TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The dog sannin by tomanylemons

[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The dog sannin

“Uzumaki Naruto, I'm asking if you are ready to kill Gaara of the sand” AU het
disclaimer: i like most people own nothing
“say”
'think'
extra planer being
Jutsu
chapter 1 preliminaries end

the final match had been a surprise to all. Two double knock outs in an exam was almost unheard of. The genin were now showing there numbers as the final tournament bracket was drawn up. Kakashi frowned at the line up for finals. After Gaara's display he had wished for all of his students failure 'I still doubt any of them will pass but I just wanted to scare them into straitening out not get one killed.' The constant in fighting and lack of team work had been a problem since there first high rank mission. A life or death exam seemed the perfect opportunity to make them grow up. To cover his worry he pulled out his book and walked out of the building. Behind him the genin field out after reading the matches.

round 1
Uchiha vs Sasuke vs Hyuga Neji
round 2
Kankurou vs Aburame Shino
round 3
Temare vs Nara Shikamaru
round 4
Gaara vs Uzumaki Naruto

The genin's emotions varied. Neji was eager to humiliate the last Uchiha. Sasuke was eager to prove his clans superiority to there ancestors. Kankurou felt his mind race as he tried to think of an effective cheep shot to win quickly with. Shino felt confident, he had watched his first opponent closely and already had planed how to defeat him. Temare's was considerably less up beat, being in the same bracket as here brother had put a damper on the exam. She could ether throw her match or forfeit to Gaara. While the former would kill her chances for promotion the later may anger her brother. Shikamaru's mood was summed up in one word. 'troublesome' said brother was feeling more exited for his first match then he could actually explain to himself, the boy seemed pathetic and yet he could hardly wait. Naruto walked from the building with a smile , even thou he felt scared to death.



That afternoon two genin serched fervently for there stray sensei. There was only one place they missed, mostly because they didn't know where it was. The Hatake estate. Meanwhile the third felt his heart leap as he realized what was off in his office. The forbidden scroll was missing, 'Twice in a year I'm so proud of security.' As he began to inspect the area fore clues he found only one. A neatly folded piece of paper. Opining it slowly he read the contents. “Yo, needed to borrow sensei's notes will return to you at next convenience.” At the bottom he saw a small drawing of a stick man with a mask. “I'm getting to old for this shit.” The old man instinctively flinched, still remembering the women who had broken him of swearing near 40 years ago. 'She passed on she cant berate me any more, I think' His eyes still swept over the room expectantly. He did not feel surprised when a book fell and hit him on the head. He actually felt grateful that was all he received for punishment.


Kakashi started reading the scroll for the sixth time. 'Well shit' His research had been proving frustrating from beginning to end. The scroll was a collection of Jutsu that had a few common themas, life death and seals, mostly. There were random theres, most of which he hadn't grasped until the third time threw the scroll, put in at random places such as between besides and even during technical explanations of the Jutsu's. At the bottom was the final product the seal that had bound the nine tailed fox. 'No, the Jutsu that killed it.' His original goal had been to understand how the seal aloud Naruto to harness his demon. He had seen what a little of his power would let Naruto do. On his fourth time threw the scroll he had made a strange discovery. The seal had never been designed to let Naruto use the foxes chakra. The fifth time had been spent establishing what the seal was meant to do, and this final time was being spent cheeking his analysis for errors.

'Short hand and sloppy hand writing don't make this any easer.' Kakashi rolled the scroll shut for the first time in hours. “Did anyone ever even read this after sensei died.” The silence yielded no answer. 'and if they tried did they bother piecing it all together.' The jonin slowly made his way to the kitchen to find tea, or sake, whichever was still in stoke after over ten years of the house siting empty. 'So if I'm right ill need to fix that seal, shouldn't be any harder then reading senses hand wighting. And ill need to find someone to teach Sasuke. I should talk to the old man to. Meh ill get to him later. First i need to make a readable copy of that scroll. Complete with my own notes.'


The third Hokage mad his way slowly to his office. It was hard to hurry knowing the pile of paper that would follow him in. He was also still trying to remember who ran the building security. When he opened his doer he was greeted by a massive scroll with a note atop it. “Far to old for this'”
unfolding the note Sarutobi began reading. “yo, took the liberty of copying the scroll, twice actually, and making my own notes hear is a copy for you pleas review it at your leaser P.S I'm borrowing my replacement today, and maybe tomorrow to.” At the bottom he saw a smiler stick figure to the one he saw yesterday. I'm so glad our most secret document is being mass produced.' on that note the third new his first order of business, establishing who was actually in charge of building security.

Sasuke swept the street with a not so subtable glare. 'I will find him and he will train me . Neji is supposedly a genies on par with Itache so by defeating him ill be a step closer to killing him and proving myself. Ill show them all. They will regret ignoring me.'
“hey wait up. Uchiha Sasuke wait damn it.” Sasuke stopped and slowly turned his head in order to maximize his glare. The man who came up to him looked to be around 30 wearing a standard jonin vest. “hi I'm Aoba ill be your sensei for the next month. Tilting his head to considering this Sasuke soon came to a conclusion. “No you wont, Kakashi is going to teach me.” Aoba frowned at this 'Hes as much of a pain in the ass as his brother was. “Well fine but Kakashi left the village already and wont return until the day of the exam.” The preteen glared harder as if trying to warp space time and make Kakashi appear in front of him. Sadly,for him, he was not that cool “where did he go”

“look brat he went to train your team mate so get over it, and stop sulking.” Sasuke made a rather comical face as he tried to glare harder at the man. “i...do...not...sulk. And besides you know nothing of my blood line so there is no way for you to train me.” Aoba's face began to reflect his frustration. “your eyes allow you to see the flow of chakra. This first allows you to see threw Genjutsu . Second it allows you to predict an opponents movements And third allows you to mirror an opponents Jutsu's and movements And lastly with eye contact you can perform Genjutsu on an opponent without hand seals. The disadvantages is you have to focus on a target to do any of these things making you vulnerable if you attempt to mirror one opponent if they have an ally. Seconded to mirror an opponent you must be faster then them. Third even if you stressfully perform an opponents Jutsu you wont remember how you did it meaning you cant use it later. Last and most significant you and the majority of your clan tend to utterly depend on your eyes.”

Sasuke stood there trying to formulate a reply. He finally settled on something simple ant to the point. “How.” “I trained another Uchiha when he became a genin. Thats the reason Kakashi asked me to train you.” Mentioning Sasuke's family around him was still taboo to him. So he turned and began to walk away. “Its not like your training ever helped them.” Aoba slumped his shoulders at the implication. “Actually it did... and thats why i still regret training Itache.” The name froze Sasuke. “Its true he was a genies but there was more to it. Most sensei simply allowed your kin to privily train with your family. The same goes for the Hyuga. This leads to virtual copy's. Nothing new nothing original. And threw out them all the same weakness's. Its probably Kakashi's individualism that put him ahead of the other Sharingan welders. Thou truthfully a lack of arrogance abut it helped to. He looked for weaknesses and adapted to them. Your clan for years refused to admit any weakens. Even to each other. Your brother wanted to be the best and I helped him. He overcame the weakness's and learned to exploit them.”

“Teach me” Aoba smirked at the boy. “No.” Sasuke blinked he wasn't used to hearing that only, saying it. “You offended me brat and so I'm not going to do Kakashi a favor as I planed. Well unless.” A sinister smirk formed on his face. “What do you want.” The brunets face looked every bit as furores as he felt. “What do you want!” He repeated more forcefully. Aoba started to chuckle as a plan formed in his head. “First read this, and then find a partner to put what you learn to use. Male female or otherwise I don,t care. When you have done this I will train you.” With that he handed Sasuke a small package and poofs away. Sasuke slowly pealed away the brown paper and felt more confused then ever as he stared at the small orange book in his hands.


“Now Kakashi sempa your cretin Hokage sama didn't wish to be present for this.” Kakashi scratched his head in nerviness. It was nearing nightfall and he was glad to be nearing the end of his day. “Well I'm sher he would like to be hear he has his hands full with the exam plus the sitings of Orochimaru.” Copying the scroll, twice, had been a time consuming task resulting in no sleep for Kakashi. Once he finished he had found Yamato and had him review his plan while he went to recover Naruto. Not that he actually explained the seal to him. That would have required more lessons on sealing basics then he had time for. So the solution was simple. Drug the boy.

A seemingly simple task. It had started with a lesson on tactics, something the boy badly needed. The lesion had basically been teaching the boy go. He had started with handing him the instruction manual. While he went to get the tea. The tea had of course been drudged. Thew out the lesson Kakashi had explained how things related to a real fight. All the while encouraging him to drink his tea before it went cold. Not that the first pot had put the boy down. For the next pot Kakashi had changed games to keep Naruto stimulated. On the fifth pot he had gone back to go, but this time making Naruto tell him haw the game related to a fight. At lucky pot eight Naruto fell over. A sleep Genjutsu for good measure and the silver haired sensei was off. Years latter when Naruto complained that he was only busing after drinking his fellow sannin under the table Kakashi was the only one unsurprised.

The actual plan was fairly simple Yamato would suppress the demon while he fixed the seal. He had been surprised to see a five point seal already in place but counted it as a blessing that made his job easer. After the seal was done he removed the five point seal and bid farewell to Yamato and took Naruto to a camp where he would train him for the exam.


Jiraiya put down the scroll and began rubbing his eyes. “Damn brats better then I remember.” the third sat calmly puffing his pipe. “Which one, your student or Kakashi.” The old man had had an all around unsettling day he had stressfully discovered who his head of security was. Thou the fact that no one thought to fill the post Uchiha Itache's team had formerly held was rather unsettling. The team members had been sent to fill holes in the ranks while there post remained vacant. He had set out to rectify the situation as soon as he figured out what was so important that Kakashi wouldn't bother telling him. When he began reading the scroll he realized why it seemed so much thicker. There were three columns the first was a organized version of the original script. The second was the original script except legible and in ordinary words and the final was Kakashi's summary and explanation of the text. After finishing he had started to scry for Jiraiya, and felt grateful to have him already in the village. “So what do we do now?” Sandaime smiled “That is the one easy thing, we do...nothing.”
the toad hermit wondered not for the first time if age was taking its toll. “But if Kakashi is right we need to fix the seal.”
“And if I'm correct Kakashi is already doing it for us.” Jiraiya was cut short by a knock at the doer. A man in ANBU garb entered and bowed to the Hokage. “Sir I'm hear to report that Kakashi and I were successful and the seal is repaired.” A nod and hand wave dismissed the man. 'At least he still has a sense of rank and order.” Sarutobi looked at Jiraiya with a smirk. “I could have done it to if i new how to read the brats hand writing.”


Sasuke not for the first time threw the orange book across the room. 'damn how can i concentrate after seeing ... that.' As was his established pattern. He went outside to train. Which consisted of pounding a log until the bulge in his pants subsided. 'I can not be distracted like this Iv got my family scrolls. They've been used for generations. I don t need a sensei if I have them... But what if hes right will I loose if I follow them, will they make me week. Gah I cant risk that I need to know what he can teach me then ill decide if its worth the time. But first ill have to finish that damned book.' And so with resignation Sasuke walked back to his house and resumed reeding. Fifteen minuets later he was back outside.

From a near by tree Aoba smiled while reading his own book. 'This will teach him respect. as a bones I think Iv found an Uchiha with hormones! Thou I suppose his brother was a little young to understand that book. Still doesn't explain the rest of the clans prudishness. I wonder how he handles the next part of his task. Not that he can get there soon if he keeps taking a break every panel.'


Cold, that was the sensation that greeted Naruto as he returned to the land of the living. He felt like he was flouting. Opining his eyes he realized he was floating, face down in a lake. “What the hell.” He looked around confused until he found his perverted sensei on the shore. “Morning, time to get up.”
Naruto swam to the shore grumbling the whole way until he stood before his sensei “Now Naruto we need to talk, but first lets hang those cloths up to dry.” Naruto tried to be strong and stop his shivering. “But sensei I don't have any other cloths to wear.” He got an eye smile and a dismissive wave as Kakashi began walking to the camp. “No worse I have other cloths fore you to train in.

At the camp Naruto found a bag with ten identical outfits. Dark blue pants and matching long sleeve shirts. plus a pare of standard fingerless gloves. 'Well I suppose I can look more like a normal ninja for once and this is probably more clothing then Iv owned over the whole of my life before now.' Naruto quickly changed and hung his jump suet above the fire. Even so he couldn't help but feel he was being shaped to a mine me for Kakashi. “Well then this way.” As they left the camp Kakashi subtly pulled a string which silently dropped the cloths line landing Naruto's prised outfit squarely in the fire. 'Thank god.'

“Now Naruto I need to now if your ready for the next exam.” Naruto jumped in the air defiantly. “I'm going to kick everyones ass” Kakashi waited for him to calm back down before continuing. “I'm not asking if you want to win. You saw what that boy did to lee.” Naruto slowly nodded. “next time he may not stop. Until the test is called he will do every thing in his power to kill you.” The boy began to shift nerviness. “The match will not be about wining or loosing it will be life or death. If you want to live you will have to kill him. So I'm asking if you can.” Naruto stood examining his feat. “As Hokage you will kill many there were days the fourth killed five hundred ninja between sun rise and set. If it is your goal to exceed him you must show the same skill, but theres always a first.... Uzumaki Naruto, I'm asking if you are ready to kill Gaara of the sand” After a long moment Naruto looked him in the eye. 'its time to grow up' Between the new artier and calmness he seemed to actually be a ninja for the first time since Kakashi had met him. “Yes unless told to stop I will kill Gaara.”
anthers notes: I admit my editing skills need work. Any help would be appreciated, also any opinions or ideas on the story will be helpful. thou flames piss me off. I tend to want to annoy flamers more.