TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


A Valentines Day to Remember by A Vampires Butterfly

[Reviews - 10]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Well as anyone who reads my other stories knows I LOVE Hinata and it being Valentines Day and all I had to write a little story for her.



I don't own Naruto

Valentines Day, the day made for love, hearts, and the colors pink and red. But for some it is only another day for rejection and heartache from the one they love. For Hinata Hyuuga it seemed that only sadness followed her this Valentines Day, but maybe when she receives a mysterious valentine, this Valentines Day will turn into something romantic and mysterious.


It was a beautiful morning, this morning of Valentines Day, the birds singing and cooing to the young couples, butterflies determined to find another butterfly and flutter among the happy couples, and of course chocolate sellers set on making the couples think their chocolate is the best. ‘Not for me.’ Hinata thought sullenly watching the almost sickening scene before her as a ghost watches the living. ‘I told Neji that walking around the park would be a bad idea, but no he had to have some “alone time” with Tenten.’

Hinata sighed feeling a terrible aching, drowning feeling in her chest as she saw yet another couple kiss on yet another park bench, this time it was Ino and Shikamaru. ‘Why do I do this to myself?’ she cried sadly inside her head as she rushed past though the couple seemed a bit too busy to bother with her. ‘Every year Hinata, every year you do this! Walk around the whole month telling yourself you will send Naruto a valentine, but you always chicken out then drown in self pity!’ she angrily scolded herself as she walked silently to the forest to maybe clear her head.

She slide easily past the many thick trunks of the tall trees that hide her from the world in their comforting shadows. Two glistening tears slide down her cheeks as she thought of the past years, thinking of the many times her poor Naruto had been turned down by Sakura, but after Hinata always watched the down trodden blond slink off to the training grounds and train furiously. Every year she had watched the always beautiful Valentines Day card he had worked so hard on tore up by Sakura as he walked away. And every year Hinata wished just once that was of those beautiful cards, that were so easily tore up and thrown away, were for her.

This year she had decided against watching her crush get crushed and decided to go home early, and now she was here, sent away by her own love sick cousin. She slumped against the rough bark of a towering oak and let her head rest in her arms letting go of a few more tears.

“Whoosh”

Hinata almost screamed as a kunai landed with a mighty crack only half an inch from her head. She looked up, but only caught sight of rustling branches and fallen leaves. Hinata stood up, carefully avoiding the kunai stuck deep in the bark of the oak. When she took a second look at the kunai she saw a scrap of red paper tied carefully with a pink ribbon.

“Huh?” she said untying the soft ribbon and removing the paper, saw it had something written on it in neat formal handwriting as if it were an invitation to a grand ball instead of a letter thrown at her tied to a kunai. She read it slowly.

Like an angel out the sky you came.
Clearing up all the clouds, the sadness and the rain.
I just saw your blushing face.
And I was sent happily into space.
You are my shelter.
You are my light.
You keep my sanity safe.
My fears don’t find me when you are near.
I love you.
I didn’t notice you for so long, but now I see.
I see true beauty.
I see you.
And that is all I will ever need.
Meet me at the old swing at sunset.


And that was it. She reread it again and again. No name, nothing. Could they have been mistaken, whoever had sent this, could they have meant to give this to someone else? But then again it is pretty hard to deliver it to the wrong person with that kind of delivering method. She shook her head, glancing around again to see if she could see who had sent it. Again she saw nothing.

‘Who could have sent this?’ she thought then her heart skipped a beat. ‘Could it have been…’ now her heart started to flutter quickly as her mind wandered. ‘Could it have been Naruto?’ she thought then sighed sadly. ‘Why would he give me a valentine? He’s probably asking Sakura out at this very moment.’

She looked down at the note rereading it yet again. She just couldn’t understand it and kept rereading it as she walked towards the edge of the forest, broken fragments of thoughts swimming around her confused mind.

She went past the many kissing couples once again, but noticed them as much as they noticed her. She started towards town not taking her eyes off the red letter the soft ribbon still clutched in her hand. She looked down at it, unclenching her fingers from the soft material then tied it around her wrist as she found herself in the middle of the village.

“Now what to do? It is only around two the note said to meet at sunset.” She mumbled to herself glancing around the busy dirt streets filled with people buying late gifts for their sweethearts. She sighed again thinking of the many gifts she would never get then she looked back down at her mysterious note and let a small soft smile grace her lips for the first time that day, wondering if any other girls would be getting a kunai thrown at them for Valentines Day, her smile grew and she even let a small giggle slip out and went past the shops and people faster with bit of joy in her cloud of shadows that seemed her follow her more and more.

Hinata walked around the village for a couple hours not seeing many people she knew. ‘Guess they had some nice Valentines Day dates planned,’ she thought then with a smile, ‘I guess I do too.’

She looked at the sun guessing it was close to sunset and started towards the old swing where her poor Naruto had sat so long ago. ‘Now that I think about I haven’t seen him all day. I guess he’s still training after the yearly Sakura refusal thing. I bet she is asking out Sasuke. I almost feel sorry for him as well it can’t be easy to have her attached to him every single minute of the day.’

She was buzzing with excitement as she approached the swing, the sun setting just behind her. ‘Who could have set this to me?’ she wondered then stopped dead in her tracks, ‘What if it’s all a joke? What if nobody is there and it is just someone playing a cruel joke on me?’ she stood on her tip toe trying to see if anyone was at the swing seeing no one she sighed. ‘I just have to see even if it is a joke.’ She thought glumly now sure it was in fact a cruel joke. She entered the school yard and sat on the swing.

She sat there for a moment or two, scared to death. She almost fell off the swing as a rustle of cloth was heard behind her. She spun around only to have her eyes covered from behind.

“Hey Hinata.” A voice said quietly that she had listened to and longed to hear for a many years now.

“N-naruto?” she asked as the hands slipped away and she turned to look into sky blue eyes under spiked blond bangs.

“D-did you really s-send me that letter?” she questioned softly.

“Yep, it took me forever to figure out nice enough words for it.” He said grinning.

“So you… you like me?” she asked in disbelief.

“Well you see I didn’t see you for awhile and I’m really sorry about that, but a couple days ago Sakura pointed you out for me and well, lets say my eyes were finally opened.” He said then sat down next to her on the swing still grinning.

Hinata’s face was as red a tomato on fire at him being so close. ‘Please don’t faint. Please don’t faint. Please don’t faint.’ She thought silently then realized that Naruto was leaning closer towards her. She closed her eyes and leaned towards him as well they were about to make contact when…

“Buzz, Buzz”

She slammed her hand on her alarm clock. “Why? Why did it all have to be a dream?” she sighed and turned onto her side.
**************
“Now what else should I put? Oh that’s great! I should really thank Sakura later for pointing her out.” Naruto said excitedly as he scribbled onto a red piece of paper at a desk.

“I hope she likes it.” He said as he tied it carefully to a kunai and started his search for her.

“This is a Valentines Day she’ll never forget.”

Chapter end notes: Hope you like it! Happy Valentines Day! With much love, A Vampires Butterfly ^.^