TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Echoes of Loved Ones by Cathryn Arden

[Reviews - 4]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Hello this is my first fan fiction idea, is like, forever. I guess life over the past few years has been quite hectic, so there hasn't been the time to sit down and write anything. But that all changed with my new Nokia n97 mini, which has it's own keyboard , and word processor, and tinny keys which are suitable for my abnormally small hands which must lunge across a normal sized keyboard. Seriously it's my new best friend.

But anyway this story has been screaming out inside my head for ages so hopefully if I jet write it down it'll finally go away, maybe :)

(V)(O)(I)(C)(E)(S)(V)(O)(I)(C)(E)(S)

Haruno was the first to admit that she failed at life. Everything had been going somewhat fine until she became obsessed with Sasuke, things had been going even better when they were placed on the same team. Things would have been great if she hadn't made the foolish decision to abandon the village and run off with him to Orochimaru.

Too make a long story short it didn't end well. There was anguish, pain, betrayal, lots and lots of blood. But eventually she managed to escape and join a nice peaceful clan of rogue ninja in the rain country. It was nice while it lasted. Peaceful farming, peaceful ninja training, peaceful gun powder making. But then the whole Fourth Great Ninja war sprung up out of nowhere. Which for some reason seemed to involve every ninja on the continent.

This all led to her current predicament. She was stuck in the middle of a great shinobi war, trapped in the cellar of an abandoned house. But to top it all off its current occupant was none other than a Konoha ninja. This could have been an avoidable situation if they weren't completely surrounded by Akatsuki mercenaries who were gunning for their blood.

But the Akatsuki mercenaries weren't what she was most afraid off. Sakura was a spy disguised as a civilian, but conveniently on their side. Her biggest fear was that the ninja across the room would discover that she wasn't a poor helpless civilian, but a shinobi working to undermine his village.

Even worse he could realize that she was the missing nin Haruno Sakura.

It was hard to see his face clearly since he was half covered in mud, and his hair was soaking wet and plastered to his face. He was wrapping what looked like explosive tags around kunais, one after another in a hypnotic rhythm. Like her pounding heart which she swore was going to explode any moment if she didn't get the hell out of here and away from a reminder of all her troubles.

Why?

Why?

Even though the cellar was huge, why did it suddenly feel so cramped? She drew her knees up to her chest and hugged them. Her clothes were still soaking wet from the rain. He couldn't possibly recognize her right? She had gone to so much effort to continuously dye her hair black ever since Sasuke had scorned that pick hair wasn't suitable for a ninja.

If he came any closer and recognized her face it was all over. She was pretty sure that she had never met this guy, but they had posters and pictures for missing nins right? Living out this ghastly war had to be better than what lay in store for her if she was ever dragged back to that village. She had turned her back on everyone and joined the enemy, Sakura was a traitor.

She glanced up at him again. Please god just go away.

Why is time...

Going ever so slowly?

Luckily the Konoha nin mistook her obvious anxiety as fear of what lay outside.

"There's no need to be afraid," he said in a tone that was obviously trying to calm her. I'm an S class ninja, so there's no way I'm going to let you get hurt. I'll have you out of here soon."

Great, not only was she trapped in a room with a ninja that could lead to her execution, he also happened to be an S ranked one. In the dim lighting it was possible to see that he was smiling, but it her panic Sakura mistook it for gloating.

He finished his tags and tossed all the kunai back in his bag. "What's your name?"

Sakura saw through his pathetic attempt to clam her, it was ninja 101 technique to engage in petty talk with civilians in order to put them as ease.

"A-Aya," she said off the top of her head, in a voice shakier than expected. Aya had been the name of her last target. She had been a nice looking girl, but unfortunately she had been selling of information to the enemy and that had to be stopped. It was ironic that she could also end up the same way in a matter of moments.

"Well Aya I promise I'll get you out of this alive and home safe," he paused for a second and looked around the dusty room. "Unless this is your house, which I'm sorry cause I may have blown out one of the walls, and I think all those tremors are the enemy slowly tearing it apart, but on my way here I saw this awesome village which has some of the bes-"

Before he could finish the wall behind him exploded.

Sakura herself was shattered with debris, so it was safe to issue that the ninja himself had become a corpse under the rubble.

But before she knew it, she found herself swept of her feet and thrown over the shoulder of what she assumed must have been one of the Akatsuki. Except when she glanced down at his back, it was the leaf village spiral staring back. The Leaf ninja was carrying her over his shoulder.

"Wow that was a close one wasn't it miss."

They were also no longer in the cellar, he must have grabbed her when he dodged explosion. From her current angle she also discovered that he was blonde. Sakura tried to somehow weasel out of his hold, but he only grabbed on tighter.

"Seriously you have to stop panicking!"

Oh my god he's going to know, he's going to know and then I'll be dragged back to leaf and put on execution by the Hokage, and my entire friends and family will know that I'm a dirty spy who's been trying to undermine them from the past year...

"Konoha scum!" Yelled an Akatsuki.

With great effort she managed to maneuver her head around to see thirty of them lined up before them, just waiting to pounce. Just like the United Ninja Army, the mercenaries who worked for Akatsuki where ninja who decided to align themselves with the other side.

There were more than she expected. They were completely out numbered. She didn't have to worry about Konoha anymore because there was no way that she would survive this.

"Akatsuki trash," the Konoha ninja hissed back. "You're not so tough when you don't have your leader to back you up."

"Mandara's vision is the right one, he will bring peace to all the ninja world."

"Don't you cronies ever think of anything more original to say," he crouched down and carefully stood her on the ground. "I'm sorry but I'm going to have to put you down now, if you're patient I'll take you some where nice once I'm done."

"Hey wait!" she reached out and grabbed his sleeve. "There's no way that you can bet them, it's better if we surrender now." Surrender now, so that I can explain that I'm on their side, and for you... that's just bad luck.

He gently unpeeled her fingers from around his sleeve, and smiled as though to reassure her. "Don't worry, have a little faith," maybe it would have been more convincing if he had been clean and good looking, but he was filthy and his uniform had holes in several places. He already looked like he was half way to the grave.

Maybe she would die today after all.

She watched his back as he walked towards them. He had a nice look back, and Sakura was overcome with a sense of helplessness. She felt compelled to help him even though it would be fruitless. It seemed so cruel to let him go off and die for the sake of someone who was his enemy. When had she become a person who would allow this sort of thing?

She watched as he reached into his bag. She had seen him wrapping the explosive tags around kunai while they had been trapped in the cellar. Was he hopping for a last stand? There was no way that he could take them all out with what he had.

He grabbed a handful and through them haphazardly into the crowd. Sakura's stomach dropped as she saw that his aim was bad, and that most of them had missed. Either he had lied to her, or the standard of S class ninja had certainly fallen since she was in Konoha.

But before she could yell out "I'm on your side, please don't kill me!" he disappeared.

For a moment she thought that maybe he had been knocked away by the Akatuki when she blinked.

But there was suddenly a scream, and a ninja fell down.

Then another

Then another.

She stared in shock wondering what had happened before she saw in an instant the Konoha ninja appear, strike down a ninja. Then disappear again, only to reappear again on the other side of the battlefield.

He moved so fast that her eyes could barely follow.

His speed was amazing.

Unheard of.

Almost like a flash of thunder.

And as soon as it begun is was all over, and all that was left was the single Konoha ninja standing alone amongst the bodies of the enemy. She almost cheered for him before she realized that he was the enemy, and that she could one day be standing across from her on the battlefield. The very idea sent a shudder down her spine.

"By god," she muttered. She knew that this war was full of scary people, but she had tried her best to avoid them until now.

And then he was suddenly standing before her and he reached out for her hand. She didn't remember taking it, but in a moment she was swept up in what felt like a whirlwind. She reached out and grabbed onto anything that could help steady her feeling of dislocation, which turned out to be the jacket of the man who she had been dreading only moments earlier.

And as fast as it started it all stopped, and she could feel ground beneath her feet once more. She sighed in relief and looked up only to realize that she had been clinging onto the Konoha ninja for dear life. He face went red and she pulled away as fast as possible. She stared at the ground and tried to avoid looking at him.

The Konoha ninja on the other hand was unfazed. Maybe he saved distressed maidens on a daily basis. "I'm sorry about everything Miss but you should be safe from now on. This place is far from the war zone."

Sakura stared at him dumbly. She felt light headed and she was seeing double. Wait far from the war zone. It was impossible to travel that far with simple transportation techniques, surely they were in an neighboring town.

She looked around for any familiar landmarks, and was surprised at the lack of rubble and decay. There were also people who didn't look like they were starving, freely walking the streets. It was strange to find somewhere still so untouched, where people could walk so openly in the streets without the fear of attack.

Unless...

And then it hit her. "Hey wait a moment-"

But when she turned around he was gone.

All that remained was settling dust.

"This is the water country!" Yelled the voice of Haruto Sakura from halfway across the continent.

(V)(O)(I)(C)(E)(S)(V)(O)(I)(C)(E)(S)

Hello, I hope you enjoyed my story. There is actually a lot more to come, and you haven't seen the end of our two main ninja characters. I was originally going to have this story in one giant long chapter, but I though it might be better to break it all up so that I can past the different parts sooner. It's really going to focus on Sakura's defection to Orochimaru and the different consequences that it created, so it's going to be very interesting and character based.

You can encourage me to write faster by reviewing...hint...hint..hint...