TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Risen by Skye Parlot

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto, the characters, show, anything. This story, however, IS mine, with no intent of infringing whatsoever. So just read and enjoy.
A Prophecy Extracted

“It is said that when the Great Demon is sealed away, the Fates of Heaven will deliver down an Angel to serve the purposes of its Awakener, a Risen Spirit among humans. When risen, the Fallen Angel will fight for the cause of it’s protectors, whether it brings life or death to the land. Its love will bring it to life, and it’s hatred will deliver its purposes to the land.”

“Sheer foolishness,” snorted the regal man holding the scroll in his hands, eyes skimming over the written prophecy once more checking to see if he read it correctly. He rolled up the scroll quickly and threw it back in the direction of the doorway, which was about twenty feet directly behind him, where another, older man with a cane, stood with a younger apprentice.

“I wouldn’t call it foolishness, General,” replied the man with the cane. “The Fates have never been know to be wrong.” The young man next to him nodded in approval. General Takeno turned to face them in full dissuasion.

“It’s been nearly 15 years since the Kyuubi was sealed away, and there have been no reports of this Angel or Spirit or whatever you wish to call it. Their continent is still flourishing while ours is still economically dependant and struggling to get by.”

“The war was a century ago,” remarked the young man in the doorway. “We’re not THAT bad off anymore…”

“Can it, Atsuke.” Sneered General Takeno. “The war with the North still crippled us, nonetheless.” He took a step in the direction of the two men and dropped his head low. “Though I’ll admit it was our ancestors’ faults for trying to liberate the powers of the North, I cannot forgive what was done to our leaders and to our main cities and ports. A lot of innocent people lost their lives..”

“I understand that, sir.” The older man limped forward on his cane and cleared his throat. “That is why I have come to you with the reminder of this prophecy, my Lord. Our venegance may very well be written on this scroll, that is, if you believe in it..”

“Come on now, Shiro..” The General paused, and looked up at Shiro with his dark red eyes glaring. “Are you telling me that we can awaken this Fallen Angel? That’s preposterous!” The General paced to the right now, stepping in the light of the hanging lanterns in the underground room. It was a dark, stone room far from the reaches of any sunlight. Takeno stood now proud in his military vest: a redcoat decorated in many badges, and black pants lined with a thin white stripe going down either end. Over his left shoulder, a black cape draped down almost to his knees, barely covering his stocky but muscular build. Sheathed and help along his belt was a sword which has seen many battles and countless victories.

Shiro, the dark conspiring scientist stepped in the direction of Takeno, his long white lab coat seeming to add extra light into the dimmed room. From his knees down, his work pants are visible, though tattered and ripped along the bottom, and in his left hand, a black cane with a dragon’s head for the top. He brushes his long grey hair back from his face and adjusts his glasses. “Most certainly,” he replies. “The Fallen Angel will fight for our cause, as it is written. It will bring death and tragedy to those who have brought it to our ancestors and who have brought struggle and pain to us.” Takeno’s eyes now locked on the mad scientist, who now smirked knowing he had the full attention of the most powerful man on the southern continent. “For fifteen years now, General, I’ve thought of this prophecy. I’ve asked myself if it could possibly work, if it could possibly bring justice to this wretched homeland of ours. I’ve weighed out every option, every outcome, and the reward seems all too fantastic to pass it up.”

“Are…” Takeno’s eyes widened with a sense of fear he rarely shows to anyone. “Are you sure… I mean, how…. I mean… we don’t even know where to look!”

“Ah, but we do,” snickered Shiro as he opened his right hand and held it out in front of him. Looking down into it, the glare off of his glasses flared up and shot across the room towards Takeno’s face. “I’ve done some research on the demon, the Kyuubi, and it’s history of appearances. My guess is that when it was sealed away, the Fates would have brought the Angel down in the same area in order to protect the people.”

“So you’re saying we have to search the Northern Continent?” Takeno inquired.

“Not we, my Lord.” Shiro turned his head to his apprentice and nodded. Young Atsuke nodded in return and ran off, out of the room.”

“Where’s he off to?” the General asked.

“To bring you the answer to your problems, General. Now, let me give you this proposition.” Shiro hobbled himself over to Takeno and places a hand on his shoulder. “You’re the General, the leader of this continent. You’re picking this sorry place up and back on its feet. Economically, we’ve almost fully recovered from the war in the 18 years you’ve been in power. You’ve been given an opportunity to relieve the stress of our homeland. Rid the pains and sufferings of our people and their generations of hardships.” A small smirk reached the general’s lips. “You’d be a living legend, the one who picked Kyoko off of its God-forsaken feet and developed it into one of the leading powers of the world.”

“So, what are you saying, my friend..?” Asked the General, eyes locked onto the mad scientist.

“Our forefathers tried to liberate the countries of the world with a united power, working together under one rule. This is your chance to bring their hopes to life. Use the power that’s been given to you. The Angel will serve and protect you, and bring you power beyond your wildest dreams.” Shiro laughed. “Can you imagine such a power in our hands? The feeling must be incredible! Such strength, such limitless, such perfection! How can you not feel it running through your body even now??”

General Takeno laughed to himself. “It’s amazing… you’re right. This is our chance. This is our time! To avenge our ancestors, to bring unity to this damned planet, and to rule with a force so convincing, noone would DARE oppose it.” He laughed louder. “Tell me, though, my dear friend,” he turned to Shiro with a kneiving smile on his face. “How could we possibly find this Spirit?”

“Like I said,” Shiro said, motioning towards the doorway. “Leave it to me.”

They both turned and saw Atsuke in the doorway with a shadow of a man lurking behind him. The veiled character was almost six feet in height, and appeared to be rather thin and lanky underneath his apparel. He wore a black t-shirt with black pants and shoes, and he covered himself in a body-long black cape; in fact, the only visible part of him was his face, clean and young, and his piercing, sky blue eyes, which stood out behind a curtain of long black shoulder-length hair, which he let drop messily across his head.

“This is Minaya Kaelu, a young, experienced master of the ninja technique.”

“Kaelu, huh?” Takeno studied him up and down. “Doesn’t look like much of a ninja to me.” Kaelu’s blue eyes now focused in on the weary General. “You got a problem, boy?” The young mercenary didn’t respond.

Shiro cleared his throat. “I hired him to work his way through the Northern Continent and seek out the one who fits the prophecy.”

“And just how will he do that?” Retorted Takeno. Shiro just smiled and cackled softly to himself.

“Brute… Force…” he said slowly, catching the attention of everyone except the hired assassin. “Kaelu is fearless and more importantly, merciless. He will tear the villages apart, killing whoever he needs to in order to provoke the forces of the Angel, and once he digs into their heart, he will have Awakened it, and have brought it into our power.”

“Are you sure you know what you’re doing, Shiro? I’m putting a lot of faith into your plan. If this fails, it could ruin us.”

“There will be no failure, my Lord,” assured Shiro. “Tomorrow marks the beginning of a new movement in Kyoko’s history. The rising of our nation is soon to be.” He turned around and, limping on his cane, he exited the room between Kaelu and Atsuke, stopping in the doorway. Without looking back to the General, he laughed. Takeno froze in place, somewhat scared of his new partner.

“Tomorrow, we leave for our first target..” The three then turned and left the room, the sinister old man finishing his final proclamation as he disappeared into the darkness.

“.. Konoha Village..”