TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11987
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Hdidh
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Amidst the Leaves by gureamusaimon

[Reviews - 2]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Keikon stepped towards his opponent. His steps were slow; there was no need to hurry. He felt a mild curiosity. He had never seen Mimito Setsu in battle before. He was known as weak at Hangyukunin, but Keikon knew that everyone had something that made them unique. That was what he believed. Keikon felt a twinge of hope for Setsu, but nothing more. He knew the match would not be a challenge
Setsu took a deep breath and readied for an attack. Damn it. I don’t have any time to waste. If he uses 'that' jutsu, it’ll be over. Setsu didn’t waste a second. He began with his best jutsu. He quickly formed the proper seals. Ram-Boar-Ox-Dog-Snake. “Konoha Bunshin no Jutsu!” It succeeded, and three clones of Setsu appeared, fanning out around Keikon. Each one pulled a kunai from their belt. All four aimed at their target. The taller ninja remained calm; his smile had disappeared.
Araya smiled. “Setsu has the advantage now, Darba-sensei.” The older ninja shook his head.
“Advantage? The clones aren’t the only illusion.” Araya focused on those words before turning back to the match. The four images of Setsu all threw their kunai. Four blades sailed directly towards the pale ninja. Araya knew that there could only be one real Setsu, and therefore only one real kunai. Three would be fakes, but one could really hit. Some of the other students gasped as all four struck. Keikon remained as still as ice as the four kunai hit his chest and with a pwof and turned into four leaves.
“He knew. All four were fakes and he knew. So the real Setsu is…”
“Where else?” Darba-sensei stated.
Pwof. From above Keikon’s head, a cluster of leaves floated. From the middle of those leaves came Setsu, with two blades in his hands. He was putting everything into that one move. Setsu knew he needed to make that strike. He came down, inches away from Keikon’s head.
Without an awkward jerk or any wasted motion, the icy ninja turned and swayed, using both hands to lock on to Setsu’s oncoming wrists. He continued his spin, causing the falling ninja’s arms to cross, eventually twisting him completely and guiding him right into the ground. The attack failed, but Keikon wasn’t done. He kept his grip on both of Setsu’s wrists and pulled him to his feet. Setsu grunted from the pain of two wrist locks. He couldn’t get away as a freezing sensation began to set in. Soon enough, pain became numbness and a strange cold took over Setsu’s wrists and forearms. A strong kick from Keikon booted him away and broke the hold.
Setsu got to his knees and looked at both his wrists. They were bent at awkward angles, as far as they could go without breaking. Worse though, they were locked in place, numb and stiff. Setsu’s eyes widened at the sight of his useless hands. Th-this guy! No way! His hands are like ice! Keikon showed no smile. His hands rose and with tremendous speed, began forming seals. A moment later, he vanished.
Araya looked about frantically for him. He couldn’t see him anywhere. He saw only Setsu in the ring, his hands bent strangely. “Sensei! What’s happened!?”
Darba sighed and uncrossed his arms. “Keikon has locked his hands, making any jutsu impossible. Even taijutsu seems unlikely now. Keikon is waiting to finish this off.”
“But Darba-sensei! Where is Keikon!?” Darba tapped on his student’s shoulder and pointed to the middle of the ring, beside Setsu.
“Focus, Araya. Kill your emotion and you’ll see through it.” Araya tried to do what Darba-sensei said. He stared towards Setsu and calmed his mind. He saw through the genjutsu. At first it was just a flicker, but then a clear image appeared. Keikon stood tall over Setsu’s slumped body, preparing to make the final strike. Araya wanted to call out to his friend, but he knew it would make no difference. The match was over.
Keikon thrust down an open palm and gripped Setsu’s forehead. Setsu thrashed around in shock, but to no avail. Keikon made no seals and performed no jutsus; he simply held his grip and pulled Setsu up to his feet.
“Gaaah!” the young ninja shouted out. An intense cold was pumping into his head. His face felt cold, his head hurt, his brain even hurt. Everything became numb and cold and soon…black. Araya watched Keikon’s hand release and Setsu fall to the ground. His body lay unconscious in the tall grass.
The examiner entered the middle of the ring and stared at Setsu for a moment. “Hmph. Victory goes to Doraiya Keikon.” A few students clapped and a few instructors spoke among themselves. Keikon just stared down with gentle, white brows. He felt the slightest twinge of concern.