TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


For Him by niveaus

[Reviews - 5]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer: I don't own the characters or events referred to in this.
I stand in front of the mirror, watching the reflection of the clock on the wall behind me in the smooth surface. Five past ten the reflection shows – almost two o’ clock. I will have to begin soon, or he’ll be back from the Academy before I finish. The timing has to be just right. I look over to the sword leaning against the wall by my door. It has already tasted the blood of its own people. That death was for me.

These deaths are for him.




I became an ANBU captain not long ago, and realised that at the young age of thirteen, still far from my maximum potential, I had attained all that this village had to offer me. I was still so bored, so unbelievably bored, and conscious with every day that passed that I was wasting my life. I knew I could be so much more, that I could have value to the world, significance. That I could be something. Not like the others. All around me I saw them living their plain ordinary lives, valueless to everyone but themselves and each other. And it pained me to know that one day soon I would become like them. One of the greater members of our clan, yes, but still nothing.

And one day, so would he.




It was a hard decision. I’m not evil. I love my family, my clan, as much as anyone, perhaps more. But I know what they refuse to see. That their lives are absolutely meaningless. My best friend. I still want to break down when I think of it, the hurt surprise in his face, the cold splash as he fell lifeless into the river. But I know that he understands now, now that he has gone beyond. That he understands that I had to do it, for him as much as for me. We both knew I was the one who could do it. And if it hadn’t been me, if it had been him who had that potential, I would have been the one floating with my hurt, surprised face up in the river. But, I would have understood afterwards, like he does.

Like they all will.




I could not continue living this empty game of charades, pretending the missions, pretending the village were important. Pretending the clan was important. I know. They’re only important if you make them important, just as I will only be important if I give my life meaning. In a sense, I’m doing the clan a favour. They will be forever remembered as the clan that was sacrificed to create me.

And to create him.




It will hurt him. I know how much it will hurt him, because it will hurt me as much. It is already hurting me. He will weep at first, he will not understand. But eventually, he will be grateful. For I also, I am a sacrifice for him. My life is beginning to have meaning, to affect people beyond the clan, but it will be nothing compared to his. By the time he has the power to kill me, he will be the greatest ninja the world has ever seen. I will make sure of that, because, I will be the second greatest. And our clan will have given birth to and been sacrificed for that purpose. And on that day our clan will have attained meaning. I will have attained meaning.

And he will have attained meaning.




People will call me cruel, heartless, evil even, but I am doing this out of love for my brother. I have no casual love of violence. In fact I hate unnecessary bloodshed. But I cannot see his life be wasted as mine is being. And if the life of the person being killed has no meaning, it is as if the death never happened. The only person to whom it will have meaning when all are dead, is him.




I look back at the reflection of the clock. Time has clicked backwards to ten o’ clock. Two o’ clock. I have one hour to set the stage, to plant the seeds. For I am not a reaper, not a killer. He is the reaper. I bring life, and one day he will reap the rewards. And on that day, looking back from the next world, I will be truly happy.




My part in this charade will soon be over for now. But I will be back for the final scene.