TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Sleeping With Ghosts by PiNkInSaNiTy

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Sorry to those of you who were awaiting the next chapter, but I found some minor flaws in the story that I absolutely HAD to fix. There's a good side to restarting it though. I'll be making that chapters longer and easier to follow then they were. And now that It's summer [where I live anyways] I'll be updating alot more then I was. By the way. The story still has the smae plot, characters, ect. it's just more developed now. Ja!
“WHAT!.?” Naruto stared at his pink haired friend in disbelief. “You’ve got to be kidding me! No way am I going to stay in some run down old castle with a murderous ghost.!”

“Naruto-kun please calm down.” Sakura folded her hands in her lap and looked down. “I’m sorry, but all of the other employees are either away on vacation or are already working a case.”

Naruto shot a pleading look to Lee who was seated next to his wife at the other end of the table. He shrugged his shoulders.

“What are the details?” Naruto sighed and rubbed his temples before resting his head against the cool wood of the table they were seated at.

Sakura clapped her hands together in glee. “Oh, Naruto! I knew you wouldn’t let me down! Lee could you get the folder for this case?”

Lee shot Sakura an award winning smile. “I’d be honored Sakura-chan.”

Sakura sweat-dropped as her husband left the room to retrieve the case files. Her eyes were no longer joking and soft, they portrayed complete seriousness.

“Naruto.”

Said boy lifted his head off of the table and looked at his boss.

“Please, be careful. This case truly is a matter of life and death. If anything ever happened to you I…I…I don’t know what I’d do! But you really are the only one left to take this case and I feel bad abo-” Naruto cut her off.

“Sakura stop you’re rambling.” Naruto shot his friend a crooked grin. “When have I ever not been able to handle my job, hu? I’ve handled stuff like this before, it’s no big deal, really.”

Sakura studied Naruto for a moment. “Very well. Just don’t do anything…stupid.”

Lee came in with the folders and set them in front of Naruto before replacing himself at his wife’s side.

“Those are the case files. If you have any questions the phone number of the person you should contact is stapled to the back.” Naruto turned the folder over to see if Lee was speaking truth.

Naruto gave a sigh of relief when he saw that there was also a map of the castle that he would be staying at along with the phone number.

“Is this it?” Naruto nodded his head toward the folder. He waved it in front of his face for good measure.

“Yes, it contains all of the information you will need along with any money you may need during you’re stay at castle Arundel.” She paused. “Good luck. You are dismissed.”

Naruto pushed himself away from the table and got out of his chair. He bowed his head to the two before leaving.

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

“Shit!” Naruto placed his now bleeding finger in his mouth. ‘That’s the fifth time today that I’ve been bitten by a rodent!’ He swatted the small field mouse with his foot and watched as it scampered away.

It had been a week since he had accepted the case of ‘The Blue Man’ and three days since he had arrived at Arundel castle. He had yet to read the case files so all he knew was the information that Sakura had informed him of. Which was…limited to say the least, all he knew was that the ghost had killed four teenage boys for reasons unknown and he was most likely to be spotted in the library.

He was currently walking through the third floor corridor. According to the map this was where all of the main bedrooms were located. He had passed a few family portraits earlier and made note that a few of the faces had been ripped off of their owners. Which meant that it was always the [what he assumed to be] older brother’s face that was missing.

Naruto came to a stop when he spotted yet another portrait…but this one was different. Naruto took two steps forward…he paused. He took four steps back and stopped.

He glared at the portrait of the young man clad in black. The ink haired boy’s eyes were following him! That he knew, was not normal. He walked up to the portrait and waved his hand in front of the painting’s face. It blinked.

Naruto took his bible out of the bag he had slung over his right shoulder. Blood started to seep out of the bottom of the golden frame that the portrait was in. A voice popped into his head.

‘What do you want!’

Naruto stared at the painting his hands shaking. Blood was starting to seep into his shoes. If his mind had been functioning correctly, he would have made a mad dash for the nearest exit.

‘What do you want!’ The voice was louder now. The painting’s eyes turned from onyx to red.

“W-who are y-y-you.” Naruto choked out his voice barely above a whisper.

The blood ceased to flow and began to soak into the wall and floor.

‘Uchiha Sasuke.’

Naruto returned his bible to his bag. “That’s you in the painting, isn’t it?”

‘No. It’s Batman.’

Naruto frowned. “Are you the one who killed those boys?”

It took the voice, now known as Sasuke, a moment to respond. ‘And what if I am.’

Naruto held his breath. “Are you going to kill me as well.”

‘No.’

“Where are you?” Naruto noticed that the painting no longer seemed to be following him.

“Behind you.”

Naruto gave a startled yelp before whipping around to come face to face with what he though could only be described as perfection. He took a step back to regain his balance.

“You’re Sasuke?” Naruto asked stupidly.

Sasuke sighed. “Don’t ask stupid questions like that.”

Naruto heard the large steel doors open signaling someone’s arrival. He snapped his head in the direction of the noise.

“I wonder who that could be?” Naruto looked back at Sasuke. He nearly screamed. In Sasuke’s place was the most terrifying creature he had ever seen. It had all of Sasuke’s features, but his skin was rotten and chunks of it were falling off. His eyes were sunken back into his skull and part the left side of his face was missing revealing the bone that was underneath. His clothing was no longer the neatly pressed elegant substance it once was, now it was gray and torn with blood stains along the front. The worst part though was the gaping hole in his chest where his heart should be...