TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Amidst the Leaves by gureamusaimon

[Reviews - 2]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: The first of many chapter in my oingoing Naruto story.
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters of the Naruto manga. My own characters are all of my own creation, and do not infringe upon anything other than the original manga story, owned by Masashi Kishimoto. Uhh...is that a good disclaimer?

Chapter 1: The First Match!

Wind rustled the tall grass. Setsu and Araya waited with the rest of the Hangyukunin students. The instructors stood in the middle of the fighting area. It was a wide, circular ring with wooden fence posts as a border. There were twenty four young ninja in all; everyone was waiting for the matches to be called. The instructors would decide who would be fighting whom, and in what order. After the teachers spoke to one another in conference, one raised both his hands in the air, signaling that the matches would begin. It was Darba-sensei. He addressed all the ninjas as the other instructors took their positions at the edge of the ring.
“Alright! You punks had better be ready!” he shouted out in his rough, loud voice. “The losers here will get double shifts down in the quarry! The winners will get taken up to the Utsaru for higher training. Don’t give up without a fight! I’ll announce the matches now. Up first will be…Doraiya Keikon!
Setsu shifted his stance. “Him? That guy creeps me out!” The young ninja got a shiver just by looking Keikon.
“Beh! He’s not so tough. I’ll kick his ass if my name gets called.” Araya pounded one fist into an open palm. Araya and Setsu were the two students that trained under Mayamoha Darba. While Setsu struggled under his tutelage, Araya flourished; he became more and more like his teacher as the months went on.
Darba’s rough shout broke through their words. “Mimito Setsu!” The young ninja’s face made a disturbed twitch. “Me?” Setsu glanced over to his opponent. The elder ninja’s face was calm. He smiled to Setsu. It wasn’t an arrogant smile, though. That actually would’ve been more assuring. Keikon made the only expression he ever made, a frail, hopeful smile that bore a touch of compassion, or maybe sadness. It was what made him really creepy. Setsu shivered again. Damn it. Why does he have to stare at me like that?
“Don’t worry Setsu, you can beat him. He’s just a punk. You’ve got everything Darba-sensei taught us. Just don’t let that guy use his tricks on you.
“I…I don’t know…he’s…”
“Beh! Don’t wuss out! Just watch this.” Araya took a few steps forward and cupped his hands around his mouth.
“Hey! Keikon! You’re going down! My pal Setsu’s gonna kick your ass you lanky bastard!” The young ninja turned back to Setsu with a smile on his face. “See? That’s called confidence. That’s all you need…that and what Darba-sensei has shown you.”
All the other young ninjas glared at the two of them with either confusion or contempt. Setsu stared blankly at his partner. Confidence? More like stupidity. Araya, you bastard!
Darba was returning from the center of the ring, where Keikon waited. He stopped by Setsu and leaned down to speak with him.
“Alright, Setsu, be confident. Try your best and you can win!”
“But why do I have to go first? And why against him, Darba-sensei!? He’s one of the strongest students in Hangyukunin!”
“Bah! That doesn’t matter. Try your best!”
“What!? You expect me to win against him!? What kind of sensei are you!?” Mimito Setsu knew he couldn’t win against Keikon. The icy looking ninja was three years his senior, and was far above him in ability.
“Setsu, you’re starting to piss me off. I asked Keikon’s teacher for this fight because you need the experience. You should be thanking me.”
“Thanking you!? I’m going to get a beating from that guy!”
“Good. You need a beating. It’s been a while since I’ve seen you bruised. Bruises are gifts, Setsu, each one a valuable lesson.” Sestsu fumed, staring into the dark eyes of his sensei with anger and confusion. “Don’t mope, kid. This will make you stronger.”
Setsu couldn’t didn’t hold in his frustration. “Sadist!”
“Coward!” Darba shot back.
“Psycho!”
“Weakling!! Stop embarrassing me and go get him!” With a shove from his strong arms, the sensei knocked his student within a few steps of Keikon. Keikon looked at Setsu and smiled faintly.
“Hey,” he said quietly. Setsu shivered. Is it getting cold?

Mayamoha Darba joined Araya. “Sensei! I’m glad to see you have such faith in Setsu that you’d face him against Keikon! I just know he’ll win!”
Darba sighed deeply and crossed his arms. “No, he won’t.”
Araya paused with confusion. “Wha- what? What do you mean?”
“Setsu doesn’t have a chance against Keikon. I know he’ll be beaten, but it’s something he needs. He doesn’t have your drive, Araya. He’s not tough and determined like you. He needs a few bruises…and some anger. That will toughen him.” Araya stared at Mayamoha Darba in awe and surprise. The method was harsh, but the young ninja had faith in his sensei.
He turned back to Setsu and Keikon. The two stood almost face to face in the center of the ring. All the other students and instructors of Hangyukunin Academy waited around the edge of the circle, leaning against or sitting on the wooden fence that formed the border. Setsu’s face was irked. He was clearly afraid, busier doubting himself than trying to think of a plan. Keikon was calm as always, only showing the slightest smile on his face. Araya understood Setsu’s concern. Keikon was strong, and kind of creepy. He always spoke softly and wore that strange smile in his matches. It was as if he was trying to show concern for Setsu, but instead just made him more afraid.
Keikon had the height advantage. He was long and thin, agile, but not weak. He wore a loose white cloak that draped over his upper body and ragged, brown pants that hung from his waist. What made him stand out, aside from his height, was his hair. It was pure white, like snow. His eyes were a pale grey. His skin was fair and pale as well. No wonder he’s so quiet and strange, it’s like he’s had the colour sucked out from him.
Sestu stood noticeably shorter. He wore black shorts, a white shirt, and a dark green, open shirt over top. His hair was dark brown and rustled, as if the opposite of the long, straight, colourless hair of Keikon. Setsu was scrawny, Araya admitted. He wasn’t that strong, or particularly fast. His ninjutsu was probably below average. He was crafty though. Araya hoped that Setsu could figure that out before Keikon began his attack. As quiet and meek as Keikon appeared, he was ruthlessly efficient in battle. His jutsus were strange and dominant. Araya clenched his fist. Don’t crap out, Setsu!
Setsu took a deep breath and cracked his knuckles. Keikon just smiled, his white eyebrows arching upwards gently. Is he showing concern? Or pity? The two faced each other and an examiner waved his hand. “Begin.”