TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Whispers by ANBUlover

[Reviews - 6]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or any other affiliated characters from the world of Kishimoto Masashi.
Whispers
By: Kiri-chan


Authoress Note: Yo everyone! This fic starts after Naruto returns to Konoha after the failed attempt to rescue Sasuke. So, if you haven’t read that far, don’t read this yet!

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or any other affiliated characters from the world of Kishimoto Masashi. I am just playing in the sandbox. I will put everything back when I am done.

For those of you who can’t figure it out:
“talking” “Demon talking”
‘thoughts’ ‘Demon thinking’
Flashbacks

Chapter 1:

‘I wish I could do it again. I wish this had never happened.’
As Naruto sat on top of the Fourth’s head he reached up and touched his cheek where Sakura had slapped him earlier that day for not bringing Sasuke back. It was still red. He sighed as he looked out over the lights of Konoha and thought back to all the missions they had done so far. Images of himself and Sasuke flashed though his head almost faster than he could see them. The time when they had helped each other with tree climbing, when Sasuke had to help him to the hospital after he messed up on a mission, when the sat down and ate meals as a team together, and when they fought. He brain froze at the look on Sasuke’s face when he activated Level 2 of his curse seal. The difference was shocking. No one should look like that, at least no one human.
‘Sasuke, why did you have to leave? I can’t take it now, Sakura hates me, Kakashi is moping about because he lost his favorite student. No one cares anymore.’
Naruto thoughts kept spiraling down as he looked over the city he had grown up in. ‘Now they will probably all blame me for not being able to bring him back,’ he thought as pictures of the villagers sneers and glares filled his mind. Sometimes he wished he couldn’t remember all of the stares and smirks of the villagers. Even though they made him who he was, he just wanted to forget them all.
His eyes lit up as he got an idea. He reached into himself and pulled some chakra towards his brain. He started to try and locate all of the memories of the everything the villagers had done to him and he was going to erase them. He was going to force himself to live a happy life.
“You know it won’t work kit.” A voice whispered in his head.
He pushed the voice aside, he didn’t care, he just wanted to forget it all. Even if it didn’t work and he died, at least he wouldn’t have to live with glares of the villagers anymore.
His eyes darkened as he reached into himself further and further to try and get to the part of himself where the memories of all those things were stored. He wanted to get rid of all of them. He wanted all of those memories to go away. He wished it all had never happened. He pulled more and more of himself out as he searched deeper and deeper. Slowly, his chakra started to leak out of him, he was forcing everything outside as he tried in desperation to rid himself of all that had happened.

Inside of his stomach, a nine-tailed demon screamed in agony as his chakra was forcefully ripped from his body. Red light danced around Naruto’s body as he slowly began to rise up off the ground due to the immense pressure of the chakra surrounding him. The red storm continued growing every second and reaching higher and higher before splitting off near the top to form a giant red cross of chakra. The anger emitted from the chakra was overwhelming and everyone inside Konoha felt it.
From the middle of the storm Naruto’s body shook and his eyes freely let loose the tears that had been building up for years, as they flowed down his face, the chakra grew even brighter and stronger before suddenly, everything went black.

“Die Demon!” was the first thing that Naruto heard as he opened his eyes and instinctively dodged to the right to avoid the knife that was heading down towards his head. He looked up and saw an old woman standing where he used to be holding a knife and slowly turning towards him again. Her eyes were filled with hatred and she lunged towards him again. He dodged to the right again and swung his leg out as he passed to trip her up and as she fell down he quickly jumped up and ran out his door.
Only to run smack into someone. He looked up and saw an ANBU mask above him. He scuttled backwards into his apartment. He felt killer intent behind him and once again he dodged the knife that was plunging down towards his head. The lead ANBU member reached out and grabbed the old lady by the hand before swinging her around and into the custody of one of his team mates.
The ANBU looked down at Naruto a moment before making a few hand signals and the ANBU holding the old lady in place jumped off while another one leapt off in the direction of the Hokage tower.
“Are you alright?” the ANBU asked him as he reached out his hand to Naruto.
Naruto looked up at the man before slowly reaching out and grabbing the hand offered to him. He pulled himself up and looked into the wolf mask of the ANBU captain.
A minute later and the ANBU that had jumped off to the Hokage’s tower returned with the 3rd in tow.
“Naruto, what happened?” the Hokage asked the small boy in front of him.

‘Old Man Hokage!’ Naruto stared at the man in front of him in shock. This couldn’t be the old man. He had been killed by the snake man. He belatedly wondered what he had done to himself when he had channeled all of that chakra.
“I don’t really remember ojiichan. The lady just suddenly attacked me.” Naruto said as he looked up in the face of the man he considered a grandfather.
“Well, I’m sorry Naruto, I thought I had finally found you a new guardian. I guess in the meantime, I will assign another ANBU to guard you till I find you a new guardian.
“Why do a need a guardian ojiichan?” Naruto asked.
“Naruto, you are only 6, you need someone else here. I have already explained this to you many times already.” The 3rd sighed as he turned to talk to the wolf ANBU.
‘I’m 6...’ Naruto’s thoughts trailed off, still stuck on that one phrase.
“Congratulations kit. You’re wish to redo it all somehow allowed you travel back in time thanks to my immense chakra supply, which I will let you know, is nearly depleted. I also did not appreciate it when you forcefully ripped the chakra from me!”
‘Kyuubi? What are you talking about?’ Naruto asked the demon.
“I am talking about when you were sitting on top of the Hokage’s head and had the wonderful idea to repress your memories so you could start over. Using chakra on the brain is very tricky and you probably just pulled out one of your bad memories from when you were young and the chakra focused in on it and transported you here. In the process, you pulled almost all of my chakra from me in order to try your silly little stunt. Even after I warned you.” The demon finished.
‘Really? I didn’t know I could do that.’ Naruto looked at the demon with a blank stare.
“Probably you are the only one who could do it due to the immense chakra supply you harbor thanks to me. I have heard of other ninja being able to go back in time about 6 seconds to redo something, but that is a very rare ability.”
‘Oh, and I basically magnified the effect to bring me here to when I was 6! Like what I do with Kage Bunshin (Shadow Clone), I get it now!’ Naruto shouted out in his head.
“Finally.” ‘Although the Kage Bunshin thing is most likely due to a lack of control.’ Inside his cage, the Kyuubi sweat dropped.
The Hokage’s voice brought Naruto back out of his thoughts. “Naruto, I have arranged for you to have Wolf stay with you for the time being until I can find another guardian for you.”
“Why can’t he just stay here the whole time?” Naruto asked.
‘Kit, what are you planning?’ The nine-tails said as he looked at Naruto’s thoughts.
“Because he is an ANBU member and he needs to be able to go on missions for Konoha.”
“But isn’t guarding me like at least a B rank mission due to all the assassination attempts. So, wouldn’t it be okay to have him stay here incase something happens.” Naruto asked as he looked up at the Hokage with puppy dog eyes.
The Hokage sweat dropped and replied, “Well, I guess you are right…” ‘I wonder how he knows what the different levels of assignments are, I never explained it to him.’ “I would still like to have you have a proper guardian who can take care of you.”
“What happens if like a ninja attacked me and my guardian had to die? Then what? Plus, how do you know that the next one won’t try and kill me too? I hate them all! None of them actually care about me! I just want someone that can stay with me all the time instead of changing every time they try and kill me!” Naruto’s voice stretched with all of the emotion he was putting into his sentences. He allowed his eyes to fill with tears as he slowly worked the 3rd Hokage.
“Well…” ‘I never thought what he had been going though all this time was that bad. He is just a child though, maybe I should assign him Wolf for a while…’ The Hokage’s thoughts spun around the idea for a while. ‘At least till I can find someone more permanent.’
“Very well, Wolf, until further notice you are appointed guardian of Uzumaki Naruto.”
“Understood Hokage-sama.” Wolf replied as he stepped further inside the room to take position up beside Naruto. Inside Naruto’s mind, he was dancing a little dance as a very perplexed fox demon looked on.

“So, what’s your name Wolf-kun?” Naruto asked the masked figure who was standing on the other side of the kitchen from where Naruto was making ramen.
“…”
“… gosh, you’re worse than Shino…” Naruto muttered under his breath as he turned back towards his ramen. The timer on the kitchen table went off and Naruto dived towards his ramen with a giant shout. Wolf instantly got into an attack position at the yell. He looked slowly over at Naruto , who in that time was now on his 3rd bowl of ramen.

After Naruto finished all 10 cups of ramen, he headed into his bedroom and changed the sheets. He then got out some extra blankets and worked to drag a chair into his room from the living room so Wolf could sleep easier.
As he finished he turned around and looked the ANBU straight in the face before stating, “I don’t care what you say, that chair over there is for you to sleep in. My floor is not very soft and you can still be in the same as me if you need to be. Also, you do know how to sleep don’t you?”
The wolf masked ANBU member looked with amusement at his young charge before nodding his head. With that affirmative, Naruto climbed into his bed after changing into his pajamas. Wolf started at Naruto for a little while before settling down in the chair that Naruto had put there.

Naruto woke up as the sun rose above the horizon and lit up his room. He stretched before looking over to where Wolf was supposed to be. ‘Hmm…wonder where he went.’ Naruto thought sleepily before getting out of bed and heading to his bathroom. After showering and getting dressed he headed out to the kitchen to get breakfast. Once he got there he found a bowl of fruit sitting on the table.
‘This can’t be good.’ Naruto thought as he glared at the offending object.
“Kit, why is there a bowl of fruit on your table? Last I knew, you hated fruit.” Kyuubi said as he woke up from inside his container.
‘I do.’ Naruto slowly approached the bowl and stared at it before launching a kunai at the wire just in front of it.
Naruto suddenly jumped back from the rain of fruit that came from the ceiling. Naruto glared at it before hopping up on the wall and walking across to the cabinet where he stored his ramen. There was a note waiting on the counter. It said: As long as you are in my care, you will earn to eat properly.
Wolf

He looked up at his ramen cabinet and noticed a small seal there. Not willing to take anymore chances, he put a small amount of chakra into his hand and broke the hinges of the cabinet so he could open it from the other side.
After breakfast, Naruto looked up and saw Wolf standing on the other side of the pile of fruit looking at him.
“What?” Naruto asked the ANBU member as he just stood. Wolf just stood there before shrugging and pulling out a small orange book.
“HENTAI!” Naruto yelled at him as he launched himself over the piles of fruit and grabbed the book out of the startled ANBU’s hands. “You read Ero-sennin’s books too! How many perverts are there in the world!” He then attempted to toss the book out the window but was stopped when Wolf grabbed the book from him and hopped back.
Unknown to the ANBU member, he had just hopped onto a small trip wire that Naruto had put there after the fruit incident. Wolf had just enough time to look up before he was splattered with orange paint.
When he had finished wiping as much of the paint off as he could, he looked back at the small boy who was currently laughing his ass off on the floor. “That (laugh) was for (laugh) the (laugh) fruit!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please excuse my pathetic attempt with humor with the fruit thing. This chapter started out okay, but I couldn’t get it to work right! >.< Also, I have nothing against yaoi, but I can’t write it very well, so no SasuNaru in this story. Just wanted to clarify. I hoped everyone understood the reason why Naruto ended up as a 6 year old. I tried to make it easy to understand. Please review!

Kiri-chan XP