TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


These Scars Won't Tear Us Apart by PictureMeBroken4124

[Reviews - 2]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: First Gaara fanfic. Original character. Give it a chance?
Chapter notes: Hope you like it.:)
“Yumi-Chan! Lets go play outside.” Melodia said, running up to her little sister and smiling. The two were born mere weeks apart, but their father had always stressed that Melodia was oldest and so she should look after her younger sister.

“Ok.” Yumi grinned at Melodia and the two set off in a race, Yumi‘s dark indigo hair flying out behind her to mingle with Melodia‘s silvery white locks. Both girls’ hair came down to the same place near the middle of their backs and swung around wildly when they moved. When they reached their play area Melodia noticed a small red-headed boy sitting all alone on the swing. He had a teddy bear held tightly to his chest and seemed likely to burst into tears. Melodia started to go over to him when one of the kids Yumi and her were playing kickball with called.

“Melodia! Come on. I want you on my team.” Ayami yelled. Yumi smiled at her big sister and motioned for her to hurry up.

The little redhead looked up at Melodia and gave a sad, half-smile. Melodia offered him a small wave before going to her team.

The game progressed as usual, with Melodia and Yumi’s team in the lead. Yumi tended to be more than a little competitive with games like kickball, and always tried her hardest to win. Melodia was really laid back for the most part, but she refused to let anyone have a chance to gloat about her failures, so when it came time, Melodia was dominating the kickball field.

It was almost dark by the time they finished playing and decided to walk home. Yumi and Melodia had walked their friend Chitose to her house and were on their way back to the Miyagi family estate.

“Yumi-Chan?” Melodia said, dark red eyes gazing up into the red, orange, and purple haze known as the sunset.

“Yes, Mel-Chan?” Yumi said, her own ebony eyes searching the sky as they wandered down the empty streets.

“Do you know anything about that little redheaded boy that was sitting on the swing?”

“You mean Gaara? I don’t know much. Only what Chitose and the other kids have said. I know he’s the Kazekage’s youngest son, but he lives with his uncle near the field.” Yumi bit her lip, trying to remember everything she had heard. “He has a brother and a sister. His mother died giving birth to him. Supposedly, he’s dangerous, but I’m not so sure. He looks so sad all the time. That‘s pretty much all I know.”

“Thanks, Yumi-Chan.” Melodia smiled over at her younger sister who grinned back.

“Your welcome, Mel-Chan.” The girls arrived home shortly after.

---

After everyone had gone to sleep Melodia was still awake. She hadn’t been able to stop thinking about how sad Gaara had looked. She couldn’t imagine the Kazekage’s son being so miserable. Melodia slid out from under the sheets and walked over to her window. Slowly, she lifted the window and starred out into the streets of Suna, before padding over to her closet.

She pulled a dark red kimono out of the closet and slipped into it before pulling her sandals on and tying her hair back in a small ponytail. She arranged her bed in case her step-mother or father came in to check on her and jumped out of her window. It wasn’t a very far drop and Melodia landed on her feet. After checking to make sure no one would see, she started her walk. It didn’t take her long to get to the swing. She sat down on it and thought about Gaara. She wondered if he had any friends at all and what his family was like, but mainly about why he didn’t live with the Kazekage.

As she was thinking about all of this, a figure had snuck onto the field and was watching her. Melodia hummed softly to herself as she swang. Gaara watched from his place behind the tree and contemplated saying hi. When he had finally decided against it and started back towards his uncle’s house, Melodia caught him.

“Hi.” She said, jumping off of the swing and smiling at him. “I’m sorry, I didn’t know you’d be out here.”

“I- it’s ok.” Gaara replied.

“I’m Melodia. What’s your name?” Though she already knew, it was always nice to ask.

“Gaara.”

“Hm. That’s an odd name.” Gaara tensed, waiting for her to start insulting him or throwing stones like the other kids did. “But I like it.” She said, startling Gaara.

“Really?”

“Yeah. It’s kind of interesting.” Gaara managed a smile. “Your hair is a really pretty color.” Melodia giggled as a pink tint found it’s way to Gaara’s cheeks.

“Gaara?” Melodia heard someone call.

“Coming, Yashamaru.” Gaara called back. He waved once and smiled at Melodia before running off. Melodia smiled to herself and began walking back to her own home.
Chapter end notes: Hope you liked it.:)