TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Freedom Fighters by FireFox

[Reviews - 16]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
It was a bright, sunny, cheerful day...

No, let me rephrase that for you.

It was a dark, gloomy day. In all honesty, it sucked ass, and it wasn’t even my lunch break yet.

That’s better.

The Hokage, Tsunade, was currently letting us, the loyal Jonins, Chuunins, and ANBU, know of a letter she found pinned to her wall earlier today. It was 5 in the morning, and most of us were already grumpy from our lack of coffee and other things. I looked over to one of my friends, shaking my head in a mock disappointed way at how she actually got ready for this meeting. I looked down at myself in my loose sweatpants and t-shirt, my pajamas of course. If it wasn’t close to being fall, I would have opted for my lovely boxers.

“Sakura, care to explain why you are already looking half-decent?” I asked, tilting my head, blocking Tsunade’s booming voice.

“Well, Caty, why don’t you explain that bird-nest of a hair style?” Sakura asked sarcastically, grinning brightly.

Oh yeah, I suppose you guys have no idea who I am. My name is Caty Taiiji, your usual, 18-year old ninja. I’m a Jonin now, along with Sakura and the others. I suppose you are also wondering why you’ve never seen me around before. The answer to that is: I’m just THAT much of a kickass ninja.

I shrugged and grinned at Sakura sheepishly, pushing a piece of red hair behind my ear. I WAS going to respond to her question with something that’d defiantly get me punched when a loud yell distracted everyone.

“The next Hokage HAS ARRIVED!” The voice yelled. Everyone kept their eyes on the Hokage, knowing who this ‘mystery’ person was. Who was it? It was the boy currently in the orange jumpsuit with a penguin hat. It was the one and only, Naruto Uzumaki, of course. Common sense? Hell no. Color blind? Maybe. ADHD? You know it.

“Oh god, Naruto.” I heard Sakura mutter, slapping her forehead. Well, this certainly brightened my day, now we all get the PRIVLEDGE to get a killer headache when Tsunade starts yelling at Naruto.

“Naruto Uzumaki!” Tsunade yelled, as if she read my mind. Maybe she did, or maybe I said it out-loud…how would she have heard me though? Maybe her hearing is just THAT good.

“Yes, granny?” Naruto asked, looking up at her innocently, well…as innocently as he could.

“You’re late.” Tsunade said simply.

“No, you are just early!” Naruto yelled, pointing a finger at her childishly, “ALL OF YOU ARE!”

Sakura grabbed onto Naruto, after seeing Tsunade’s eye twitch, and forced Naruto to bow his head.

“Forgive him, Lady Tsunade.” Sakura said apologetically, as Naruto muttered a string of curses.

Tsunade gave them a look, obviously showing this wasn’t over yet. Damn, that woman was scary sometimes.

“As I was saying,” Tsunade continued from where she left off, “The Akatsuki is stronger than ever, there are only a few villages that haven’t bowed to them. We’ve received this letter, telling us to obey them. We do it, or risk being destroyed.”

Way to be honest there, Tsunade.

“They can’t destroy us!” Naruto protested, raising his fist.

“They have 8 of the 9 tails, Naruto.” Tsunade stated, looking at him seriously, “Many villages now obey them, this could turn to an all out war.”

Naruto couldn’t find a positive comeback for that, he opened his mouth, and then shut it.

“Yah, well…The other villages are dumb anyway.” He said lamely, causing everyone to sigh loudly. I face palmed, looking at Naruto through my fingers. He laughed nervously at everyone’s looks at him.

“ANYWAY,” Tsunade cleared her throat, “We need to figure out what to do.”

“Give into them of course.” Someone from the back said, taking the attention away from Naruto.

Of course, Naruto being Naruto, had to take that attention back.

“NO! That’s DUMB! You’re DUMB! We will fight! BELIEVE IT!” Naruto exclaimed, jumping into the air. I was waiting for him to go all army on us, and pull out a machine gun or something.

“YOSH! THAT’D BE THE YOUTHFUL THING TO DO!” The thing that is named Lee, suddenly exclaimed. Where the hell did he come from…? I heard Guy laughing loudly from behind me. Shivering slightly, I shuffled my way closer to Sakura, who was deep in thought.

“Thinking hard, Pinky?” I asked innocently. She shot a glare at me, before nodding her head.

“There has to be SOMETHING we can do.” She said, looking determined, “I know the Akatsuki are powerful, but still.”

I nodded my head, thinking also. It’s hard to think though when suddenly Naruto and Lee are yelling about ‘freedom fighting’. That’s when it clicked. The little light bulb over my head suddenly turned ON, and I could see the bright light at the end of the tunnel…maybe I was going too far there. Judging by the look on Sakura’s face, she had gotten an idea too.

“Are you thinking what I’m thinking…?” I asked curiously, as she turned her head to look at me sideways.

“I think I am.” Sakura replied, giving me a sideways grin. Oh boy, this must be good!

We opened our mouths at the same time, and let me tell you, it was not the same thing.

“SASUKE WOULD KNOW WHAT TO DO!”

“LET’S START A FREEDOM FIGHTING GROUP TO TAKE AKATSUKI OUT!”

I’m sure you can guess what came out of which mouth. If not, let’s take a look at Sakura. The one who used to be obsessed with Sasuke. I’m the one who can’t really stand him. Is that enough to get who said what?

“…What?” I asked, after a pause. She looked equally confused as I did, or at least I’m pretty sure that’s what my face was twisted into, that or disgust.

“Sasuke would know what to do.” Sakura stated again, looking not as sure as she did the first time. I was tempted to throw Lee at her.

“No,” I said simply, “He wouldn’t know what to do. He fails.”

Sakura frowned, “Just because you don’t like Sasuke doesn’t mean you should put him down.”

“I didn’t put him down.” I answered with a mock laugh, waving her off, “I just said he wouldn’t know what to do.”

“I’d know what to do.” Came that cool, indifferent voice that could probably make most females and males alike, melt. I didn’t need to turn around to know who it was, because judging by everyone’s faces in front of me, it was the all great, now only, Uchiha Sasuke.

“What would you do, Sasuke?” Sakura cooed, blinking at him. I almost gagged from the lust in her eyes. Sure, she no longer obsessed over him, but that doesn’t mean she stopped liking him.

Now I turned around to hear his answer, rolling my eyes at how he was standing. One leg was propped on a random chair, wait…why am I standing then? Anyway, his arms were crossed, and that same damn smirk was on his face.

“I’d fight.” He said, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Didn’t I just say that?

“Oh, Sasuke! That’s so smart!” Sakura and Ino yelled happily. Oh sure, it’s smart when HE says it. When it’s Naruto and I people act like it’s dumb.

“Troublesome.” Shikamaru scoffed, with his arms crossed. When did HE get here? They must be really good at what they do I guess.

Sasuke smirked, as I narrowed my eyes at him. Shikamaru yawned, stealing Sasuke’s chair and sitting on it. Sasuke rolled his eyes in Shikamaru’s direction, I suddenly pictured him flipping his hair and walking away.

“I know it’s smart. It’s because I said it.” Sasuke said cockily.

“Whoa, out of character much?” I asked, rolling my eyes. It was his turn to narrow his eyes at me.

“Just rolled out of bed much?” He mocked, in a high pitched voice. I’m guessing it was supposed to be mine.

“Actually, I kinda fell after I got a blow horn to the ear.” I replied in all seriousness. He wasn’t expecting a non-sarcastic response, and just shrugged me off. Damn right Uchiha, I win.

Naruto pushed Shikamaru off the chair, standing on it. Everyone turned their attention to him again, I’m guessing Tsunade gave up on this serious meeting.

“We’re going to FIGHT!” He gave a dazzling smile, and I heard a loud thump in the back. Ah, I guess Hinata is here.

Guessing by the loud cheers from the people in the room, they agreed.

“I mean, this should be EASY!” Sakura laughed, grinning widely, “Most of the members are dead!”


I never thought someone could be so wrong.
Chapter end notes: Review? :D