TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Delusional Companions by ursweetheartless

[Reviews - 5]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: weird series im writng very very slowly. inspired by the disorder Kiba has in the story, called SDC, or the syndrome of delusional companions. there will bbe boy smex, probably in every chapter, but i don't own the characters nor do i make anything off this
Initial Report
Patient: Uzumaki Naruto
Admittance Date: 3rd February XXXX
Doctor Overseeing: Umino Iruka
Notes: Patient seems to be calm at the moment, but is subject to fits of violence. They seem to be tied to an alternate personality, developed as an emotional shield in response to some sort of trauma, possibly the death of a parent. His personalities do not seem to be aware of each other, and it is my initial opinion that this is a case of dissociative identity disorder, but further observation is needed to be sure of this diagnosis. He is being admitted to solitary at the moment for observation as we are not yet sure what triggers his violent outbursts, or how often they actually happen. It is my belief at the moment, barring evidence to the contrary, that these outbursts are probably somehow stress related, and that if we keep the environment stable he should be of no threat to himself or others. I would recommend a transfer to ward 6 after his initial observation.




Naruto stared out of the window of the office he was currently sitting in. The office itself was big and dark, wood panelling stained deep cherry complemented the bookcases that lined most of the walls quite well, each one packed with dusty boring looking books. The view from the window was much more interesting right now, with the snow falling heavily, big fluffy flakes piling up on the ground, sticking in the trees, turning the bleak and barren landscape he had seen from the windows of the police car when he arrived. He didn't remember why he'd been in the police car, he didn't even remember getting in it really, but the cop in the front seat had been nice, told him he was going to have to go out to the hospital for awhile, he'd called it a vacation and that had made Naruto laugh. The sound was hollow in the small car and it had shut the man up, which had been the goal really. They took the rest of the drive in silence.

The doctors had met him at the door, and one of them had taken his bag, the other leading him in here to wait for some sort of initial examination. That was okay, as soon they found out there really wasn't anything wrong with the boy, then they would send him home. The thought made his chest a little tight, because part of him really really didn't want to go back to his dark little apartment alone right now. Besides, it seemed nice here, and there were people, he'd seen them, not just the doctors but normal people.

He jumped when the door he had come through opened again, and a man walked through it, smiling. He had a scar across his face, from one eye to the other, over the arc of his nose. He smiled widely and Naruto liked the man already. He held out one large hand to the boy, who shook it happily, smiling up at him.

"Hello, my name is Doctor Umino Iruka, but you can just call me Iruka, everybody does. Am I right in assuming you are Uzumaki Naruto?" The boy bobbed his head in agreement, still smiling. "Well then, welcome. I'm just going to have to ask you a few questions to determine what's going on in your life, where to place you in our program, and what we might be able to do to help you, okay?" Naruto nodded mutely, still.


X


Patient File, name: Uchiha Sasuke
Doctor on Case: Hatake Kakashi, ward 6
1st week of February, XXXX
Notes: Patient has been making some progress lately, especially in relations with other people. His social interactions have been carefully monitored and it seems that the pharmaceutical therapy is calming him a great deal. He still has problems interacting with others in the less controlled environment of the common rooms, but during facilitated group sessions he is collected and stable, which is a good sign. He is also starting to show remorse for some of his harmful actions to others, last week he asked after the night nurse whose finger he almost bit off during forced medication, though he was not informed that she had requested not to go back on the ward 6 unit. I am slightly uneasy about how the patient might act when the new patient is introduced into ward 6 at the end of the week, when his observation time is over, as he still has trouble being comfortable and social around new people.
The patient's brother came to visit him the other day and Im afraid he still reacts violently to the boy, and it throws the rest of his day out of whack. I believe that we may be onto the root of his problems, both with his brother in particular and people in general, but I will wait to hypothesize until we get our facts straight. His medications were not adjusted, he said he no longer has trouble sleeping like he once did, so there are no important changes to his routine.




Uchiha Sasuke sat in the common room of the ward, staring blankly at the television. He was seated on the floor with his back to the couch and was idly flipping through the channels with the remote control the nurse on duty let him have. He knew that patients in the wards weren't supposed to have things like that, but there wasn't anyone that crazy on this floor. Well, there was, but it came and it went, and things had been quiet lately, almost too quiet. Sasuke suspected something was up. He tried to shrug the feeling off though, cataloguing it for later reference but not paying it too much heed in the moment.

He felt the couch behind his jostle as someone slid over the back and onto the cushions. He looked back over his shoulder and saw Kiba, that stupid, ratty stuffed toy dog he always carried around with him clutched tightly. The Uchiha rolled his eyes, but knew better than to mention Akamaru, as the boy insisted the dog was named, in any negative context. He would be lucky if he could stay with spitting up his own teeth then. Sasuke had been in the ward the longest, since he was eight years old, and when Kiba had been admitted two years after him, he'd made fun of the boy endlessly for carrying the toy around. Kiba had snapped once or twice, and the last time it had happened Sasuke had had to be driven to the other hospital for a fractured wrist, and rather deep bite wound to the shoulder. He hadn't bothered the boy about it since, and in the time since then they had become as close as anybody else on the ward.

Sasuke rose to his feet, tired of watching bad television. He stretched his arms up high, cracking his back a little, before he yawned and turned to return the remote to the nurses station by the door. Kiba called after him.

"Hey Sasuke, if your leaving can i have the remote?" The Uchiha paused, smirking a little.

"I dunno Kiba, can you handle the remote? Its a responsibility not many people here are allowed, I feel like I might be breaching some protocol if I were to hand it over." Kiba's face looked darker than a rain cloud in the florescent light.

"Fuck Sasuke, you know you only have it because all the nurses think you're cute." Sasuke opened his mouth to respond when he heard the inside door click shut firmly and he turned to see Shikamura smirking at him. Kiba blushed.

"Well, he is kinda cute, Kiba, but thats not why he gets the remote. He gets the remote because he blows us in the staff bathroom." Kiba blushed deeply and Sasuke just rolled his eyes. They were both used to Shikamura's weird sense of humor by now, since he was the nurse most often assigned to their floor. He let them make fun of him being a male nurse, and they let him make fun of, well, pretty much everything. The male nurse thing was a little bit of a sore spot after all. Shika smiled up at them as he looked over the shift clipboard he'd grabbed from behind the desk.

"Hey guys, Kakshi tells me we're getting some fresh meat today. He'll be coming in sometime after lunch, and it looks like Iruka has a special room assignment for him."

He turned back around, but he found no one was really paying attention to him. Kiba was watching some game show in spanish, talking to Akamaru in a low rumbling voice that sounded almost like a growl, but Sasuke had disappeared. Chouji and Neji sat on the floor playing chess, but every once and awhile making up rules, because Choji didn't really know how to play and Neji just didn't really care. Shika sighed, and flipped to the head count page and proceeded to do the first check of his shift.

Most people on this ward weren't really that much of a danger when left alone for a little while, as long as they were taking their medications and going to to their therapy, so pretty much everyone was on hour checks, so he only had to go check on them once every hour. Sasuke had been the only one on 30 minute checks last week, his brother's visit having aggravated him a great deal, but he was back down to hours now which made Shika smile. Less work for him after all. He tucked the clipboard under one arm and set off to find the other two boys on the ward.

X

Neji waited until "nurse boy" was down the hall before he got up, tiptoeing down the hall to the first bedroom on the right, and knocking twice, quietly in quick succession. He waited there for a minute before the door opened and he slipped inside. He turned to look at Sasuke, the only other person in the room, admiring his pale skin and lithe form. Not for the first time though, and when he leaned in close and slid one hand against sasuke's pale stomach the other boy leaned into the touch, slowly leading them backwards until his back hit wall, and Neji's fingers found skin underneath his shirt, pushing the thin, dark cotton up to bunch at his shoulders before Sasuke got impatient with that and just whipped it over his head and threw it in the corner.

They knew they had an hour, if they were quiet, and that would be more than enough time for what they had in mind. He pushed up close and sealed the Uchiha's lips with his own, because he knew they would stay quieter that way, swallowing each others cries. He also knew the rules, no marking the other boy, no evidence of their liaisons could be left on his skin. But Neji, Neji begged for that, silently with hands and mouth and whispers of exhaling breath, fingers twisting in black hair, biting his own lips at the teeth biting harshly into his shoulder, the soft lips sucking softly on the skin of his chest, never where it couldn't be hidden by a tee shirt, but where Neji could run his fingers across it, count the marks, and prove to himself that he could do this, that he had done this, that he was in control.

The pale fingers slowly danced down equally pale sides, skin matching, limbs mirroring as the peeled down the fabric that covered themselves, in some intricate call and response, improvised in that moment but rehearsed and ritualized to the point of automation, all focus on the sensation of skin sliding against skin, and the warmth of a mouth against firm muscle, the slick slide of fingers along hardened flesh, teeth biting against teeth, swallowing quiet cries.

The waves were higher now, and Neji was always the first to break, the first to squeeze his eyes tight and shake for a second, breath stuck in his throat for a moment that seemed at the time like an eternity and slipped all too quickly into the afterward, always stilling slightly before he pulled Sasuke after. But the stoic boy always broke harder, shattered more spectacularly to a million shiny pieces with razor sharp edges, like his voice then, a single keening note through clenched teeth, muffled against the other boy's shoulder, and he's a thousand times more beautiful in those little in between moments, when his mask was cracked and the light pours out from inside of him. Neji always notices this, afterwards, when the mask is mending slowly, and the boy is a damp bundle in his arms, his hands twining listlessly in the dark hair.

But Sasuke always stands first, always reaches for his clothing first, covering himself up hurriedly in the dimmed light of the room, never looking back at Neji, sitting on the edge of the bed uneasily, eyes always fixed on the clock, the door, the open cage. Neji always sighs then, always leans back once more, now alone on the thin blanket, always wraps his arms around himself, never warm enough. Sometimes he cries, but usually he bites the tears back, reminds himself who controls him, reminds himself he doesn't need anyone else, he doesn't need a destiny. Sometimes he even believes it.