a story and this is how it turned out, which I really like it and I hope you do to. I help with some of the ideas, though. Read and Review.
Sakura sat on a weathered tree stump, her arms folded, tapping her right foot impatiently.
"Where are they?" she wondered out loud, glancing at her watch and groaned audibly. It was 6:35 in the morning and she had groggily rolled out of bed and gotten to the training grounds on time - for once. Seems the only time she put some real effort into getting someplace on time, the rest of her team decided to sleep in for five blissful more minutes.

"Figures," Sakura mumbled to herself, pushing a strand of her pale pink hair out of her emerald eyes. She yawned and stretched her long arms above her head.

‘I'll just wait five more minutes and if they're not here then, I'll catch up on some sleep,’ she thought. Or not. Sakura eased her slim body onto the carpet of grass surrounding the stump and lay down on her back, hands behind her head. She looked up at the sky, and the leaves above her. It was just that time of year when the leaves were beginning to transform into those early autumn hues - fire engine red, brilliant orange, and an indescribable shade of gold. You could just get lost in their beauty, and that's what Sakura was thinking of doing when she closed her eyes gently. It was a deep thought, and it made Sakura tired. She couldn't believe it was still so light this early in the morning.

‘The world is such an enormous place,’ she thought. ‘I'm just a tiny speck of life, a drop of water in a rainstorm.’ She was in that calm space between sleep and consciousness. It was a beautiful feeling when you were aware of it. She was drifting off into a peaceful, quiet slumber...

THUNK.

Sakura was jolted awake and realized that, instinctively, she had rolled over at the noise. Her head was shielded with her arms. A little more aware, she pulled a kunai out of her belt pocket, even though she knew it was probably useless. If the person - whoever it was - was intent on killing her, either she was dead already or would be in a matter of seconds.

‘Well,’ she thought at one glance at the grass beneath her feet, ‘at least I'll die looking like I put up a fight.’ Not like she had been sleeping carelessly in the woods. By herself. In the dark. Ok, she really didn't want to think about this now. She looked up cautiously, scanning the area for attackers. She saw no one. Then her eye caught a flash of blue. A very familiar shade of blue. Still sleep-deprived and disoriented, she couldn't quite put her finger on what made that blue so familiar - until someone spoke.

"You shouldn't be sleeping out here by yourself. You'll get yourself killed."

Sakura spun around, surprised. Sasuke? Her heart gave the slightest flutter, but then she remembered that noise that woke her up in the first place. She spun around to face the stump she had been sleeping in front of. Buried halfway in the bark was a silver shuriken. She looked back at the raven-haired boy. Did he have the tiniest bit of a smile on his face? She looked back at the weapon, back at Sasuke, weapon, Sasuke, weapon, Sasuke.

"Did...at...your - who's...you...YOU!" Sakura stuttered, pointing an accusing finger at Sasuke's chest. His smirk grew wider.

"Wha –? You threw a freaking knife at my HEAD?" Sakura was steaming. Sasuke was still smiling.

“You could have - I mean - ugh!" Sakura was clenching her fists so hard her fingers were white. Sasuke snorted.

"It woke you up, didn't it?" he laughed. Sakura's eyes narrowed. Then she sighed. It was no use fighting him, verbally or physically. She hated admitting defeat, but it was better than being - in a sense - ruthlessly attacked.

Instead, she grumbled, "Way to almost kill me." She stalked over to the stump where the weapon was embedded and tried pulling it out. No use.
It was buried in further than she thought. Bracing her foot on the stump, she pulled on the throwing star as hard as she could. It came out of the wood unexpectedly, making Sakura stumble backwards and almost fall over. Her face turned the color of a ripe tomato, and she looked at her shoes as she handed Sasuke back his shuriken. Sasuke reached out to take back his weapon, and their fingers touched, but too briefly. Sasuke pulled his hand from hers and turned away, his raven hair curtaining any expression on his face. Sakura felt her cheeks grow hot, hand still outstretched. Like always, but wait. She was still holding his shuriken. "You forgot to take your…thing," she said, gritting her teeth.

‘You can't even touch my hand for one freaking second to take back your weapon!’ Sakura wanted to scream. ‘What's wrong with me? Am I that gross? What's my problem?’

She was still venting inside when she realized that Sasuke was watching her with a pained expression on his face.

"Nothing – I – I mean. I’ll take this, sorry," he stumbled over his words. He never lost his composure. Ever. What happened - oh, crap. Had she just said all that stuff she was thinking out loud? Sasuke snatched his shuriken away and sat on the ground several feet away from where Sakura was. No wonder. Sakura sunk to the ground next to the stump and leaned her head against it. Not getting enough sleep can do crazy things to you..



Yeah, as I said in the author's notes (which a lot of people don't usually read....heck, they don't read these much either.....)anyways.....This is my friends story that I helped her with. But it was mostly her.....And I really like it. PLEASE review and we'll get more up ASAP!!