TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Cigarette Smoke by WarlordJEREK

[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I DO NOT OWN NARUTO.
Asuma looked up at the sky. It was blue and so many clouds filled it. Birds flapped their wings and flew across it without a care in the world. They didn't know of death. They only knew to fly and eat and build nests. Death wasn't in their mind. So they didn't fear death. And Asuma hadn't feared death either. Not after all the pain he'd had to endure. No, Asuma no longer feared death. The pain was already beganing to dissapear. As if a magician was making it go away. He sniffed the air and smelled fresh air. He wished that he could have smelled more of that fresh air. He wished that before he went, he could have smelled that good, clean air. Shikamaru, Ino, and Chouji are above him all of the sudden. They are all about to cry. Ino even tries to use some of her medical jutsu on him, but Asuma tells her that there's no point. That it's all worthless. It would just be a waste of time and chakra. Even if he didn't die right at this moment, he was going to die sometime in the next few minutes, whether she prevented it or not. Ino looks surprised at first. Then she closes her eyes and tries to supress her tears. Chouji is on the verge of tears as well. Shikamaru is the only one doing any good hiding his emotions. But Asuma can still see his sadness all over his face. He can see it in his eyes mainly. He even looks past his eyes and sees it in his sole. Asuma cracks a smile at all of them and tells them what they're worth. He tells Ino that she is a great medical ninja and not to let Sakura surpass her. He tells Chouji that he is very kind and will always be a good friend. And last but not least, Asuma gives Shikamaru his credit as well. He tells Shikamaru that he would be a wonderful ninja someday. But then he changes his mind quickly and tells him that he already is. Shikamaru is really fighting to hold back the tears now. Asuma breathed in the fresh air one more time and told Shikamaru to hand him a smoke. Shikamaru puts the cigarette in his mouth and lights it. Asuma inhales it and then breathes out through his nose. He then begans to think about Konohamaru. He no longer has a grandfather or an uncle. But he will soon learn that death is the price a ninja pays to truly become a great shinobi. Asuma knows that he wasn't that great of a shinobi. He knows that he only died because it was the only way. But then he thinks again. Does facing your own death just to protect others make you a great shinobi? His father had done it and he was one of the greatest shinobi ever. The Yondaime had done it, and he is the greatest shinobi ever. Asuma dosen't have time to answer that question, because now the darkness is coming.

Sarutobi Asuma closes his eyes, but just before he fades, he feels one final tear on his cheek.