TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Out of the Mist by DancerOfShadows

[Reviews - 15]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: I don’t own any original Naruto characters or places.

Kakashi’s eyes widened as he awoke, his masked face dotted with sweat. He lay in his bed for a few moments, recovering from his nightmare. He sat up slowly, staring off into space as he remembered what had happened. He shook his head slightly, then threw off the covers and got ready for a day full of missions with his team.

Kakashi arrived at the meeting spot for the day- a bridge over a small creek- where he found Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke waiting for him.

“Kakashi-sensei! What took you so long this time?” Sakura asked, looking up at Kakashi irritably.

Instead of one of his usual replies, Kakashi merely shrugged and said, “Sorry to keep you waiting. Let’s get going, shall we?”

“Yeah! What’re we doing today? Beating up some bad guys? Escorting a Feudal Lord? Spying on another village?” Naruto asked energetically, bouncing around the bridge as he did so. Suddenly, one of the planks split in half and Naruto fell through, only to be caught by Sasuke.

“Watch where you step, idiot,” he said, rolling his eyes.

“I did that on purpose! I wanted a swim!” Naruto lied, glaring at Sasuke for a moment before turning back to Kakashi. “So, what are we doing?”

“Helping someone build a shed. Come on,” Kakashi replied, ignoring Naruto’s protests.

By the time the shed was done, the sun was high in the sky as if waiting for something to happen. The sky was clear, save for a few wisps of white that were clouds. Naruto was lying down with his back to a tree, sleeping lightly. Meanwhile, Sasuke was leaning against a different tree, thinking with his head resting on a fist, and Sakura was lying on a tree branch, looking up through the leaves. Kakashi was gazing up into the sky, as if searching for something.

“We have to hurry back to the village. Now,” Kakashi said suddenly, a sense of urgency in his tone. Sakura dropped down from the tree, landing on and immediately awakening Naruto. The four headed swiftly back to Konoha without any conversation. The three Genin were wondering why Kakashi had seemed so disturbed.
When they reached the village, the reason for Kakashi’s strange actions were easily explained. Konoha was being attacked by ninja from the Village of Mist.