TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Crimson Pheonix by Krzr

[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: This is my first chapter of many for the story The Crimson Pheonix. I had started a story with a similair title a ways back. I'm restarting the story, and if I get readers expect a lot more chapters to come :)
A young boy sits in what used to be a peaceful pasture. It is now blackened from fire, and soaked with blood. The boy is so striked with fear he doesen't know what to do. Does he move, try to run, or just wait for what seems to be a certain death. The boy begins to faint, and his last sight is a pair of large feet arriving beside him.

12 Years Later

"Welcome Everyone!" Kakashi Hokage announces to the anxious crowd. "Ready yourselfs, The Chunnin Exams are about to commence!"

"I'm first huh?" I say to himself. "Well, this should be pretty fun."

"The First match will be Suzako, from the Village Hidden in the Leafs v. Lina Ionobi from the Village Hidden in the Mist." Shikamaru-sensei announces. "Let us begin!"

I begin to approach the center of the arena. I was wearing a green and black top, with all black long pants. A common outfit for a Leaf nin. I look up to the crowd to spot my team cheering me on. Karune, Amaki, and Naruto-sensei. I ready myself for this fight will not be won easily. My opponent Lina Inobi is the favorite of the exams to be the victor. The best to emerge from the Mist Village, it will take all I have to defeat her. The second before we begin I realize sweat is pouring down my face like a waterfall of excitement and nervousness.

She takes a small gourd that was lapped to her waist off, and drops it to the ground to let the water out. She begins a seal sequence that Naruto-sensei warned me about. The Hidden Mist Technique was the most deadly of all the Mist's jutsu. To stop her, I took my katana from my back, and struck at her. She jumps, and simply laughs at me. Trying to show that I am no match for her. This bitch is mistaken.

I remember little about my early childhood, but I do remember weilding a sword since the day I could stand. Many in the village know I am an orphan that just arrived in this village one day. Few know me, and even fewer respect me. I have looked foward to this day to prove to everyone I am not just a kid. I am a shinobi, an assasin, a killing machine, and nothing but a weapon for war. As she lands back to the ground, she finishes a jutsu.

Hidden Mist Secret Jutsu: Tainited Water Fiend!

A large, black figure rises out of her puddle of water. I now realize why she had her own vial of water. It was poisoned. The black figure shapes into a human-type form. As she motions her hand, it lunges forward to attack me. A smirk rises on the side of her face, as if she thinks it's over already. Once again.....mistaken. For I have a trick up my sleeve as well.

Blazing Hatch Jutsu!

I dodge the fiend while it runs right into my signature jutsu. My jutsu creates an egg with fire and wind rapidly swirling inside it. I connect a chakra thread to it as I move. When i channel my chakra through the thread the egg explodes destroying anything in range. Even a lot of water and chakra are not safe for its not only a combustion explosion, but wind cuts through the target as well.

The explosion occurs, and I watch as Lina's smirk turns to a look of fear. As the smoke rises, I lunge at her sword in hand. She gets away, but the fight is over. I caught her arm from shoulder to elbow. Now, she not only has a wound to be causing blood loss, but because I channel heat through my sword, her arm is burning inside and out. Making her left arm nearly impossible to manuever well with. It's only a matter of time before she realizes she won't beat me with one arm.

"You little...." she tries to scowl at me, but she reached for the wound instead. "I see now" she says calmly. "Well, I guess I'm forced to take you out before my arm is useless."

I was shocked at her confidence. She had already seen the outcome of the battle, and devised a way to defeat me in a matter of seconds. She truly was a worthy opponent.

Summoning Jutsu: Tainted Wolf Minions - Water Style

Three wolf-like figures rose from the poisoned puddle. They started to move towards me in a crossing pattern I couldn't track. I decided to jump. The second I did, Lina met me at the height of my jump.

She had a determination in herself, that could make the most powerful of shinobis quiver. There was a compassion in her heart for what she was doing, yet a black hate for me, her opponent, the target she must destroy. She had two thick, but small threads with kunai on every inch of them. She flipped over the top of me dodging my sword, and wrapping the spiked threads around me. Each kunai plunged into my flesh.

I feared I had judged the match to quick. She had me pinned, and the three wolves she had summoned were charging at me. The same hate in their eyes that she had, yet bloodlust running through their veins. I was looking death right in the face, and I shivered with fear. As I closed my eyes to wait for death, a memory of mine popped into my head that I did not even know I had.

I was sitting in this war-torn field. Explosions and screams in all directions. I wanted to run, but was too scared. I started to faint, but a large figure arrived and picked me up. He ran off with me in his arms. I could see the determination in his heart to save my life. As two enemies appeared at his back he came to a stop, he realized he was surrounded by shinobi that were not from his village. They were all out not just for him, but for me. At that second, I awoke. Realizing I can't die here, not now.

The wolves arrived at my feet, each about to strike. Regaining my strength and focus, I channeled my chakra to my arms and used everything I had to break the threads. Pain seared through every part of me, as the threads broke when I reached my sword and slashed through them. When the wolves sprung at me I caught each one of them with my sword. The heat from my chakra evaporated them while I cut through the middle of each minion.

So there I stood. Blood dripping from many holes in my body. Acidic burns on my shoulders form the poison that fell on me. I looked as though the savior in my dream did. Was it a dream? Why would I have a dream in battle.
As, I turned to my opponent ready to make the finishing blow. Ready to kill the one who tried to kill me. She raised her right, opperating arm. The hate and determination in her eyes had died. She knew the match was over as she udered softly, "I forfeit".

The crowd went insane with cheering for the orphan who defeated the favorite. The underdog had overcame. Although I was estatic that I had won the match, I was confused and angry about what happened in the middle of the battle. Who was this guy that saved me? Did that really happen? If it did, when? Was it a dream or..... memory?