TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Caught in the Fray by Soul Orchard

[Reviews - 7]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I do not own Naruto. This story is also posted on FF.Net and i decided to put it here.
Caught in the Fray



Naruto stood in Sasuke’s door way. It was about midnight when Naruto knocked on the door of the Uchiha heir. Sasuke leaned on his door frame glaring at naruto from waking him up from an interesting dream. Naruto stared at Sasuke with sad blue eyes before he spoke.

“Sasuke I…” He hesitated.

“Spit it out!” Sasuke said rubbing his eyes.

“Can I ask you a question?” He said looking down at the floor.

“You woke me up to ask me a question?” Sasuke groaned out, preparing to slam the door in the blonds face.

“It’s important.” Naruto looked Sasuke in the eyes.

“Then…” He said impatient.

“If…if I were to disappear tomorrow…would…would you miss me?” Sasuke stood for a second looking in naruto eyes, eyes that seemed to be begging for an answer. Sasuke groaned before replying.

“That’s a stupid question.” Naruto looked at him with hope. “Of course I wouldn’t, with you gone that would mean one less annoying person to bug me.” Naruto’s eyes fell at the response. Putting on a fake grin he looked back up to Sasuke.

“I thought you would say that…” He turned his back to the Uchiha. “Okay that’s all I wanted… Good bye Sasuke.” With that he left.

‘What the hell was that about…?’ Sasuke thought before he closed the door.

Naruto looked at the clock on his desk. ‘One am’ He stared at the note he had been writing and sighed. A sudden wind entered the room announcing the presence of a new person in the room.

“Are you ready?” Naruto didn’t need to turn around to know who it was.

“Yeah…let’s go Itachi.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kakashi, Sakura, and Sasuke entered Naruto’s apartment. They came because the blond never showed up for the mission, needless to say it was canceled. Sakura was fuming that she wouldn’t be able to flirt shamelessly with Sasuke because Naruto decided not to show. She bypassed every thing and went straight to the closed door of Naruto’s room and started pounding on it. “Naruto! Get your lazy ass up!”

Sasuke looked around the apartment. To his surprise it was clean. Dishes were stacked neatly. No gross fungus growing anywhere like he had imagined. Kakashi was drawn to something else. There were a couple of scrolls left on his kitchen table. He picked one up and read it. Hs one visible eye widened. ‘This is advanced jutsus…” He picked up another. ‘And this one can only be found in the Hokage’s private library…’

Fed up with the lack of response Sakura decided to let herself in. After breaking down the door she walked in hoping to break something else of Naruto’s but was surprised to find the place empty. Naruto’s room was impeccably clean. Sakura proceeded to turn the room upside down, convinced that Naruto was just pulling a prank or some thing of the sort.

Sasuke entered shortly after her. He looked around the room which was now being thrashed. Walking over to the desk opposite the bed he saw a picture. It was of the whole team. He remembered that day. Sasuke was soaking wet from having fallen, more like pushed into a river. Naruto was in the same condition, if sasuke was falling in the river someone was coming with him, unfortunately Naruto was closest. Having an arm draped around Sasuke’s shoulder naruto was grinning while Sasuke frowned. Sakura, smiling as well, stood a bit off to the side refusing to get wet and in the background stood Kakashi, orange book ever present.

Sasuke felt a small smile tug at his lips. Hs eyes wandered from the picture to a piece of paper lying on the desk. Sasuke picked up the paper and started to read. The world seemed to stop revolving as he read on. He let the paper drop from his hand when he finished. Curious Sakura picked up the paper and started reading.

“Sasuke…” Sakura said quietly after reading it herself. “What does he mean ‘leaving’…?”