TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Monster in the Forest by Missq

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Currently Missq is now enjoying her outrageously long summer vacation, other than the fact SHE’S SO BLOODY BORED! Sure there’s about a million things I should be doing such as cleaning my room, studding for a deportment test, and attempting to read all the Japanese manga I brought back with me from Japan. But for some reason I don’t actually feel like doing any of the above which is why I’m writing this instead of sleeping.

And Voila! A brand new story from the usually comatose writer Missq. Recently I’ve been re-reading past stories from when I was 14 or so, and I’m failing to see much of a difference between my writing skills, which means I much improve. So therefore I think I’ll have a go trying to get this out on paper, or computer as it seems. Most of the time I simply give up pretty fast since I have no idea what to put next, or I get tired, or busy, or decide to sleep instead of staying up until 2 in the morning to write. This accounts for my lack of fan fiction over the years. That and I became obsessed with reading Naruto, and wasted many precious hours watching Anime.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a proud day for Haruno Sakura, one in which she hoped would come true only in her wildest dreams. She, above all other students in the ninja academy had some how managed to become the student of the great Ninja Orochimaru, also known as the fifth Hokage of Konoha.

Orochimaru was the student of Danzou the third, and Danzou had been a student of the first and second. She was going to learn from a teacher whose very roots tranced back to the founder of Konoha. The possibilities and potential for learning were endless; it made her dizzy with joy. To be the student of such a powerful and respected man was the greatest honour that any Gennin could ever imagine. She was still pinching herself.

That wasn’t the only great thing about being apprenticed by the current Hokage, one of her fellow team mates was Uchiha Sasuke. The Uchiha Sasuke that she’d spent most of her academy years obsessively stalking and fantasying about. Everything about him was wonderful, his eyes, the hair, the amazing genius skill, how could any girl not love Mr Amazing? As to be expected half academy’s female population was now cursing her with hate, and producing Sakura voodoo dolls. It was worth the constant hours of study and work just to see the look on Ino Pigs face. It was absolutely priceless. Her fellow gennin was now standing in the crowd before her, arms crossed and face screwed up in jealousy. The hair which she had grown long for Sasuke’s sake swished dramatically behind her in the wind. The other source of Ino’s displeasure was how she was paired up with what she claimed to be a lazy bum and a fat ass.

The other member of Sakura’s new team was a quite boy who addressed himself as Tarou. He managed to achieve results just above Sakura’s to her dismay. Despite being the smartest in her class she tended to lack in physical strength, something which she hoped to improve with training. Tarou was one of the people she payed very little attention to during school (Since she was usually busy preoccupied with a certain Uchiha) so there was very little which she knew about the other boy, except that he’d been deemed worthy enough to be accepted by Orochimaru.

Sakura straightened her dress and attempted to stand as straight as possible. Before her lay most of the village who had turned up to see just who their Hokage had finally chosen as students, and their eyes were beginning to make her feel squeamish. On her left stood Sasuke, and Tarou on her right. The Uchiha stood neutral and nonchalant as always, as though he believed such fruitful time would be better spend on training than providing entertainment to such a worthless crowded. She envied his ability to stay calm. What if her hair wasn’t straight or her forehead protector slipped? Would she look silly and girlish if she straightened it? What if Orochimaru changed his mind after observing her pitiful strength? What if he decided that Ino was a better student? What if Sasuke continued to ignore her like always? How would they function as a team? What if they failed their missions? Would it de-name their current Hokage?

Her mental panic attack was brought to a halt as her new teacher, and the current Hokage, took to the stage and took a place next to Sasuke. For an instant she could have almost sworn she glimpsed a look of hunger in her teacher’s snake like eyes when he looked towards the dark haired boy, but she quickly dismissed it as only her imagination. It was silly to think such things of the great Orochimaru.

“Citizens of Konoha, I stand before you to present the talented new Gennin who I have deemed worthy enough to take on as apprentices.”

Did he just call her talented? Sakura found it hard to believe his statement and began subconsciously fiddling with the ends of her long hair. Just like Ino she had spent years growing it long for Sasuke’s sake, but the boy barely payed any attention. Maybe he’d changed his mind and preferred girls with short hair now?

“As you know I don’t think lightly of taking on students, so it has taken a great deal of time to choose the ones that stand before you. Next to myself stands Uchiha Sasuke of the prestigious Uchiha clan…….”

Orochimaru’s serpent like voice somehow managed to project itself over the crowd but Sakura quickly detected people at the back standing up on boxes or attempting to move closed in order to grant themselves a better view. Scanning the crowd she could see fellow classmates such as Hyuga Hinata standing with people who must have been her family. And with a closer look she could also see Kiba in a fierce argument with what looked to be his sister, oblivious to everything that was going on around him like always.

She let herself smile slightly at the familiarity of her academy classmates. That feeling immediately diminished the moment her eyes unintentionally fell upon that person. That instant all sound became deaf to her ears, and the entire world seemed to freeze around her.

It was that boy, the boy in which nobody dared speak to or engage in any form of human contact. It was the thing in which the village both fared and hated, it was what terrified children in their dreams. It was the very thing that made her blood run cold and her heart race in fear.

Before her in the crowd stood the Nine Tails demon fox.

He was congested in amongst a group of people who slowly backed away once they noticed his presence. Ice blue eyes glared out from underneath a head of sandy blonde hair, with a face that was both cold and neutral like Sasuke’s, but seemed more frightening and dangerous. To her he felt so bitter and detached, as though he were surrounded by ice and fire at the same time.

But what frightened her most was how he was staring right at her.

Quickly she evaded her eyes to the wooden stage below her, both her worries and confidence diminished. Why was that thing here? As far as she knew he tended to avoid all social situations and people at most times, only appearing in public on rare occasions. He had long been forbidden from learning any form of Ninjitsu and had therefore never attended the academy. But a monster such as that had no need for Ninja skills when he could simply rip your heart out with one fatal swipe, as she had been told. God Damn it! Why couldn’t it just curl up and die some place, why did it have to show its face here and ruin her perfect day.

She quickly raised her eyes only to find he was now glaring at her new teacher with what looked like absolute hate. Sakura could have sworn that his eyes flashed crimson red for a single moment before he turned and made an exit out of the crowd. People jumped back in fear as he approached.

She let out a sigh of relief before assuming the dignified and confident pose that a student of Orochimaru’s should posses. When the crowd began clapping it became apparent that she had completely tuned out to what the Hokage had said, who was now making his exit at the back of the stage. Unsure on what to do next she followed Sasuke who was beginning to leave.

“Ah excuse me Sakura-san, I know that we haven’t really talked in the past but….” came the nervous voice of her other team mate who was attempting to formally start up a conversion with her now that they had the opportunity to talk. But Sakura instead chose to ignore him and follow after the only person who held her interest in the hope of maybe somehow persuading a date out of him.

In the following months she would continue to pay very little attention to the one who named himself Tarou, instead paying most of her time attempting to play out her girlish fantasies with a certain dark haired Uchiha.

It was something she would soon regret after Tarou’s unexpected death.


-------------------------------------------------------------------

Well that’s me trying to establish the beginning of my story. I’ll try and get the next chapter up soon. Feedback is most welcome and helpful.

Missq ___ _____________________________________ .