TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


demon flux by kagura111

[Reviews - 1]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The sun beat down as Naruto ran into the yellow fields of grass behind the training area. He had been waiting a whole week for the weather and timing to be just right and he was eager to get down to the business of sleeping in the open fresh air with no one to bother him. He wasn't purposely avoiding training practice; it was just that lately he had been having the oddest feeling about his instructor and teammates since coming back from the Wave Country. He was uncertain about what to call it. This feeling. He finally let himself fall recklessly, his body disappearing into the protective cover of the tall, wavy grass; he plucked a stalk and chewed on it, staring into the sky. Soon he closed his eyes and listened, to the soft noises of the insects and of the breeze.

Suddenly a chill came over him and he felt shaken to his very bones. He got up and looked around, but he saw nothing out of place, just an empty grassy field. He was about to plop back down when he saw it, wavy lines just out of his angle of vision, disrupting the surface of the horizon like ripples on a lake. He shook his head and looked again, no; it was still there, so he began to walk towards it hesitantly, still unsure of what it was and if he really was seeing anything at all. He was about to stop just short of five feet of the phenomenon, which had become much more defined as he neared it , when suddenly it seemed to come to life , peeling back and swallowing him into darkness.

~Meanwhile in the village~

"I can't seem to find him anywhere" puffed Iruka as he came up to Kakashi, Sakura and Sasuke at Ichiraku Noodle Bar. "And I even went to Lord Hokage who admitted he was worried."

Iruka plopped down in a chair and rested his head in his hands, tired from his extensive search of all Naruto's known haunts and hiding places.

"It is worrisome, indeed" said Kakashi "I had wanted to ask him today why he seemed much more subdued than usual".

Iruka looked up at that comment and then frowned, "I don't know if that would've done you any good, although I am not sure why he was acting so strangely, I did get the impression it had to do with you and the team." He stood up as he finished speaking and was still for a moment staring at nothing. Then he shook his head saying, "I know he's okay, I just know it." He then turned and headed out into the night.


~On Earth~

Naruto slowly woke up, the sound of voices bouncing around in his ears, and he tried to open his eyes but even when he blinked, he could make out nothing of the blurry blobs in front of him. The voices soon became clearer however.

"He looks like he was hit by a car"

"Oh, knock it off Hiei! Hey, "little boy" can you hear me? Hello?"

Naruto felt someone poking his arm, and he tried to move in response but his whole body was stiff.

"Kurama, why do you want to bother with him? These filthy humans will figure out he's hurt and help him."

"Hiei!" the other voice said again, more commanding this time.

Naruto then felt arms lift him up into a sitting position, his back supported as well, and he felt even more like giving some indication that he was aware of them. He attempted to speak. He found it was easier than trying to move.

"I can't see very well, and I can't move, where am I?"

Kurama let out a relieved sigh and looked at his dark haired companion, "He isn't from around here Hiei, just look at his clothes! I am actually worried about the implications of leaving him alone with just anyone, do you see this?" Kurama pointed to Naruto's face and hands, "These red flushed marks on his skin, and they only happen under extreme duress, you know, the kind..." He trailed off as he looked to his left where people had begun to gather and glance curiously at the group.

"caused by realm portals" Hiei finished, his face betraying no emotion. "Very well I will give you some credit for noticing that, but let's get out of here, and take him to Yusuke's". Kurama nodded his agreement, picking Naruto up and following his companion quickly and discreetly as they walked away from the open environment of the park towards the complex of buildings a few blocks away.

By the time they had reached the front of the building, Naruto's vision had cleared and he felt as though his strength had returned enough to ask Kurama to set him down. Kurama did so, helping him to sit on the curb of the sidewalk. Naruto then gazed from one to the other as they likewise looked at him. Kurama had long, flowing, red hair and was very tall compared to Hiei and himself. Kurama reminded Naruto immediately of Haku, his face much more attractive in some respects than any girls. Hiei, on the other hand was a short, black-haired, and rather pensive looking fellow, who somewhat remind Naruto of Sasuke.

Kurama soon addressed him saying, "Are you feeling better?" Is there anything I can do for you? May I ask you, your name?"

Hiei gave a grunt and walked a little bit behind Naruto, but Naruto didn't move because he felt that the black haired boy was watching him very closely.

Naruto licked his lips and began, "My name is Uzumaki Naruto, and I am a ninja from the village Konohagakure" He looked around him and then back at Kurama "I am not even close to Konohagakure, am I?"

Kurama smiled, "No and if my hunch is correct, you aren't even in the same physical realm." Naruto's eyes widened "But don't worry" Kurama hurriedly added, "We should be able to find some way of returning you home." Coming from behind him, Hiei grunted again and moved to stand next to Kurama. Naruto suddenly felt very lost and alone. He hoped that he indeed fallen into the best possible hands, people that knew how to help him return home. Kurama looked up at the large building and said, "The only reason we haven't gone to Yusuke's yet is ." he paused "I don't know how exactly to explain you to Yusuke's mother" He and Hiei both seemed to shuffle uncomfortably for a few minutes, and Naruto decided to kill time by looking at the ground.

"I swear I have never seen such a droopy looking bunch of hags in my life, what the hell are you guys doing?!?"