TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Curiosity by LazyJounin

[Reviews - 1]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Curiosity

Prologue

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto.

There is one question that is asked by every intelligent being at some point in their existence. "Where did I come from?" There are some who would answer that they came from where all beings came from: Their mother. There are, however, many more who delve deeper than that, asking where they had truly come from, because it would be impossible for every mother to come from a mother because there could have only been a single mother in the beginning. This mother was Kami, and even she had asked the same question.

It was that question that had led Kami to create Lucifer, a being that was exactly like her in all but two ways. The first way was gender; Lucifer was male. The second way was that he lacked the power of creation, and gained the power of destruction. Because Lucifer was not the same as her, Kami knew that Lucifer had failed to show her the answer to her question. Kami then created animals, which had a diminished power of creation, in which they could only create more of themselves. Lucifer, who was angry to be called a failure, bestowed the power of destruction on the animals, which from then on needed to devour each other for sustenance.

Kami saw the change Lucifer had caused, and formed a theory. What if she had changed from something else into what she was now? It was thus that Kami created a being of unlimited potential: the human. She gave humans the ability to learn and better themselves. By doing this, however, she also gave them a sense of self, as well as the ability to rebel. Most humans did not want to shape themselves into Kami's image, because by doing so, they would be giving up their sense of self. Some embraced her, however, and became angels. Lucifer, still angry at Kami, forced the power of destruction upon the remaining humans as he had done to the animals. The humans, angry at being cursed so, shunned Lucifer as they had done Kami. This went on for centuries, both Kami and Lucifer trying to sway the humans to their respective causes.

Slowly, humans that refused the greater beings grew in power until they became demons, who used their new combined power of destruction and creation to help their weaker brethren refuse the two greater beings and grow into demons themselves. Kami had her angels attack and destroy the demons while Lucifer swayed the animals to do the same. The weaker humans saw their protectors being destroyed and did what should have been impossible; they brought forth a new power from inside themselves, and they called it hope. Hope gave the humans determination, and they harnessed the power of the universe itself, which was far older than even both Kami and Lucifer. They called this science, and they used it to turn the elements against Kami and Lucifer. The two beings quailed against this new force and were pushed back.

Thus, humans and demons enjoyed several era of prosperity, until the demons slowly began to die out from old age. Seeing that no new demons were being created, because the humans no longer needed such power, the demons became fearful of disappearing. Lucifer, realizing he could use this to his benefit, offered the demons eternal life in exchange for joining him. The demons agreed and laid siege upon the humans, who fell to the assault of their once trusted allies. The demons ravaged the earth in their war against the humans, and it was then that something no one could have foreseen happened. The universe lashed out, destroying all but a few humans and even fewer demons. Kami and Lucifer, horrified that their respective sources of purpose were so close to extinction, called a truce and began to help the lesser creatures rebuild. Several hundred years later, the Naruto universe was as we know it, and a great demon was sealed into a small human child. Though no one knew it, Kami's question would soon be answered, and nothing would ever be the same.