TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Farther Away From My Sainity by PalmtreeTablet

[Reviews - 1]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: OMG, SORRYYY~~~ i might not continue 'Entwined Flowers' MIGHT. sorry if you liked it alot, but dont hope on a new chapter soon. I'll try GaaraLee, it might be easier to write. I know for a fact that AU is easier to write then Ninja world. DX Hope you enjoy~
“Stop it.”

“Stop it.”

“Stop itttttt...It hurttttsss...!”

His small voice was lost in the whirling of a car driving down the street.

“Gaara, stop wiggling.” Tamari’s motherly voice scolded Gaara as he whined.

“16 year olds shouldn’t whine.”

“Yeah, And there 20 year old sisters need to stop treating them like there 6.” Gaara’s eyes narrowed at his sister as she put anti-infection liquid on His nose.

“Just shut up, Gaara. It’s your fault for Falling so clumsily.” Kankuro said, leaning coolly against the schools wall. Kankuro’s request was shot down with a death glare from Gaara.

“Ok, Gaara-kun. Have a good day, and try not to get suspended on the first day.” Temari kissed Gaara’s forehead lovingly, while his disgusted face made Temari look concerned.

“Don’t beat up other kids.” Temari warned. Gaara just waved her off.

“Ok, Mother...” Gaara’s carelessness of his Sister made her pout.
Kankuro caught up with his younger brother and they exchanged glares.

“You shouldn’t treat Temari that way. She just wants you to have a good life.”

“Too late for that. Sorry.” Gaara walked faster, ahead of Kankuro.

“The least you could do for her is try not get thrown out of this school!” Kankuro yelled out before Gaara walked into the 11th grade building. Kankuro sighed and walked into the 12th grade building.

Gaara had been kicked out of 24 schools in less then 3 years. Either from Beating up kids, or skipping school, or so many others, he had forgotten the other reasons! He hated school so much. The teachers, the students, the books, the class rooms, the lunch, everything. But mostly, he hated the Uniforms. It made him look rich. Like a snob. And the thing he hated most was Snobs. If Gaara had it his way, he would be able to wear his black baggy clothes, in stead of the light blue jacket shirt, a white shirt with a black tie tucked into the jacket, and the long black pants. He was grateful to be able to wear his comfy black Vans shoes, with blue a blue Him sign.
He hated school a lot, as I have all ready said, but when he entered his first class, he wanted to kill everything.

The wooden-metal desks where a bright brown, with white metal bars connecting them to the ground. It seemed that this school WAS for rich people. The girls in the class had either long hair, or short hair, but almost all of them looked the same, with there light blue dresses with white lace at the seams. The boys where a little different, you could tell them apart, but It was still disgusting to Gaara. He glanced to one boy who caught his attention. His hair was the color of the sun, his skin a dark tan, like a honey mixture, his eyes large with the color of innocent Cerulean, his cheeks lightly scratched with scars that resembled whiskers, and a fox grin and a happy expression that made Gaara’s Stomach quiver. Another boy who interested him was a pale boy with raven black/ blue hair with jagged spikes in the back. His eyes where narrow and jet black. He seemed to have interest in the blonde boy, since he kept glancing in his direction.
Another boy who he thought he would NOT like was an older looking boy, with heavy eyebrows and a black bowl cut. His eyes took a round shape, and his uniform had a slight Green tint to it. He seemed vary familiar.
Gaara walked over to the teacher who had motioned him to come forth. The teacher had Sharp male features, and strongly resembled the older looking boy. Was this his dad?

“Well, class! We are honored to have a new student today! His name it...Hmm...Sakido no Gaara?”

His voice was loud and booming. Gaara twitched as he got glares from the students looking idiotic at him.

“SABAKU no Gaara...” His monotone voice echoed through the room in the silence.

He scoffed. “Umm, ok, Sabaku no Gaara. Please find a seat.”

He glided over to the desk in the corner, eyes closed in a serious state. He felt glares from the students as he walked by there desks. Even the blonde idiot looked his way. His evil aura glided with him, scaring some of the teenagers. As he plopped down, he looked up, eyes opened. All of the students shivered and looked back at the board, turning there heads away quickly, except the blonde. Gaara glared at him with his most scariest Death glare ever, but the blonde boy just smiled kindly and turned back to the black board. Gaara sat there, dumb struck.

The teacher continued the lesson, yet barley anyone was listening. They were all talking about the new kid. How he looked like a murderer, how he was scary, how he was going to be the least most popular student here. One of the Girls looked back at Gaara. Her hair was a deep jet black, and as curly as it could get. Her eyes where large, and brown. She blushed and turned around, probably having a crush on him already. The two girls next to her smirked and elbowed her, no less making fun of her for liking him.
He brushed her off quickly, and tried to focus on the lesson. It seemed to be on physics. How boring, He thought. Another thing caught his attention. The boy that he had recognized was peering at him with a determined face.
‘What did he want? A fight? I could give that to him...’Gaara thought, smirking. The strangest this happened. The boy blushed, just as the girl did.
What was wrong with this school? Gaara was utterly confused.

After the first lesson, it was time for math. Or, at least that was what the planner Temari had given to him. Oh, how dearly he wanted to run from this school. It had only been 1 class, and he already wanted to leave. Gaara thought he would pass out if he had to go through this torture for a year.
He made his way to math class, sulking every inch he walked. He walked right into the girl that had looked at him in physics.

“Ow...Oh! E-Excuse me! I-I D-didn’t m-mean....Oh, my papers are every were! Oh, oh...”
She scrambled on the ground, picking up papers every where.

“Please excuse me.” Gaara said, and walked off.

The girl stared at Gaara’s back as he walked away. Her blushing didn’t stop until the bell rang, and she hurriedly gathered her papers and ran to her class.

Gaara’s day was ruined even before it started.

Math class’s teacher was a tall women with a cornflower blue colored hair. Her hair was put up in a way that it looked like it was smashed against her head. Her eyes where grey, and had no pupils. Her uniform was different from the girls, but it was still weird to Gaara. Her jacket was a tan color, and her under shirt looked as though it was fishnet. She wore a skirt the was down to her knees, also a tan color, and her legs bore grey knee high socks that looked more like knee pads. The name on the certificate said ‘Anko Mitarashi’.
Gaara sat own as more students piled in. he sighed. This school really WILL kill him. He glanced at the clock.

’11:40. good. Lunch is soon. Then I’ll be able to leave sc--?!’
Gaara’s thoughts where interrupted by a loud crashing noise. The boy with the bowl cut had fallen down in front of Gaara’s desk. Gaara peered over his desk with a bored expression.

“Loser...” a girl with unnatural pink hair mumbled loud enough so Gaara and the boy could hear. The boys head sank as he picked up his papers.

“Lee-san. Try to stay on you feet. We wouldn’t want you falling on our new student, now would we?” Anko smiled at the boy, whose name, Gaara had discovered, was Lee.
Math was boring, as usual. Gaara was too smart for this school, he thought. Even though he spent so much time in the principals office, or some where else then school, he still read. And he thought books taught him more then any other human could.
The hard part of math wasn’t for Gaara, but was for the teacher, is how it seemed. It looked like she was trying to keep her boobs in her shirt. Gaara sighed. Adults are lame.

After math, it was time for lunch. As soon as Gaara found the cafeteria, he bought his lunch and immediately saw how this school ran.

There was a count of 4 tables. The first table had the raven hair boy, surrounded with girls. In the mist of all of them, there was the pink girl.

‘No surprise there’ Gaara thought. He looked over at another table. this one had at least 4 or 5 people at it, and they were Big.

‘Sport fanatics’ Gaara labeled them, turning away.
He glanced at a table in the corner. It was nicer then the others. It was probably for the teachers, because it was empty, besides the man who had taught them physics.
The last table, not to Gaara’s surprise, had the Lee boy, the Blonde one, and a couple of others. He noticed the girl that liked him was sitting with another girl on the floor, next to the last table. The other girl had short dark blue hair, and pale, pale, pale icy blue eyes.

‘I guess I’ll sit there.’ Gaara thought, walking over to the table. As he did, The girl pointed to him shyly, probably showing the other girl who he was.

“Can I sit here?” He asked, painfully.

The blonde answered.

“Sure.”

Gaara sat and looked over at Lee. He blushed, and looked down at his food.

“So, you’re Gaara?” The blonde boy asked. “Cause I’m Naruto,” He pointed over at a brunette with two small red triangle tattoos under is eyes.. “That’s Kiba” He pointed over to another boy with long brown hair that’s longer then the rest of them, and the same color eyes as the short haired girl sitting on the ground, no less his sister or some relative. “That’s Neji,” He nodded his head in the direction of Lee. “That’s Rock Lee, known as just Lee, and...” Lee blushed and poked his food with a fork. Naruto elbowed a boy next to him that seemed to be sleeping. He had long black hair, put back into a high, spiky pony tail.

“He’s Shikamaru.” Gaara finished his sentence for him.

Shikamaru opened his eyes and looked straight at Gaara.

“Oh....you’re Gaara. Yo.” Shikamaru yawned, smiling. “How’s Temari?”

“She knows you have her panties.” Gaara said casually.

Shikamaru Blushed and everyone broke out laughing except Gaara and Shikamaru.

“H-He has who’s Panties?” Naruto laughed.

“You know, Temari. The girl Shika likes, who’s like, 20.” Kiba wiped a tear off of his cheek.

“Yeah. This is her younger brother.” Shikamaru said, looking at Naruto with a disappointed glare.

After they ate, they went back to class. Gaara’s teachers where annoying, and he didn’t bother. So they didn’t either. The Afternoon went by quickly. Before he knew it, it was time to go home. Temari had work, and Kankuro Carpooled, so Gaara walked home. But before he did, he had a troublesome Task to finish.

The girl who liked him asked Gaara to come to the big maple tree out side. He Sighed and dragged his feet to where the girl was standing.

“If you would mind, I would like this to be quick...”

“Oh, um...I-I....I-I really...L-like......I really like you, Gaara-san!” She blurted out, her face reddened with embarrassment.

“Even though you know nothing about me? Even though I’ve only been here for not even a day? If you like me so much, why don’t you find some reason to like me?” Gaara hissed.

“B-but.....”

“I Hate people that only like a person because of there look.”
Gaara turned on his heel and walked off, leaving the girl to cry at the bottom of the large maple tree.

Walking home wasn’t a breeze like he had hoped. Japan was so different from where he had grown up. It was far, too. Gaara had grown up in London, where the streets were dirty, and no one was ever on the streets. But in Japan, The streets where dirty, yes, but there where people every where. Gaara hated crowds.

As Gaara pushed through the crowds of people, he bumped into someone unexpectedly.

“Oh, sorry. Excuse me.” Gaara said, getting up off the ground.

“No, no. it’s my entire fault. Really, I’m sorry.” A kind voice cooed.

Gaara stared into Light brown eyes, blushing every shade of Red, even to the color of his hair. A girl stood in front of his in a tight dark green dress, with dark orange arm warmers and matching leg warmers.

Her black hair was kept down, but her bangs were in clasps. She smiled.

“I’m quite sorry. Are you ok,...?”

Gaara nodded slightly, still staring at her.

“Gaara.” He blurted out.

“That’s good. Nice to meet you Gaara. My name is Haku.”