TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Caught in the Fray by Soul Orchard

[Reviews - 7]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Long time no see!

I got a sudden inspiration for this story and I am proud to announce that this chapter is the ending to “Caught in the Fray”!

Now you must be wondering “OMGWTF!!!!1111”

But I will also announce “Caught in the Maelstrom” in a little while which is what you all really will want to read.

Alright I’ll be talking to you guys later!

oh and i also want you guys to check out "Philosopy of Love" The summery may seem...boring but it'll get better
Red vs. Blue…

It was eerily quiet.

It was too balmy for the time of year.

And there was a strong Chakra in the air…

A young man, bronze hair tied lightly in a pony tail, piercing green eyes and a black cloak with red clouds on them stood above a younger boy who was lying splayed out on the floor in the middle of a circular design.

“My name’s Zetsue…” The cloaked man said to the boy, brushing a few stands of hair from the frightened boys face. “Don’t worry…I wont kill you.” He said with a kind smile. The boy shivered. “I’m sorry we had to take you so forcefully…but I needed you to complete my mission.”

“Zetsue…Hurry up! I can sense Naruto coming. He’ll be here in an hour.” Ignoring Izumi, Zetsue patted the boys head.

“Can I tell you a secret?” Zetsue whispered to the boy. “You see, like you I have a bloodline trait as well. But unlike yours mine has no…original or flashy ability. Instead it works more like the sharingan. Only…instead of copying jutsu mine copies other bloodlines. The only thing is I have to complete this annoying ritual. Now I’m not going to lie…this will hurt but it won’t kill you.” He stepped away from the boy and walked to the bottom of the circle, forming three hand seals.

“Tell me.” Izumi cam from behind him. “Why did you alert Konoha of this?”

“Because, they think he’s being tortured or interrogated. With that in haunting theirs minds they will come here to kill, no mercy in their hearts.”

“I’m still not getting it.”

“I want to test my new found powers on strong merciless enemies.”

“I hope you know what you’re doing.”

------

“This is the team you have asked for Neji.” Tsunade addressed the Hyuuga. “Hatake Kakashi, Uchiha Sasuke, Nara Shikamaru, and Tenten.” The four stared back at the Godaime.

“You have your orders, Go!” Like that they disappeared from the office.

At lightning fast speeds the five ninja race to the north wall of Konoha. “Alright, do we know which members of Akatsuki were dealing with?” Shikamaru asked, speeding his pace so he could hear Neji’s answer.

“No.” Neji answered, not really caring as to know which Akatsuki members lives he was going to end.

“Troublesome…”

“Do we know why your son has been taken?” Kakashi fell in front of the other four as the exited the village.

“It was an ultimatum…They want the eyes of a main branch member of my family. Since Katsuo is from the branch family…”

“I see…” Kakashi responded.

“I’ve got a plan.” Shikamaru spoke up.

“Already eh?”

“Kakashi, since you’ve been around for a while…”

“Are you calling me old?” Kakashi said, sounding hurt.

“…Yeah, I’m calling you old. I’m sure you’ve copied an invisibility jutsu?”

“Yes, I have one, but my body will exude chakra so it isn’t that effective.”

“Don’t worry about that. When we find the location of the enemy I’m going to have Kakashi go in through the back, invisible. I’ll use a new jutsu that I’ve been working on to mask all our chakras. Tenten will come in from the right, setting up multiple weapon traps and Neji will attack from the front, making it seem he is the only one here.”

“What about me?” Sasuke said from behind.

“You’re gong to stay behind and observe with your Sharingan. Just in case the plan doest work you’ll rush in.”

“Sounds okay…” Kakashi said removing his head protector from over his eye.

“Byakuugan!” Neji scanned the area. “There…I can see his chakra…”

“Alright let’s move into position!”

------

“There’s someone coming…” Izumi stood and looked to the south.

“Heh…it took them long enough.” Zetsue cracked his knuckles. Suddenly a flash of white sprung from the forest and assaulted Zetsue. The attack was blocked by a sheet of ice.

“Only one…” Zetsue questioned as he looked at the long haired Shinobi in front of him. “Izumi, I won’t need your help from here on.” She nodded and stepped back. “Alright who is it I’m going to kill?” Slowly Neji looked up at the younger man with angry white eyes.

“Oh…A Hyuuga? Well I’ve got a surprise for you.” Performing a few hand seals he gathered a large amount of chakra. “Byakuugan!” His eyes suddenly bulged and lost color.”

“What have you done?” Neji said in a low voice.

“Kage bunshin no Jutsu!” Zetsue split in to four ninja. As they were about to attack two of them were shot down with shuriken and another had a fist sticking out of his chest. “So there are more!” The real Zetsue jumped back, dodging more shuriken, and a silver haired ninja. “I’ll still take you all on.”

“Chidori!” Kakashi lunged fist first at the Akatsuki member.

“Heavenly spin!” A whirlwind of chakra surrounded Zetsue blocking the Chidori. After the spin was completed Zetsue struck a point in Kakashi’s arm, stopping the Chidori. Zetsue effectively dodged a series of finger strikes and two shuriken. “Ninpou: One thousand hands of Buddha!” Before Neji had a chance to register what was happening he was struck one thousand times, too fast for even his Byakuugan could register it. “Buddha’s Palm!” Fast as lightning Kakashi was hit with an open palm strike to his chest. Like that the two fell to the floor.

Izumi then stepped forward. “Ninpou! Shi-ku yari no aisu!” The sound of suddenly freezing ice filled the air. Tenten and Shikamaru had been trapped in ice.

“I said I didn’t need help…”

“I wasn’t going to stand back and let you have all the fun…”

“Whatever…It’s time to finish these guys.” Zetsue gathered chakra into his hands.

“Kakuro no Jutsu!” Zetsue jumped away, barely getting away from the black flame. Izumi and Zetsue looked up only to see angry red eyes.

“It would seem there’s one left.” Zetsue smiled.

“Damn…It’s Sasuke. Zetsue we have to get out of here.”

“Why!? I can take him!” Zetsue lunged toward him, ready to strike. But the attack never went through. A tan hand held Zetsue’s firmly. A cloaked man stood next to Zetsue, a hood covering his face.

“Now, now Zetsue. What did I tell you to do if we ever encountered Sasuke?” Sasuke eyes widened when he herd the foreign yet familiar voice.

“B-but Naruto-sama!”

“No buts.” The taller man pulled of his hood to reveal blond hair and blue eyes.

“N-Naruto…” Sasuke said in a low voice slowly.

“Heh, It’s been a long time hast it Sasuke.” Naruto smiled cheekily at Sasuke.

------