TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Frozen Tears by Rowanrose

[Reviews - 3]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: Warning: Sasuke might act a little OOC
Chapter notes: This is my second story, i hope you like it!
Please review!
Warning: Sasuke might act a little OOC (out of charachter) Sorry!
All I remember of my past, is when my parents died. It was summer - I remember pointing at the sun on that day, and asking my mother an innocent toddler question, when rogue ninja burst into our home. I remember my mother’s scream as they slew her - I will never forget. My father was a ninja, he fought them and protected me, but they slew him too. I remember his blood splattering my face as he fell. They were about to kill me as well, but, the next thing I knew, I was lying on my back, and they were all dead, frozen around me. A man bent over and picked me up, and the last thing I saw and felt before blacking out, was the thousands of minuscule crystal landing on my face and melting. It was snowing, in August.
When I came to again, I was lying on a bed in a large room, filled with tubes and pipes. The man who had picked me up had taken care of me was there. I learned his name then. It was Orochimaru.

Orochimaru took care of me until I was well, and then started training me. He called my Yumi. I had a special power that intrigued him-the ability to control water, especially snow and ice, without the use of any ninjutsu. If I just touched something, and willed it to freeze, it would. My power was raw, and untamed. If I got angry, or protective, it would burst out of me in deadly force, killing all who opposed me. Orochimaru taught me how to control my power. Soon, I was unmatchable, deadly. I was the ultimate weapon for Orochimaru, loyal, and strong. I loved him as a daughter would her father, but to him I was just a pawn, to be used to attack, and then thrown away when it’s use is not needed. I knew that all too well, but I was still loyal to him. Many would call that stupidity, and maybe it was, to blindly follow and love someone who never loved you back, who would have no pity if you died.

But I was of some use to Orochimaru. I was unbeatable, except by Orochimaru himself. He would take me with him, when he was on his quest to learn all jutsu. I would kill all those whom he wanted me to, and bring him what he wanted. He had taught me to feel no compassion for those I killed, but whenever I ended a life, in the depths of my heart, I wondered whether I had the right to kill so wantonly, to end an innocent life.

When Kabuto came I was presented to him. He was the only one of Orochimaru’s accomplices to see me, I was hidden from all the rest. I was hidden because I was the strongest of them all. I had two rooms; a training room, and a sleeping room. I was a special tool, used only in the most extreme circumstances, to kill those who stood in the way of my master.

But that changed when I was used to test one of Orochimaru’s potions.
I had been called to the room where Orochimaru always tests his experiments. I sat and waited. Soon, he came before me, holding a glass of something green. I obediently drank it, and dropped the glass, doubling over in pain. Kabuto took me to another room, and ran a scan over my body. I was fatal. I would die, but he didn’t know when. I accepted this truth calmly, and Kabuto had seemed surprised.
At the time I had been eleven years old.

The pain came frequently. I learned, over a time, to bear it, and fight even when I was in pain. I was even more determined to become a better pawn for Orochimaru, a pawn that would inevitably die, but would have served her master well. I was still as good as I was before, but by then Orochimaru had fixed his eyes on another prize-Sasuke Uchiha.

When Sasuke was to come to the hideout, I had wished to go to help bring him, but the pain from the potion had become even more, and I was not as good as I had been. When Sasuke came, I watched his progress in the surveillance camera’s that had been installed in his training grounds for my benefit. Orochimaru had wanted me to see the potential of his future body.

I probably hated Sasuke at first. I learned of his past, and I was puzzled. I knew very well that Orochimaru was ‘the bad guy’ and I wondered why he would give up all those who loved him for revenge, and why he would come to the worst possible person in the world to come to, for power.

I watched Sasuke as he trained, and trained as well. I was to die soon, but Orochimaru might need me before then.

When Sasuke’s friends came to retrieve him, I fell asleep halfway through watching, and never saw the whole thing. Pity.

Now, it was a few days after they had come, and I was training. A sudden burst of pain brought me to my knees, and I screamed. It felt as though molten lave was being poured through my veins, and I bit my lip to stop myself from screaming again. I staggered to my bed and collapsed. Kabuto came a little while later, and I told him, my breaths coming in short gasps,
“I won’t be able to hold it in. close the door tight. This room is soundproof, and nothing will get beyond it.”
He nodded and left the room, but I saw from the corner of my eye that it was a bit open. ****! I wouldn’t be able to hold my screams in! And then I screamed, unable to stand it any more, I screamed.

Sasuke

I walked down he hallway to my room. I was done training for the day. I was closer to being strong enough to beat Itachi, to kill him. As I opened the door to my room, I heard a faint scream, filled with pain and anguish. I looked around, startled but not showing it. The sound was coming from further down the hall. I followed it and it led me to a room. The door was a bit open, and I pushed on it and looked inside. There was a bed on one side of the room, and lying on it was a girl of about my age. Her hair was a long, and a shimmering silver, and her clothes were completely white. She was twisting and screaming with pain so absolute that it stopped me in my tracks. The girl seemed to have heard the creak of the door opening, and she stopped screaming with a startling suddenness.

Still not facing me, the girl said, “Kabuto, you nitwit, I know as well as you that I’m going to die very soon if I am not able to stand the pain, right? So why did you leave the door open! Close it and leave so that I can scream to my heart’s content, you ninny!” The tightness of her voice betrayed her pain.

I was momentarily shocked. I closed the door, but I didn’t leave. Instead I sat down on the chair next to the girl’s bed and stared at her. Rude, I know, but she intrigued me. Why was she here in such a remote room? Why was she in such pain? Why did she talk about dying so frankly? And how could she call Kabuto a ninny with such calm bluntness?

The girl smiled and said, “Thanks,” and screamed . She screamed with such anguish that I was unable to stand it. She screamed, but she didn’t cry, which amazed me. The level of her pain would have brought tears to a lesser person’s eyes. Soon, she toned down a little, and stopped screaming all together, and smiled and said to herself, “Aah, it’s back to normal.”

She opened her eyes and looked straight at me with blue eyes. “What are you doing here/” she asked, sounding genuinely puzzled.

Yumi

I stared at Sasuke, puzzled. Then I remembered the door, and it dawned on me.
“Oh! You heard me screaming and came to investigate, huh? I thought you were Kabuto. Hello, I’m Yumi. Nice to meet you, Sasuke. I’ve always wanted to talk to you.”

I sat up and held out my hand for him to shake. He took it, rather numbly, and I shook it up and down energetically.

“You know, you’re not supposed to see me. I don’t know why Orochimaru still insists on it though. I’m going to die soon, so why hide me?”

I got up and winced slightly. I still felt pain, but I was able to handle it. It was a pain that a normal person might not be able to endure, but I had trained myself to endure it. I still felt weak though, and I stumbled and fell. Sasuke’s hand reached out and caught me, and he put me back on the bed. Then he got up to leave, and I harrumphed. “Oh yeah. You’re the irritating, I don’t care, get up and leave, type. Bye.”

He stopped and turned to look at me. I could tell by the look in his eye that he was curious about me. I smiled and said, “Come back tomorrow, and I’ll tell you about me and how I know you. Bye, and close the door behind you.”
I lay down, and was fast asleep in seconds.

Sasuke

I looked at the girl as she slept, and closed the door quietly. When she had stood up, I had seen something in her eyes, a flash of pain that would have made any normal person scream. Now, even more question had been added to his list. How did she now about him? Why was Orochimaru hiding her? Why was she suffering such pain? ‘How’ could she suffer such pain? Why did she talk about dying so bluntly? And why did he feel something that was suspiciously like compassion for her? I knew one thing. The only way to find the answers to all of his questions ( except for the last one, that one was to be avoided at all costs ) was to come back tomorrow.

The next night, I came back and sneaked into the room. The girl was sitting on the bed, bright and eager. She gestured for me to sit down and began to tell her story. She told of her abilities, her past, everything. When she was done, she sat back and then suddenly doubled over and gasped, her breath coming in quick, short, gasps. She told Sasuke, “Leave. You do not like to hear me scream. But, could you please bring me a flower if you go out? No! Don’t. Forget about me. Goodbye.”

I got up and left, closing the door behind me just as she burst into a loud scream. As it happens, the very next day, I was able to go out. I brought the flower to her room and gave it to her. Her face lit up, and she smiled at me with such joy, that I felt a little happy that I had gotten it for her. Only a little. Not much. I am an avenger after all.

Yumi

Sasuke was so nice, he brought me a flower! I hadn’t seen or smelt one in years. I haven’t gone out for years, and I was ecstatic. Over the next month, Sasuke would come everyday. I would chatter to him, and his only answer was a “Hn” or a nod. Once, when he was with me, I had a sudden attack and was unable to hold it back. I screamed and screamed, but he stayed and grabbed my hand. I squeezed his so hard that It got bruised. Whenever he would come, he would have his mask on, that blank expression on his face. I would always try to break his mask, to try and make him smile or frown, but to no avail.


I woke up and brushed my teeth. Kabuto appeared in the doorway.
“Orochimaru would like to see you, Yumi.”
I nodded, shoved him out the door (privacy!), and changed into my ninja attire. It was probably a mission. I went outside, and Kabuto led me to Orochimaru. He was standing in a room, with Sasuke by his side. I smiled and waved at Sasuke, not bothering to hide the fact that he and I knew each other. I already knew that Orochimaru knew that we knew each other….. I just gave myself a headache….
I shook my head, and Orochimaru explained what was going on.
“I’m going to make an alliance-” my mind wandered off and I missed the rest of what he said.
Then, we left.

***

Outside it was warm and beautiful. We had traveled for two days to a village. I had stayed outside the village with Sasuke while Orochimaru went and talked to the leader of the village, and watched the birds, fascinated.
Now we were coming back to the hideout. We had traveled for one day, and had rested at night. Right now we were going to break camp and go back to the hideout.
I cheerfully folded my sleeping bag and packed up the food. As we were about to head out, I heard a noise and turned around swiftly. Ninja from the village we had just gone to! They poured out from the bushes around us and surrounded us.

Orochimaru did not seem worried. Neither was I.
Orochimaru smiled at me and said, “Go ahead Yumi.”

I smiled dangerously and stepped forward. Sasuke made as if to come as well, but Kabuto held him back. Just as well. He might have gotten killed by my jutsu. I stretched out my hands in front of me and concentrated. Wispy tendrils of mist gathered around my fingertips.

After a very short while, I turned around, the bodies of the ninja lying around me. Big mistake. One man who had been faking it, got up and charged my unprotected back. There was an awful sound and I fell, a sword through my gut. Pain.

Sasuke killed the man, and Kabuto came to my side, checking me over. He turned to Orochimaru and said, “She will die in 5 minutes.”

Orochimaru turned around, and, before jumping into the trees, told Sasuke,
“Bury her when she dies and catch up to us.”

Kabuto followed, and there was only me and Sasuke in the clearing. Sasuke walked to my side and knelt beside me.

“Yumi?” he asked softly.

I was surprised to see tears form at the corners of his eyes, and fall to the ground. I smiled and reached up with my arm to touch Sasuke on his cheek, feeling his tears beneath my hand.

“I broke your mask.” I whispered softly.

He shuddered suddenly, and I felt ice forming on his cheek where my hand was. I removed my hand and told Sasuke, “Sasuke, do one favor for me. Please listen to what I have to say seriously.”

Sasuke nodded, wiping away his tears, staring at my with his dark onyx eyes, his blank expression back on, but his eyes filled with sadness.

I said, “Sasuke go back to the Leaf Village. Don’t stay with Orochimaru. He will use you for his own means, he will never let you do what you want. I know. I have stayed with him for most of my life.”

I paused to draw a shuddering breath, the pain in my stomach great, but less than my attacks. I could bear it.

“Go back to your friends. They love you, and would risk their life for you. Why would you give that up just for revenge, Sasuke? Will you become like Itachi, and kill all those who stand in the way of your revenge? Sasuke, don’t become a monster. Orochimaru….I knew that Orochimaru was a monster. Don’t become like him. Please Sasuke.”

Sasuke stared at me and thought silently. Suddenly, the pain from the wound in my stomach, and the pain from of the potion was gone. I felt as though a great weight had been lifted off me.
I smiled at Sasuke and said, “ Guess what Sasuke? The pain is gone. I’ll die soon. Thank you Sasuke.”

Sasuke seemed startled and asked, “Why are you thanking me?”

I said, “Thank you for being my friend Sasuke. You’re my first, and only friend.” I closed my eyes and felt darkness overwhelm me.

“Goodbye, Sasuke.”

Sasuke

I stared at her in unbearable grief. She was dead. I sat like that for a while. She had always said that she was going to die, as if it was nothing, but now she was dead. I had grown fond of her, and loved her like a sister. I gently removed the sword from her still body, and dug a large hole in a nearby meadow full of flowers. I picked her up and put her softly into the hole. I looked at her still, peaceful face for a moment, and then lay soil over it, covering her body. To mark the place, I took a large rock and used my chidori to make a hole in it. I put the rock at the head of the grave. Then, head up and shoulders straight, I directed my feet towards the Leaf Village. As I left, I directed one last glance at the grave. I smiled, a genuine, heartfelt smile. It had taken the icy touch of an ice girl to melt my frozen heart. I then turned around and headed for the Leaf Village. I was going home.

***

7 years later

Sasuke went into the back yard and looked around. It was beautiful, filled with every type of flower and herb imaginable. He smiled contentedly, and then noticed something out of the corner of his eyes. Something was lying curled up in a small ball next to the hedge. He went over for a closer look and was surprised to see a silver haired little girl, lying fast asleep. He carefully picked her up, and she didn’t even stir. He carried her into the house and called, “Sakura! Look what I found.”

Sakura Uchiha walked out of the kitchen, brushing her hair away from her face.

“What is it? Oh!” she said , catching sight of the little girl.
Sakura carefully took the child away from her husband and lay her down on the bed in the guest room.

“Where did you find her?’ she asked Sasuke.

“In the backyard. I think she is an orphan.”

“Oh, poor thing.”

“If she is, let’s adopt her.”

“What!”

“Yes.”

“Hmm. Oh, alright. Go to the Hokage first, and check.”

“I’m leaving.”

“Good riddance. I’ll give the child a bath.”

***

Sasuke stood in front of the Hokage. He stared at the back of the chair and told the Hokage of the girl.

“We will adopt her if she is an orphan.” he finished. He sweat dropped as the chair stayed in the same position.

“Naruto!” He yelled, marching up to the chair and reaching out, about to swing it around.

“Yes?” said a voice behind him.

“What! Whose in the chair then?” asked Sasuke twirling around to stare at Naruto. A little giggle from the chair answered his question and he sighed.

“You really should tell your daughter ‘not’ to do than, Naruto.”

Naruto grinned and said, “Yukari, get out of there.”

A little girl with blonde hair and white eyes hopped out of the chair and ran to hug Sasuke.

“Sorry.” she said, not sounding sorry at all.

“Apology accepted.” Sasuke ruffled her hair, and then told Naruto about the little girl.

Naruto agreed that he thought she was an orphan, and checked his records.

“There was a fire a week ago. Remains of a man and a woman found. Their child was not found. It does not tell of her name, and she does not have any other relatives. You may adopt her.”

Sasuke smiled, signed the necessary papers and ran out of the room, colliding with Hinata.
Hinata greeted Sasuke, and went into the room. As he left, he heard her scolding her daughter.

“Yukari! Don’t run off like that!”

***

As Sasuke passed the Hyuuga compound, he decided to tell Neji and his wife ,Tenten, the good news.

“Guess what! Sakura and I adopted a little girl!” Sasuke said enthusiastically to a startled Neji.

“Congratulations.” Neji said, and the tiny boy on his shoulders waved. The boy’s twin, a little girl who was clinging to Neji’s leg, waved as well.

***

Sasuke burst into the living room, scaring both Sakura and the newly washed orphan. She hid behind Sakura, trembling, but Sasuke slowly coaxed her out. He told the girl softly, “Hello. I’m your new father.”
The little girl watched him with intelligent blue eyes. Those blue eyes reminded Sasuke of a certain girl who changed his life completely.

“What should we call her?” asked Sakura.

Sasuke smiled, tickling the little girl. “Yumi. Yumi Uchiha.”