TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


An Heir for an Heir by x_fish

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Since School is going to start again soon, so the updates will come slower...
I apologize in advance.

Spoiler warning. I don't really know for what chapter or episode, and once again, I am sorry.
n-n;;
An Heir for and Heir

From the last chapter:

Hatsumi stayed still for a while, stunned, frozen. But she proved she was still alive by nodding. She let herself be led closer to the door, which was soon opened. At the sight, Hatsumi let out another gasp and brought her hand to her mouth.

The sight… It was…horrible. Hanabi lay sprawled, as if she had let out a struggle, on the cold, blood soaked floor. Her pale eyes were open, unseeing. They were like glass, and stuck in a forever notion of surprise. From her thin body protruded many things: knives, shurikens, kunais, scythes, senbons, needles, dirks, and other sharp, deadly objects. And the color scarlet. It was everywhere. On the walls, the floor, stained on her nightclothes, and skin.

This wasn’t right. Whoever did this was going to pay.

Chapter 3 - "Guilty!"

For the first time in years, Hatsumi was very upset. Very, very angry. And everyone knew it. Pacing back and forth in her room, her family could hear her light footsteps and low mumbling. Neji, Tenten and Ryukku were having afternoon tea in the family room, growing worried by every passing minute. Although, Neji didn't show it.

"N-Neji. How long do you think...?" Tenten asked hesitantly, looking back at the sliding door leading to Hatsumi's room.
Neji sipped silently from his cup before putting it down. "She'll come out when she feels up for it."

There was a clatter as Ryukku stood up abruptly. His cup fell onto the tatami covered ground and rolled, fortunately empty.

"Ryukku!" Tenten said, staring at her son.
"I'm going to talk to her," he said, before starting for her room. Suddenly he found Neji in front of him, blocking the way. "She will come out when she feels up for it," Neji repeated, firmly this time.

Ryukku opened his mouth to speak, but closed it. He sat back down, mumbling, and with an angry clunk, he placed the cup back on the table.

- - -


Days passed, the crime searched backward and forward by the Anbu. The ceremony, when Hatsumi becomes head of the Hyuuga family was postponed until her 18th birthday, which was in a month, and Hiashi-sama graciously took the position until then, as he was Hanabi's father. Was. He, himself, wasn't taking this very well either. As the father, he still felt some responsibility as a parent, while grieving as every other Hyuuga, and some of the other nin.
Hatsumi had gotten over her emotional phase, in so, getting more distant. Ryukku was now the only one who could get a word from her, as she locked herself up in her room everyday. The Hyuugas weren't granted missions or permission to leave Konohagakure's surroundings, as anyone who was around the premises was eligible to have attacked Hanabi.

"Hatsumi? A-are you in there?" Ryukku asked, standing in front of her room.

The sliding doors opened to reveal the future Hyuuga head. Although, at the moment, she didn't look much of a leader. Her pale eyes showed no emotion, whatsoever, although the weariness and sorrow were too evident to be hidden away or covered, and they had faint bags under them. "Hm?"

Ryukku stumbled back, not used to this new Hatsumi. He was used to her as being more...bright. And bubbly, no matter how shy. "Um, there's someone waiting for you outside. He said it's…urgent."

Still silent, Hatsumi nodded before letting herself be led outside. There was an Anbu waiting, wearing a mask, as always, to conceal their features. "Hatsumi-sama, the Godaime would like to see you." His voice seemed...different. More colder.

Thankful that she hadn't changed, and was still in her active clothes, Hatsumi nodded.

"Please. Follow me." And with that, the Anbu started for the big mansion under the Hokage mountain.

Ryukku raised an eyebrow. This was unusual. They normally just left with a poof, leaving the other to make their own way to wherever the destination was. He watched silently as his sister obediently followed the Anbu, itching to follow and listen in to the conversation with the Godaime.

The two ninja arrived quickly, and was led even more quickly through the halls and to the Hokage's office. Apparently, this was very important. Hatsumi soon found herself in the small, yet spacey office, face to face with the blonde Hokage.

Tsunade-sama was older than she looked, although sometimes her personality was much younger. She was one of the members of Konoha's legendary Sannin. Was. Ever since Orochimaru had left Konohagakure, and proved himself evil, the Sannin was down to two members. And you can't be Sannin with only two members.
Anyways, Tsunade-sama was a medic-nin, and an elite, at that. Shizune, one of her pupils, was now an Anbu, and Haruno Sakura, another of her apprentices, was part of the Konoha hospital, although she took missions every now and then. Currently, the Godaime was sitting at her desk, obviously in deep thought. When Hatsumi walked in, she looked the Hyuuga up and down, brow knit tightly together.

"Hatsumi, I don't suppose you know why you're here, do you?" Tsunade's voice was soft, yet accusing.

'Probably about the death of Hanabi-sama,' Hatsumi thought. "Iie, Tsunade-sama."

"Well, this is just to warn you - and inform you - for the council of Hanabi-san's death."

'Warn? Why warn?'

"You know of that, of course."

Hatsumi looked down at the ground, away from Tsunade's piercing hazel eyes.

Tsunade raised a sleek, blonde eyebrow. "I hope to see you tomorrow. Dismissed."

Hatsumi looked up to see that the Godaime had focused her attention back on the piles of paperwork on the desk. Biting back the lists of questions forming at the back of her mind, she nodded curtly and walked out, where another Anbu was waiting to escort her home. Apparently, there was something going on that she didn't know about, but was soon going to find out.

"Hatsumi! Hey. What did Tsunade-sama want?" Ryukku asked, the moment she was home.

"The council meeting tomorrow," Hatsumi looked down, adverting from Ryukku's eyes, which were able to search out emotions and thoughts by using the position of the eyes.

"That's it? Well, that was a waste of time. Everybody knows about that." Ryukku smiled and put one arm around Hatsumi's shoulders.

"Yeah..." Hatsumi shook away from Ryukku's arm and quickened her pace, leaving a hurt looking Ryukku, and soon disappearing in her room. Again. In there, she mulled over her thoughts, trying to figure out what Tsunade-sama had meant by 'warn.'

- - -


"Everybody, I welcome you to the council meeting today." The Godaime's loud voice carried around the room, capturing everyone's attention. "You all know why you are here, of course, but I will mention it again. We are here to find out the killer of Hyuuga Hanabi."

A few shushed whispers were exchanged in the room. The room itself wasn't so big either, as this was a small and private case. The entire Hyuuga family - aside the children - were here, as well as Anbu members, and close friends of Hanabi. There were many familiar faces: Hinata, Hiashi, Neji, Konohamaru, Hatsumi, Ryukku, and many, many others.

"To begin, I will ask any witnesses - if there are any - to stand up now. Or give your words to me in privacy, during the break."

No one stood up.

"Well then, now we will hear from the Anbu, who have been investigating this for a while." At her nod, three Anbu immediately stood up, serious and business-like.

"The Hyuuga case was hard, but not impossible. There were many clues left behind, meaning that the killer was an amateur, or very, very clever. Using the chakra imprints of the people who were in the estate at the time, and comparing it to the ones left by the murderer, Uchiha was able to narrow the suspects down considerably.

There were also other clues to take: the bloody footprints, the use of weapons, and some articles of attire, for instance. The footprints were washed out by the wet grass, but seemed to be heading towards the West wing, concluding that the criminal is indeed, a Hyuuga.”

A few members of the Hyuuga family tensed, and their pale eyes narrowed. How dare they accuse one of them?

The first few hours of the council went by slowly, everyone giving summaries and evidance. A medic-nin told the crowd that Hanabi-sama was apparently drugged, leading to the easy kill. The medic-nin also informed them of the fact that Hanabi-sama was not killed by the weapons, but instead, a mass use of the Juuken, the Gentle Fist. A move only used by Hyuugas. Apparently, her chakra vessels were cut off, leading her inability to fight back.

“Everybody may now take a break for half an hour, while I talk with the Anbu and medical ninja,” the Godaime said, standing up from where she was sitting. The crowd was silent until they stepped out of the room, and even then, they only exchanged whispers. Trying to guess who was the criminal, while others said hushed threats for the killer.

“Hatsumi, how are you feeling?” Ryukku asked, sliding down next to her. She was still seated in the room, staring down at her hands.

“They’re always looking at me. I can feel it,” she whispered, tensing up a little.

Ryukku was about to put his arm around her again, but remembered what happened last time, and stopped. “Well, I’m sure there’s a reasonable explanation. They can’t just stare at you for no reason.”

“No, Ryukku…They’re accusing me. They think I… I…That I killed Hanabi-sama…” Her voice rose, then quieted to a whisper. She looked up, straight into her brother’s eyes. “Onii-chan…What do I do?”

Ryukku blinked slowly. She hadn't called him that in a long time. He gently reached out a hand and placed it on her knee. “Don’t worry. We’ll figure out a way. Just remember not to lose yourself.”

Hatsumi smiled thankfully, before looking back down at her hands. A bit abruptly, Ryukku removed his hand, nervously fiddling with a loose string on his shirt. Tension was in the air between the two, until the Godaime called everyone back. Hurriedly, the crowd shuffled back to their seats, although there was a bit of confusion.

Tsunade-sama waited for everyone to quiet down before speaking. “After speaking with the Anbu, we have come to a conclusion, for who the killer is.”

Ryukku noticed Hatsumi clench her hands into fists.

“Hyuuga Hatsumi, will you please stand up,” Tsunade-sama ordered, rather than asked.

Protests arose, especially from around the Hyuuga family. Hatsumi was now the head of their family. She couldn’t be taken away. Hatsumi was a good child, she wouldn’t kill Hanabi-sama.

Blinking back tears, Hatsumi stood up, trying not to think about the surprised and disappointed looks from her parents. Taking deep breaths, she looked up, straight into the cold hazel irises of the Fifth Hokage.

“Hyuuga Hatsumi, we find you guilty for the killing of Hyuuga Hanabi.”