TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Rain by LittleDarkOne

[Reviews - 15]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
"Rain"

By: LittleDarkOne

The angered black sky continued to roll into itself, loud cracks of thunder being left in the somersaulting cloud’s wake. Flashes of broken lightening drew the sky in a hazy gray before it flashed its dark, ebon hue once more. Growling and shouting to an invisible monster, the clouds continued to crash into each other without a passing thought. Soon, drops of liquid began to splash downwards, the sky’s blood it would seem to the lone onlooker. The crystals fell swiftly, coating the entire hidden leaf village in their icy grasp, leaving mist to trail upward from the once warm earth. The image of the misting village and the gentle sound of falling raindrops set the whole place in a serene atmosphere. Unaware to the biting cold was the blonde boy, his startling blue eyes standing out among the gloomy mist, staring curiously up to the crashing heavens. The thick globs of ice water continued to pour, covering his form in their firm grip, but he didn’t seem to care. His golden hair now drenched, lazily drooped over his headband nearly covering his eyes. Entranced still by the sky, he merely kept his seat upon the withered old stump just inside the village gates unaware it seemed to reality as a small smile pricked his lips.

A new sound joined the rain’s song as a second boy began a leisurely pace to the entranced ninja, his sandals making a lazy ‘squish’ in the fresh mud. A violet lacquered umbrella, set with an ivory iris pattern, was absently held above his head with one hand the other set casually in his ebon pants pocket. Dark colored eyes watched the other boy with interest, though it was well masked.

"Oy, dobe…" He let a small smirk hint his pale lips as he let his voice saunter over to the other’s ears.

The tone only slightly trailed above the rain’s symphony, but it was enough to catch his attention and turn him around to meet the taunting eyes of Sasuke. "Oy, teme…" He responded simply with a small grin of his own, waving a hand lazily over his shoulder. The insults had grown softer over the years the boys had known each other, the bitter hatred of rivals nearly quelled now. He heard the trailing footsteps as he approached closer still, but he didn’t make a move to get off his stump, merely sat with his eyes heavenwards once again.

"What are you doing out here?" He asked after the silence long since set in. Slowly he brought his eyes to gaze upwards at the skies that so entranced the other chunin.

"Nothing really." Naruto gave a little shrug, his haunting eyes coming to rest upon the other’s profile. A raindrop absently slid down the bridge of his nose, while others came to coat his frozen cheeks. "What about you?" He took note of how dry the other boy seemed having been under that umbrella the whole time. He found himself envious of his dryness, the cold slowly setting in on him as he wrapped his arms about himself.

"Same." He grunted, ebon eyes taking his in embrace absently. "I saw you from by the store, that’s the reason I was out here in the first place. I saw you through the fog, and was wondering why you were out here alone, freezing stupidly." He mumbled, looking back over his shoulder at the silhouette of houses, barely made out in the thick fog.

"Was Sasuke worried about me?" He grinned in vulpine manner, awaiting the answer from the boy before him. He kept his foolish little grin, though the other never answered his little thought. He half expected an insult for such a question, but it seemed the rain even smoothed out Sasuke’s rough edges.

He watched the ivory drops of water pour from the sky, letting the gentle hum of rain drown out their voices. His hand twirled the bamboo handle of the umbrella, letting flecks of moisture drip around him, "The rain is calming, ne?"

He sighed gently, soon taking in a gulp of misty air, grinning as he watched the clouds swirl above them. "Mhmm… I love it when it rains." He said softly, letting the gentle drops cascade down his form.

"I don’t." He mumbled, absently taking a seat upon the stump that was a bit small to begin with. As Naruto was about to protest he raised the umbrella above both their heads and he seemed satisfied feeding on his body heat. "It’s a little depressing." He finished his first statement, again not seeming to bring up anymore than what he just said.

"Neh, such a downer all the time…" He grumbled, tying to hide his little smile. He scooted a tad closer to the other boy, assuming the stump wasn’t even that big to begin with anyway. Breathing a small sigh, as he felt a lot warmer now, even if he didn’t want to acknowledge the freezing element around them. "I think it’s refreshing." He said simply, supporting his own thoughts on the rain as he inhaled another thick breath of air.

"Do you think we’re opposites, Naruto?" He asked, hiding his amusement from his gaze.

"I guess we are." He offered back to him, catching a glimpse of the other’s profile once more.

"What’s with all the weird thoughts, huh?"

He quirked a brow, turning towards the blonde once again, "What weird thoughts?"

"Rain being depressing, then going to ask about opposites…" Naruto stuck his tongue out absently. "Maa… Musing like this makes us sound like some old couple."

He grinned at that and shrugged again, looking back up to the sky, raising the umbrella slightly so he could see. He stuck out a hand, letting the icy drops taint his palm and drip casually from his fingertips. It wasn’t often he was alone with the other ninja; normally he was greeted by girls or anyone else that decided to pester him. However, Naruto wasn’t one who normally come out to him, and this was a pleasant way to meet, even if he didn’t in fact enjoy the rain itself. "Well, rain is rather calming, but it makes you think about everything… Right, dunce?" He added the insult, attempting to put the light back on the other instead of himself.

"I’m not a dunce! It’s been…well…like forever since the academy! Stop calling me that." He grumbled, crossing his arms over his drenched jacket front, his eyes looking determinedly angry at the mud at their feet.

Sasuke didn’t bother to look up, merely stared at the mud in the same trance, watching the beads of water make their mark upon the earth. "It’s just been three years, its not forever, the academy is even just down the street." He mumbled.

"Three years you’ve been calling me, dunce." He grumbled.

"And three years you’ve been calling me, bastard." Sasuke mumbled back.

"Stop turning things around on me!" He snapped back at him, turning to face him now, feigned anger glowing in his mako blue eyes.

He turned his head, obsidian eyes looking to him with the same gleam of false anger, "Stop making it easy for me to."

"Gah! I’m just about to bump you off this seat!" He said, frustration seeping into his tone.

He quirked a brow, then slowly rose from the withered wood seat. "If you don’t want my company, I’ll go home and leave you to freeze in the rain. I was going to go home anyway after the store." He said simply, keeping his darkened eyes on the other boy, waiting for a response.

He blinked up to him, the little fire draining from his eyes as he thought it over. Glancing up as the umbrella still reigned overhead to shield the icy crystals, and his body ahead of him shielded the winter’s breath from him. Still, the cold slowly began to seep into him again as the body heat he was feeding off of moved just out of reach, and he continued to look to Sasuke’s questioning eyes. "You don’t have to go." Naruto mumbled finally, acting like it didn’t matter if the ninja stayed or went. Absently he folded his arms again and looked down to the rapidly growing puddles.

"I don’t have to, but I think I will." He said simply, his eyes falling upon the glob of ivory mist that expertly hid their village. "Ja…" He said carelessly, removing the umbrella and slowly starting off towards his home, about to descend into the heavy mist that would surely shield him from the blonde’s view.

The other chunin looked distraught for a minute as he kept his gaze to the puddles. Though, his head snapped up as he heard the slow, even steps of the older boy. "Sasuke, matte…" He said unconsciously, looking to the boy’s back, hopeful as he slowed his pace to a stop.

"Hm?" He blinked, looking over his shoulder at the other still sitting in the rain. He took note of his shivers, but placed concern and pity aside, focusing on his eyes that pleaded to him without knowing. He couldn’t help it when his eyes softened at the disarming look the other boy gave him, causing him to take an unconscious step backward.

"Would you mind…if I came home, too?" He asked sheepishly, a slight embarrassed hue accenting his cheeks.

"What?" He quirked a slender brow, not truly understanding as his mind was already muddled with thought. "Walk you home?"

"No, eh…" He set an arm behind his head. "Actually, I came out here in the beginning because I lost my house key when I went to the ramen bar. Um… Well, I dropped it inside and was shooed out when the place closed, so I was kinda stuck out here. And I went to everyone else, but no one was home and…" He said it seemed in one breath before he turned away again, huddling over as the rain cackled down his back as he succumbed to it. "I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind me staying over, it is…kinda cold out here." He mumbled more softly than before.

His eyes studied the boy’s form, a hint of pity and compassion accidentally bleeding into his normally emotionless eyes. He sighed gently; watching the puff of white leave his lips as he watched the boy huddled over from the rain in an attempt to gain heat. Without much thought from his mind he slowly began a pace back to him, his eyes focused on the slightly freezing boy. The umbrella rose above his head and he gestured for Naruto to follow him. "Only you could drop your key and get stuck like this."

"It’s not my fault! The place closed earlier tonight…" He mumbled, graciously stepping under the water-resistant object, once again drinking in Sasuke’s body heat greedily.

"That just makes you an even bigger baka for not reading the hours on the closing sign." He said tauntingly, getting the affect he wanted as the glare came his way.

However, as he was now indebted to the boy so he had to keep his insults low for the sake of being cast out in the rain again, "Yeah, yeah…" He snuggled unconsciously closer to the elder boy for the sheer sake of taking in the warmth. He smiled gently; looking off into the distance as the veil of fog slowly took shape of the houses it was drowning. "In the morning I’ll go back to the ramen bar and find my key."

Sasuke rolled his eyes at the obvious thought, "What happens when someone else picked up your key and maybe lost it?"

"Eh…" He blinked, looking thoughtful for a moment before his foot crashed into a rather deep puddle. He growled, kicking the water from his shoe before he let his eyes trail back up to the ebon-haired boy. "Well, then I’ll just be your roommate for a few months." He grinned.

"No." He mumbled, though mentally didn’t think the idea would be so bad. He shook his head and disarmed the confused look from the other boy, soon turning his attention back to him. "We’ll just make you a new key in the morning. Or get a new lock or something, if you can’t find it." He said simply.

"I know." He waved him off, focusing his attention to the ground as he leapt over another troublesome puddle and nearly knocked his head into their umbrella. As he was certain no other puddles would attempt to assassinate him he looked back to the village, noticing the change of scenery. "So, where’s your house anyway? I don’t think I ever been there."

"Just a few blocks down." He said simply, staring off ahead seeming to be in thought.

Naruto glanced over to him, making a face at the thoughtful wrinkles marring his brow. "Whatcha thinking about?" He asked innocently, a vulpine grin plastered upon his face.

He blinked out of his stupor, glancing over to the grinning boy before he continued his blank gaze ahead. "Nothing that matters."

He quirked a brow before he crossed his arms across his chest, keeping an eye to the other boy.

He mentally took note how Sasuke never thought of something that didn’t matter. He set a mock glare over to him, "I’m sure it was something important. What? You wanna get a leg up on our mission next week or something?" He asked accusingly. "I bet that’s it, huh! Yeah…you always try and beat me, but you should just admit I’m better."

He looked over to the blonde with that normal stoic look he had, "…better than you, isn’t so hard to accomplish."

"You wanna start somethin’?!" He asked, the fire trailing back to his bright blue eyes.

Sasuke suppressed the urge to grin at the familiar rivalry, waving a hand in the air to quell his angered look. "Naruto…I wouldn’t really suggest you try anything with me, assuming you are going to be in my home tonight." He mumbled darkly, the simple smirk grasping his lips. "I mean, I could always kick you out of my house."

"Hmph. Bastard." He grumbled, glaring ahead with the same mock anger swirling in his eyes.

"Dobe." He said in the same sharp tone. His eyes continued to watch the wisps of fog unlatch themselves to show the hidden buildings before them. Naruto continued to mindlessly walk next to him, every now and then commenting on the surroundings before looking ahead again to try and pick out his home. Sasuke finally turned his gaze back to his companion as they neared the end of the Konoha Village.

"I don’t see anything out here." Naruto grumbled. "Did you lead me here for nothing?"

He sighed, the little puff of mist trailing up to join the fog. He continued to walk ahead, towards the slightly rusted gates of the largest building at the end of the town. The blonde tilted his head in confusion before he rushed ahead, noticing the umbrella was no longer covering him. His eyes widened slightly at the large estate in front of him, and at the dark-haired boy who was casually opening the gate without a second glance behind.

"Coming?" He asked simply, continuing his pace into the home’s yard.

"…Hai!" He blinked out of his stupor, running ahead and trying his best to avoid the puddles marring the way. As soon as he was inside, he ducked back under the umbrella and watched as his comrade shut the gates behind them. His ice-colored eyes continued to awe at the large mansion of a home, mindlessly trekking forth after the other as they reached the front home. ‘Damn…he’s a rich bastard…’ He mentally mused, glancing over to Sasuke as he closed to doors behind them as they entered his main home.

"We should get you situated. I normally don’t have company, so the extra rooms are dusty and probably would need to be a little cleaned before you went in." He explained, locking the door and soon pacing up the staircase.

Naruto soon followed behind, skipping a stair at a time all the while wondering what the rest of his home looked like. "Hey, I’m kinda tired and cold and stuff. So, why don’t I just take your bed and you find somewhere to sleep? I am your guest, and you are dry…" He grinned that same fox-like grin, trying to peer over Sasuke’s shoulder to catch his eyes.

He glanced back over his shoulder, noticeably rolling his eyes to the puppy-eyed looking blonde and continuing to climb the steps. "Why don’t I just get you something to sleep in, and then we’ll both be dry. Then, you can go to clean up a room for yourself…you’re so lazy." He shook his head, grinning to himself.

"Hmph." He snorted, dipping his arms behind his head as he continued to follow Sasuke. They reached his room, Sasuke absently flicking on the light to illuminate the already darkly drab room. It was covered in dark blues and blacks and Naruto scrunched his nose at such plain colors, even his room was more exciting than this. “Damn, even your room’s depressing.” He mumbled, kicking aside a shirt on the ground as he then stepped over it, following the fellow ninja to the dresser.

“Thanks.” He snorted, a pinch of annoyance setting in his tone as he rummaged through his belongings to find the kyuubi holder something to wear. He took out a pair of black pajama pants and a normal indigo shirt, both would be a bit big on the smaller boy, but if he wanted to be dry, he wouldn’t complain. “Here.” He said simply, turning to give the clothes to the boy still standing, taking note of his room.

He took the objects, looking to them and all their plain glory. His bright eyes looked to him, measuring him a moment, “Everything you have is black or blue…” He mumbled.

“How observant.” He rolled his eyes, getting off the floor and settling on his bed, taking off his shoes and shaking out the bits of water from his hair.

“Whatever, I’ll go get changed then.” He exited the room then after, giving one last glance before he disappeared around the corner and to the bathroom.

Sasuke sprawled out upon his bed, huffing just slightly as the blonde finally left. His eyes looked up to the single window pane, watching the rain trickle down it, the sounds the only thing piercing the silence of his room. A hand came up to support his head, his eyes narrowing slightly as his mouth turned into a thoughtful frown. ‘…Naruto…’ He thought softly, letting the single name break all others. He sulkily slumped into his pillow, trying to take his mind off everything. He had never expected the blonde to return to his room however, and he nearly jumped to the sound of the door opening.

Naruto grinned over to him, “Some ninja you are, or was I just stealthy?”

“Dunce.” He muttered, trying to hide the smirk as he turned back to the rain.

He stepped further into his room, the door silently clicking behind him, “Where do I put my wet clothes?”

‘Of course he just came to ask a question, that’s all…’ He mentally scolded himself for thinking of anything else. He shrugged, vaguely waving a hand in the direction of the laundry basket in the corner of his room. “In there, I’ll wash them in the morning.” He said simply, expecting to hear his simple answer, then his retreat again.

“Alright then.” He said cheerily, tossing the drenched clothes into the hamper. His eyes studied the stoic boy on the bed, though he wasn’t looking, merely watching the rain. He slowly walked to him, his hands fisting in Sasuke’s shirt, and tugging it down slightly as it began to get bunched in his over-sized pants. He cautiously settled on the bed, careful as to not cause the weight shift to be noticed. His sensitive nose twitched, just enough to catch the other boy’s scent that was already embedded in the clothes he wore.

“Is there something you need?” He was vaguely aware of the blonde’s presence, he had felt the little dip in the bed his body had caused. He kept his eyes glued to the window, waiting for the response.

“No…not really.” He shrugged, crawling further up the mattress and taking a laying position next to the dark haired boy. He propped his head up with his hands, watching the rain streak down like the other.

Sasuke quirked a brow in question, turning his gaze to the blonde. “Then, what is it?” He asked, trying to hide the confusion from his eyes as he looked to him.

“I just want to sit with you.” He said determinedly, turning his eyes to meet obsidian ones. “And watch the rain.”

He snorted, his cheeks threatening to flush as he turned his head sharply away from his. “You’re just too lazy to make up your own bed.” He mumbled, trying to find the true reason why Naruto wanted to stay with him.

“Maybe…” He grinned in a vulpine manner. “But then…maybe not.”

He studied his evasive words in his mind, shrugging aside the thought that he just wanted to be by him, he wouldn’t…would he? He buried his head in the pillow now, trying to drown out the alluring scent of Naruto. “Whatever…you can stay if you want…” He muttered into the pillow fabric.

Naruto snuggled into the blankets, swooping them around the other boy as well. He kept his little grin as the other ninja avoided his gaze, but accepted the blanket. He curled up, dangerously close to the other, just enough to drink in his body heat and take in his full scent. “Night, Sasuke.” He said in normal cheerful manner, snuggling his head into the pillow and closing his eyes.

He turned, looking to the boy who seemed content where he was. He watched him with longing eyes a moment before he turned, “Night.” He mumbled in his normal, uncaring tone.

The boy peered over to him with one opened eye, he watched as he turned his back to him and got comfortable a bit away from him. Naruto scooted closer to him, wrapping his arm around his waist to pull the heat of him closer. He continued to make his breathing even so when Sasuke looked he would think he had done it in sleepy manner. The other boy didn’t push his arm away, and instead relaxed. ‘I really do love the rain.’ He thought silently to himself as he buried his head into his secret love’s back, listening to the merry trickle of rain outside their window.