TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Our Ninja Way by freckledginger

[Reviews - 20]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Finally Chapter 2~
This chapter might seem pointless, but I actually really enjoyed writing it, I do not think I have an actual reason why. This time my friend went over it for me, so hopefully mistakes will be minimal?
The song is You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift. I thought it fit because it shows how Dachi feels about Kana. And because it's my favorite song. :) As always, Reviews and Tips are appreciated!
Our Ninja Way

02.

[Dachi’s POV]

~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**
If you could see that I’m the one, who understands you,
Been here all along, so why can’t you see?
You, you belong with me, you belong with me
~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**


“Auntie, Uncle! I’m going to be leaving now!” I announced as I made my way to the front door.

“Alright, Dachi-kun. Please be careful. Oh and tell Kana and Kei I said hello. I haven’t seen them in a while.” My aunt responded while giving me a tight hug, which could be the last one for a long long time.

“That’s right. You sure did used to talk about them a lot, especially Kana. What happened, Dachi?” My uncle added

“Well-I. We’ve just…” I stammered out, trying to explain exactly what happened between Kana and I. “I have to get going now. Sayōnara.” I said while rushing out the door, not giving them the opportunity to grill me any longer about the subject.

I wonder if I’ll ever be able to tell them…I thought to myself, as I slowly made my way to team Misako’s meeting point.

*Flashback*

I’m going to tell her. I’m finally going to tell her. I thought to myself as I made my way to my fellow genin teammates.

“Yo, Dachi!” Kei greeted once I finally approached

“Hello, Dachi-kun.” Kana said waving softly

“Hey Kei, Kana-chan. I-I have something that I need to talk to you about.” I responded meekly.

“Oh, what is it Dachi?” she asked curiously

“Do you think w-we could go over there and talk?” I suggested while pointing away towards a large Oak tree not too far off.

Her gazed glided over to where I was pointing to. She nodded lightly in agreement before heading over there.

I took in a deep breath before I fully faced Kana, who had a lambent smile gracing her face.

“Kana-chan. I don’t know how to say this, but I… IloveyouKanaIalwayshave.” I splurged out while stretching out a single bright orange Hyakunichisou (1) flower that could never challenge her vibrant orange hair.

“Dachi.” She breathed softly

“I understand if…you don’t feel the same. Just please, accept this flower. I want it to be a symbol for you to always remember my loyalty towards you.” I whispered, stretching the flower out further. “Please.” I pleaded quietly.

Her gaze shifted from between the flower and myself repeatedly. Finally, a light smile spread across her face.

Gracefully, she took hold of the flower, and held it up to her chest. “Thank you, so much Dachi.” She said sincerely.

I forced a light smile to form in acknowledgement.

Before walking back over to a confused Kei and impatient Sensei, Kana lightly kissed my cheek, sending a wide array of tingles to ring throughout my face.

That action only made my heart break more. At least I finally told her. I thought. If only she knew how badly I’ve wanted to be with her.

I’ll always be here for you, Kana. No matter what.
I promised her.

*End of Flashback*

I sighed miserably as I relived the memory as if it happened just a day ago.

Since then, we haven’t said a word about it, but Kei has always mocked the both of us for it. Only making my heart break all the more unbearable.

[Kana’s POV]

“Kanaaaaa.” Kei whined “Why are we here so early! It’s pitch black out here!”

“We’re not here early Kei. Hisako Sensei said to be here by 9. And it’s 9:45.” I responded

“Dachi’s not even here. That has to mean something. I’m not very fond of traveling at night you know.” Kei retorted

“I’m here.” A soft voice corrected from behind me

“Dachi-kun.” I greeted before giving him a light hug.

After a moment’s hesitation, he slowly hugged back.

“Alright, now that Dachi’s here, where in the hell is Hisako Sensei!” Kei whined “At this rate, it’ll take us the entire month to get there.”

“Maybe she has to take care of something. Let’s just give her the benefit of the doubt.” Dachi said rather confidently.

“Hmfph.” Kei responded as he slid down a tree.

“Dachi. How are your Aunt and Uncle doing? I haven’t seen either of them in a while.” I asked curiously while taking a seat on a nearby rock.

“That’s funny, K-kana-chan. They actually asked about you before I left. But they’re doing fine, thank you for asking.”

“I’ll be sure to visit them as soon as we get back from the mission.” I responded with a warm smile

“I’ll go too if your Aunt will make me that homemade ramen again!” Kei added

Dachi laughed lightly-something that didn’t happen very often- “I’ll be sure to tell her that, Kei.”

“Alright Kiddos!” a familiar voice said from a tree “All ready to go?”

“We’ve been ready, Hisako Sensei.” Kei retorted while rising from his previous position “Let’s just get this over with.”

“Someone’s eager. Anyways, before we leave I’m going to explain some things to you. 1. Everyone please behave, we’re representing Kirigakure and we don’t want other villages thinking that we’re a bunch of brats, alright Kei?”

“Hmfph.”

“2. You’re free to consider this as a small vacation. But be prepared at any time to be assigned another mission. During your stay, you will be considered as Konoha citizens. And 3. Halfway, we will meet with a team from Konoha, and they will escort us the rest of the way. Got it?” she concluded

“Hai, Sensei.” Dachi responded

“Sensei, do you know who the team is made up of?” I asked curiously

“I don’t know their identities, but it’s a 4 man squad. Don’t ask me why they decided to send 4 people.” She responded “Let’s go, we don’t want to make our escorts wait too long.” She said sarcastically

Kei, Dachi and I all nodded in agreement.

“Deploy Team Hisako!” she announced as she sprinted off through the gates of Kiri.

~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**

“This is so demanding.” Kei complained

“Kei. Once again, please shut up.” Hisako responded

“What kind of sensei are you?” Kei mumbled under his breath

“Well. I think this is the rendezvous point.” Sensei said, completely ignoring Kei’s comment “I’m going to go ahead, and see if I see any sign of the team that’s supposed to be escorting us. You guys go ahead and set up camp.”

“Pfflbt. Always making us do the hard stuff.” Kei said as he plopped all of his things on the ground. “Let’s show her what we can do.” He said mischievously before creating 5 other shadow clones.

“Leave it to me!” the 6 Keis said simultaneously; running off in different directions completing the task that Hisako assigned us.

Dachi and I laughed quietly, completely leaving everything up to Kei.

I looked up at the sky, to see all of the innumerable stars that twinkled gracefully in their indigo background.

I wonder…if she’s gazing at the same stars just as I am. I said to myself.

[Hanako’s POV](2)
I looked up at the dark blue sky, studying the many stars that gently lit the night. The moment I saw a shooting star, I closed my eyes tightly.

I wish I’ll be able to see my family again, even if it’s just one last time. I wished mentally. Kei, Kana. I’m leaving all of this up to you.

“Beloved son, and precious daughter, be wise and make my heart rejoice.” I murmured just above a whisper before breaking into silent sobs.

______________
(1) a Hyakunichisou is the japanese name for a Zinnia. I think they're the prettiest flowers, especially the orange ones. The name Hyakunichisou also means Loyalty. :)
(2) Hanako is Kei and Kana's mother. I just decided to throw in her POV for fun.