TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Curiosity by LazyJounin

[Reviews - 1]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Curiosity

Chapter One

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto.

The Shikifuuin was not a containment seal, as many believed, but actually a contract between the Shinigami and his summoner. It was complex in its working, but simple in its results. In exchange for the summoner's soul and eternal service to the Shinigami, the Shinigami was to fulfill a single wish chosen by the summoner, which could not be manipulated to backfire on the summoner no matter the circumstances. In this case, the summoner's wish was for the Kyuubi to be sealed into his young babe. Normally, the Shinigami [1] would have no problem with such a request.

But the summoner had unknowingly added on to his wish, though he had not voiced a second request. The summoner had inadvertently wished for peace between the humans and demons, with the sealing as a metaphor. The Shinigami, being death, did not want for this to happen, but had been forced to comply with it despite his misgivings. It was thus that the Shinigami sat upon his throne, staring down at the impudent soul of the summoner. After some thought, he decided that if the demons and humans would have peace between them, he could give them a common threat.

Minato silently wondered what he had gotten himself into this time.

-

Kami had watched as one of Lucifer's greatest servants fell to the greatness that was her humans, and couldn't help but swell in pride. Though they were misguided and resisted her will, they were still her creations; her greatest creations. Technically, Lucifer was too, but he was a mistake; he was something that should have never come to be.

Banishing the thought of her despicable adversary the back of her mind, she pondered the progress she had made thus far. Her angels were closer to her than the humans were, she knew, but they were still not the same. She had to continue to search the humans that shunned her for the one that might answer her question. So she sighed, and thought of how much easier things would be if they would simply submit.

She then turned her interest upon the one that the demon had been sealed into and voiced her question, "What would happen if he ascended?"

-

The Sandaime Hokage was a jaded, but kind old man who bore the weight of the world on his shoulders day by day. He was strong, hailed as the God of Shinobi and once known as one of the greatest ninja in the elemental continent. People respected and admired him. Many feared him. There were times though, that for all of his skill and strength, he had no idea what to do. Staring into the bright blue eyes of the two-days-old Uzumaki Naruto, he decided that this was one of those times.

Sarutobi held the child gently in his arms, thinking over the situation in his mind. Minato had wished for his son to be known as a hero, the great jailor of the Kyuubi no Kitsune, but Sarutobi had seen the grief and frustration in the faces of his people, and knew that the knowledge of the demon's fate would be ill received. He also knew that if the child truly held the great demon inside him, there would be no way to keep the secret for all of his life. There would be something; a flare of demonic chakra, physical changes, strange behavior, something too suspicious to make up an excuse for. The whisker marks on his cheeks were telling enough already!

He thought for hours, until he finally decided that it would be best just to keep it secret for as long as possible. It would at least give him more time to search for a solution to the problem.

-

Naruto had been six when it happened. He and Hinata had been asleep in the Hyuuga compound when the Kumo ninja had silently stolen the girl from her bed. The small noises were enough for Naruto's advanced hearing to pick up, and he had awoken to see his friend being slung over the intruder's shoulder. A kunai had lodged itself in his throat before he could scream, and they were gone. As he lay there bleeding, he had wonder why everything was going red instead of black.

He stood in front of the massive cage, two huge gleaming red eyes staring down at him. All was silent, apart from the breathing of the creature in front of him. A wall of red rushed through the bars and all around him in an instant. For a moment, he felt as if he were drowning, then the red was pushed back into the cage and the beast's roar of rage shook the ground from beneath his feet, and he fell.

When he woke up, he would learn that he had chased down and killed the Kumo ninja in a blind rage, red chakra shrouding him and negating all of the ninja's attacks. This, combined with the familiar feeling of the Kyuubi's chakra spreading throughout the village, had led to his secret becoming common knowledge. He had spent that day crying into the Hokage's chest while the old man tried to console him. Hiashi would later formally thank him for saving his daughter, and tell him that he could consider the Hyuuga compound a safe haven from anything the villagers could throw at him. Unwilling to see his friends suffer for his problems, Naruto never took him up on the offer.