TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Sakura's Angel by inuyashas_only_1

[Reviews - 9]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: Yeah, this was just random. Whatever-- I just thought I'd respond to a challenge, I've always wanted to try it. And I hate SasuSaku-- what a crack pairing. It's just like NaruHina (also crack). Sasuke never really cared about Sakura-- why would he?
So this is about the time he finally goes, "Okay, enough's enough-- I hate you guts. I'm leaving."
There. There you have it.
Chapter notes: To the song "Angels" by Within Temptation.
The second betrayal. It's a lot better than the first, ain't it? More dramatic. More hate. A darker Sasuke, too, revealing what he's always felt.
Sparkling angel, I believe
You were my savior in my time of need.


"Sasuke," I whispered. "...Where are you going?"

Blinded by faith, I couldn't hear
All the whispers, the warning so clear.


He didn't say anything, just glared over his shoulder at me. There was a look in his eyes that I recognized. I knew that look...but I hadn't seen it for years.

It was scorn.

"Don't you condescend me," I breathed, rage and fear boiling inside me.

"I think I recall Naruto once wondering to himself if he'd made the right choice in bringing me back for your sake," Sasuke finally said. "He was right. You didn't listen to all those people who told you I didn't care about you, that I was no good for you. You should have."

He walked over to me, leaning in. His dark eyes were cold, calculating. I was frozen-- a mouse hypnotized by the eyes of a snake.

"I hate you," he whispered. "I can't stand you. Always pestering me. Always doting on me. I just want to kill you."

I'd known. I'd always known he'd hated me-- but I'd chosen not to believe it, to continue on with the fantasy.

Recently, he'd avoid me, glare when I'd smile, and throw me looks that sent shivers down my spine. But I continued to live in my beautiful lie.

But the truth is never beautiful. The truth is ugly.

I see the angels, I'll lead them to your door...

"Are you leaving?" I whispered, swallowing.

"Yes."

"I won't let you."

"But how can you stop me if I kill you?"

There's no escape now, no mercy no more...

I snarled, "Try anything and I swear I will live. I will live and I will find you. I will find you and change you and bring you back."

"You don't really care about me, Sakura," he said, sneering. "Please-- I know you'd prefer someone else. You stay with me for the sake of that little twelve-year-old living inside of you, and that child clings to hopeless dreams."

My heart stopped.

He was right.

Why had I continued to live in this fantasy? I wasn't happy-- I had never been.

No remorse 'cause I still remember...

"...That's right," I whispered. "I don't love you."

"Good," he said, smiling at me. "Then this won't hurt as much."

The smile when you tore me apart.

Blood everywhere, and pain. My stomach was burning.

I gasped, blood spilling from my mouth. I curled, hunching over, my hands gripping the knife.

Fire. Someone put out the fire. Help me. Naruto, someone, anyone, help me! FirebloodpainwhydidieverbelieveinhimNO

You took my heart, deceived me right from the start

"No..." I gasped, my mind reeling. "...YOU LIAR! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR PROMISE?!" I choked on blood and my knees gave out.

"What promise?" he asked me, lazily spinning another knife between his fingers. "Why would I make a promise to you? You're just an annoying little girl. I mean, have you grown up at all since the last time we were together? Why would I make a promise with someone like that? It's those kinds of people I hate the most. You."

You showed me dreams; I wish they'd turn into real.

"You promised to...stay here..." I panted, trying to heal myself. The knife wouldn't let me, though-- I realized too late that there was a jutsu on it preventing me from using my healing powers.

"Oh, that? You thought I meant that, didn't you? You're such a child," Sasuke said, his voice sounding like he was going to laugh at me.

"DON'T YOU PATRONIZE ME, BASTARD!" I roared, standing shakily and reaching out for him. My hand wilted, however, and I vomited blood, dropping my arm.

You broke a promise, and made me realize...

I finally grabbed the front of his shirt, pulling myself up. Both of us were stained with my blood now.

"You lied," I snarled.

It was all just a lie.

"Where did the Sasuke I know run away to?" I asked, tears filling my eyes.

Sparkling angel, I couldn't see
Your dark intentions, your feelings for me...


"Get away from me," he said, pushing me backward. I fell onto my back and lay there, my body shaking.

"You wanna know how I've always felt about you? You are such a moron. You're always trying to do things for me that I don't want, that I don't need. If you really loved me, then you'd just leave me alone when I said 'Back off.' But you always came back, like some stupid dog wanting their master to beat them more."

"Why?" I whispered, lacking the strength to push myself up.

Fallen angel, tell me why
What is the reason, the thorn in your eye?


"Because I never liked you. What don't you understand?" he asked me, his eyes narrowing. He thought I was a stupid girl.

"You think that I'm a stupid girl," I mumbled. "A stupid little girl with a stupid wish who wanted what she couldn't have."

"Glad to know we're on the same wavelength."

I see the angels; I'll lead them to your door...

"I'm gonna kill you," I vowed.

"Really?" he raised his eyebrows, amused. "I'd like to see you try. In your condition and all. That reminds me, when are you gonna croak? I can't wait here forever."

"Then leave!" I shouted, but it wandered off into a sick-sounding gurgle. I was drowning in my own blood.

"I have to dispose of your body," he said by way of explanation.

There's no escape now, no mercy no more...

"...Dispose of my...body...?" I whispered, stunned.

"I've murdered people before, Sakura-- don't think that I'm stupid enough to leave your body and my knives here." Sasuke leaned against the doorframe, cleaning beneath his nails.

No remorse 'cause I still remember...

"You bastard," I whispered.

"Yeah, yeah. Sure, Sakura. Whatever you say."

The world was fading in and out now. My vision was blurring.

The smile when you tore me apart.

I was going to die.

You took my heart, deceived me right from the start.

NO! I couldn't die, I couldn't! There was too much left to do!

"You snake..." I whispered, pushing myself up onto my elbows, and from there shifting until I was on all fours, staring at the floor. Blood dripped from my mouth and stomach, staining my floor.

"Won't you just die already?" Sasuke said, annoyed.

You showed me dreams; I wish they'd turn into real.

"Where did I go wrong with you?" I whispered, crying. "I thought you had changed."

"People don't change that easily. Maybe they would if someone they actually cared about wanted them to change." He shrugged, and threw the other knife at me. It dug into my arm and I shook with pain, crumpling to the floor.

You broke a promise, and made me realize...

"I hate you," I whispered, my vision fogging over.

"Good. Maybe you'll wear yourself out faster," Sasuke told me.

It was all just a lie.

"You...lying...bastard..." I panted, now pushing myself up with my good arm and sitting on my knees. I yanked the knife in my arm out, gasping as I did so, then pulled the one from my stomach out as well.

"Gonna fight back? You're finished," Sasuke said dryly.

"Not yet I'm not," I panted, narrowing my eyes.

Could have been forever, now we have reached the end.

"Please-- I'd like to see you try." Sasuke walked over to me in three quick strides and put his hand around my neck, lifting me. I choked, spitting blood out onto his arm. It slid down his arm and to his shoulder.

"I can't change you, so I'll have to kill you," I whispered, my hands, slick with blood, grasping his arm weakly. "No one's gonna care. You're an outcast anyway-- the one who tried to kill us all."

"Yes-- you're right. I never cared about anyone here. Everyone here has failed me-- you're all just worthless." He squeezed and I gasped for air. My feet dangled off the ground. My nails clawed into his arm, but if there was any effect, I couldn't tell. His expression didn't change from the look of disdain and disgust.

This world may of failed you, it doesn't give you reason why...

I looked at him right in the eyes and said, "I won't forgive you."

"I'm not asking you to," he said, staring at me just as intently.

You could have chosen a different path in life.

"Die," he whispered, and he crushed my windpipe.

The smile when you tore me apart.

I fell to the ground, limp.

You took my heart
deceived me right from the start
You showed me dreams
I wish they'd turn into real
You broke a promise
And made me realize...


With my last breath, I whispered...

IT WAS ALL JUST A LIE.

Could have been forever
Now we have reached the end.
Chapter end notes: There. Dark, yes, but good.