TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Secret Life of Uzumaki Naruto by Renai

[Reviews - 9]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Huray chap 2 ^^
The Secret Life of Uzumaki Naruto

Chapter 2 – C ranked?

Four ninjas, three Genins and one Jounin instructor, had just returned from their first mission of the day and looked ready for another.

The Jounin was known as Hatake Kakashi, he wore a long sleeved black shirt under a standard Jounin vest, along with black ninja pants and blue ninja sandals. On his face was the ever present mask covering the bottom half his face and his forehead protector that covers his right eye and “holds up” his gravity deifying silver hair.

To his left was Sakura, she was garbed in a red battle dress outlined in white with matching circles on the bottom and shoulders. Through the split sides, skin tight black shorts were plainly visible. On her head was her forehead protector, worn on top of her head instead her forehead so that it kept her long pink hair out of her face.

On Kakashi’s right stood Sasuke, the “Dark” member of the team, was wearing the usual blue shirt with the Uchiha crest on the back and white shorts. To accompany his usual clothing, He had bandages wrapped around his forearms and shins. Breaking the team mold, Sasuke was the only parson on the team who had his headband in the proper place, on his forehead.

In front of him was Naruto, and although Kakashi and Sasuke had convinced her to put away the orange jumpsuit, she refused to wear normal Ninja attire. To replace the orange uniform Naruto somehow acquired a long-sleeved skintight black shirt, which she wears under a light blue jacket. The right sleeve of the jacket hangs down a few inches past her fingers and the end is almost five times wider then the shoulder, in contrast the left sleeve is completely nonexistent. To go with her new shirt and jacket she found a pair of gray ninja pants. Along with this she wore a ninja headband around her neck, hung by a gray band instead of the standard blue. The final and most noticeable change was that her hair, no longer the spiky mess it used to be, she now kept it smoothed down on the top of her head and if she let her bangs free they would reach almost down to her lips. She was also carrying a small brown cat named Tora, the objective of their mission.

- - - - - - - -Line break- - - - - - - - -

“Congratulations, Team 7 on successfully completing your fortieth D ranked mission.” Said the old man wearing a white hat and robes decorated in red with Kanji for fire in various places. This man is the Hokage, champion of the village and leader of the village and its ninjas. “We still have a few more jobs for today; babysitting for the Daimyo, or…”

“Hey, wait, stop!” Naruto exclaimed loudly before the Hokage could suggest any more boring jobs that Kakashi would agree to. “Gramps, I became a ninja because you told me that I would get to fight people, not do chores.”

As soon as she said that, Kakashi’s face took on an “Oh Great” expression, while Sakura gave her a “You Idiot” kind off look and Sasuke, surprisingly had a look of slight agreement on his face.

The Hokage just sighed and looked down at the list of C ranked missions, Iruka was out to lunch and he was confident in their abilities, so with nobody to protest the matter he gave in without protest. “I guess I can make an exception and give you an escort mission.”

This earned glares from Sakura and Kakashi as well as cheers of joy from Naruto, then various questions the client’s identity. As if on queue the door opened and an old man wearing worn looking brown pants and gray shirt with a rope tied around his head.

“You will be escorting him” the Hokage said pointing to the man.

“You mean to tell me that I’m supposed to be protected by these kids?” the man said, pulling a sake bottle out of his backpack and opening it. “And what’s with the short one, he’s dressed like a weirdo.”

“I’m gonna kill you!” Naruto yelled before she was caught by Sasuke. Unable to attack she just yelled various threats while waving a katana she pulled out of her sleeve.

“No killing the person you’re supposed to protect Naru-chan” Sasuke in his normal bland voice while pulling the katana from her grip then releasing her.

“I’m master bridge-builder Tazuna,” the old man said after Naruto calmed down. “I’ll be requiring your protection on the journey home and until the completion of the bridge I’m building.”

“Alright team meet at the east gate in one hour.” Kakashi said before disappearing in a poof of smoke

- - - - - - - - -Line break- - - - - - - - -

“At last, freedom from the glaring people.” Naruto exclaimed wandering off ahead of the group.

“What’s with him?” Tazuna asked Kakashi.

“He’s had a hard life.” Kakashi replied.

“I still don’t believe that he’s fit to be a ninja” Tazuna complained.

“Don’t worry these three are better than they look, these three were the top three in their class.” Kakashi reassured him.

After that they walked for a few hours in silence, until they passed a puddle and the puddle seemed out of place because they were miles away from water and it hadn’t rained for days. Both Sasuke and Kakashi noticed the suspicious puddle and were on their guard.

Once the whole group had passed the puddle, two figures rose from the puddle. They were clothed in short tattered robes, camouflaged shirt and pants and matching gas masks and gauntlets, although they one each and they were on opposite sides. When they were completely out of the puddle, one of the enemies jumped high over Kakashi, wrapping him in the bladed chain attached to both gauntlets.

The instant the flying ninja’s feet hit the ground, they both sprinted at Naruto tearing the wrapped Jounin to shreds in the process.

As soon as Naruto noticed the two attackers her personality switched from happy unpredictable every day Naruto to cold, calculating ballet Naruto. And when they made a move to attack her, she didn’t do anything more than slide her left hand up her right sleeve. At the same time Sakura and Sasuke took defensive positions on either side of the client, Tazuna.

When the two enemies were about to pass on either side of her with the chain behind her, she drew her arm from her sleeve revealing two long narrow metal spikes with, each with a loop on one end. In one swift movement she had the chain pinned with one spike through a loop in the chain into the ground on a steep angle and the other through the loop on the first pointing the opposite direction.

Seizing his chance Sasuke ran forward and kicked both enemies in the face. As expected they fell back, but without warning they both broke the chain off at the gauntlet and rolled away.

When they were back on their feet one made a mad dash for Tazuna while the other one launched at Naruto. The first one only made it half way before being caught by the neck and knocked out by Kakashi.

Once he was sure that the ninja, which he noted was from mist country, was out cold, he looked back at Naruto to make sure she had the enemy taken care of. What he saw made him reconsider pissing the blond off in the future.

The unfortunate attacker was trapped by a fuma shuriken stuck in the ground with one of the blades pressed on his throat. To stop him from removing it his armed were held by several kunai through the sleeve on his ungloved arm and a katana through the gauntlet, barely missing his arm.

“I think I went a little overboard.” Naruto said with a sheepish grin.

“Tazuna, we need to talk.” Kakashi said in a deadly serious voice.

- - - - - - - - -Line break- - - - - - - - -

After a long discussion between Kakashi and Tazuna, with some input from Naruto, they decided to continue the mission, although it went form C ranked to B ranked and the rest of the money would be paid when available. That conversation happened a while ago.

The whole group was currently traversing the great channel separating Wave country and Fire country. The Genins had been told to keep as quiet as possible, and to everybody’s amazement, Naruto was the quietest of them all. The only sound coming from her position was the occasional noise of a page being turned. She stayed there the whole trip, while Sakura sat next to Sasuke, occasionally whispering something at him, and Sasuke just sat there like a brick and ignored it all.

When they got to the shore they continued their walking, this time through the woods, and everybody was tense for an attack. They made it a considerable distance from the boat before Kakashi’s ears picked up the nearly inaudible sound of metal cutting air and he ordered everybody on the ground.

They were warned just in time, less than a second after they were all on the ground, a giant sword came flying through the space that Naruto and Tazuna been occupying. The sword continued on its path strait across the trail and into a tree on the other side. When every body looked up they saw a bazaar looking man standing on the hilt of the now stuck sword. The man was wearing light blue pants with vertical black stripes, camouflaged arm bands, a headband from the country of mist wrapped around his head at an odd angle and bandages wrapped around the lower half of his face, somewhat like Kakashi’s mask.

“Who the hell are you!?” Naruto yelled as she drew a katana from seemingly nowhere and pointed it at the newcomer.

“Hey brat you don’t look particularly skilled with that sword, so I would advise you to stay out of this fight.” The odd man said before grabbing his sword and jumping out in front of the group.

“He’s right Naruto, you stay out of this.” Kakashi warned, putting his hand on her shoulder and pushing her back with the others. “You three guard Tazuna, I’ll take care of this guy.”

“So, Kakashi of the Sharingan wishes to challenge me?” the stranger asked with a smirk that could be plainly seen through his facial bandages.

“You started this fight Zabuza, not me.” Kakashi said before grabbing his headband at the same time Zabuza cast a jutsu that covered the aria in a thick mist.

“Kakashi of the Sharingan?” Sasuke whispered to Naruto.

“I’ll try to make him explain later.” Naruto whispered back before handing him the katana she had taken out earlier and saying, “Here he comes.”

Seconds later, Zabuza appeared between Sasuke and Tazuna, sword held high, prepared to swing down and cut Sasuke in half. Sensing unfamiliar chakra behind him, Sasuke flipped the katana in his hand and thrust it backwards, into Zabuza’s chest. The stabbed ninja stopped mid swing, and slowly the sword fell from his grip. But before the sword hit the ground, both Zabuza and the sword liquefied into a puddle of water.

After that, minutes passed where the only sounds were the occasional clang of metal on metal or yell of a jutsu, until they heard a yell of “Your finished!” from both of the fighters. Shortly there after, their was a loud crashing sound accompanied by a large gust of wind that cleared out most of the mist.

Peering through the thinning mist Naruto saw Zabuza pinned to a tree and Kakashi on a branch above him.

“Can you see the future?” Zabuza asked in a voice full of fear.

“Yes and I foresee your death.” Kakashi said ominously, preparing a kunai to stab him with. But before he could do anything else two long thin sebon needles came flying out of the woods and pierced the trapped ninja’s neck.

“How right you were.” A young masked ninja said as they appeared in a swirl of leaves next to Kakashi.

“A Mist Hunter-nin, I’m guessing you’re here for the body?” Kakashi asked while checking Zabuza for a pulse.

“Yes and thank you for your assistance in capturing this dangerous criminal.” The newcomer said before grabbing the body off the tree and hoisting it onto their shoulders. “I must go now.” They said before disappearing in a swirl of leaves.

“Now that that’s over with...” Kakashi said as he appeared in front of the group, “Let’s get going.”

Turning to Tazuna to lead the way, they resumed their journey, until they heard a loud thump behind them. Looking back they found Kakashi, face down in the dirt.

“I’ve exhausted my chakra supply,” Kakashi said, “Somebody will have to carry me.”

- - - - - - - - -Line break- - - - - - - - -

‘Yesterday was an interesting day.’ Naruto thought as she picked herself up off the floor.

“Stupid small bed” Naruto growled at her bed, which is located on the side of the room opposite to the one she woke on. When she was awake enough to stand she went over to her backpack to grab a towel and left her clothing there in a heap.

Desperately wanting a shower and not knowing where the bathroom was she began wandering the house with nothing but a towel in her hand and the bandages she usually wore wrapped around her chest and right arm.

After a few minutes she found herself in the kitchen. As she was passing through the middle where their were no available objects to hide behind, somebody switched on the lights, causing Naruto to freeze and when they saw Naruto they gasped.

“Who are you?” the person asked and Naruto recognized by their voice as Tsunami.

‘Great, now I have to explain this to a stranger, while I’m naked, this is going to be a bad day.’ Naruto thought, turning around slowly in hopes that she would be recognized.

“Naruto?” And those hopes were not misguided. “I thought that you were supposed to be a boy.”

“I’m supposed to be but I’m not, and theirs a good explanation for that.” Naruto said before beginning the general explanation of why she has to do certain things, and it wasn’t until the sun started to shine through the window that she realized how late she was. “OH NO! I’m late, quick where’s the bathroom?”

“Over there.” Tsunami said pointing at a door behind Naruto.

Naruto started towards the bathroom but stopped about half way turned back to Tsunami and said, “Sakura doesn’t know, and I want to be the one to tell her, ok?”

- - - - - - - - -Line break- - - - - - - - -

Tsunami was tending to the unconscious Kakashi, about to pull down his mask to give him some water, when a hand caught her wrist, looking down she saw that Kakashi had a firm grip on her arm. Looking back at his face Tsunami found two mismatched deep blue and fiery red eyes starring back at her.

She just sat there, starring onto his eyes, completely mesmerized by the mismatched orbs. Tsunami would have there all day, if a another fight hadn’t broken out between Naruto and Sakura. Blushing in embarrassment Tsunami turned towards the door, while handing Kakashi the glass of water and moving towards the door.

Seeing her leave, Kakashi pulled down his mask and emptied the glass of water and climbed out of the bed. Once put of bed, he made his way to over to his stuff to get dressed in his usual Jounin outfit.

Once he was fully clothed he made his way his way to the door, supporting himself on the wall. Just as he was about to open the door, Naruto burst in with blood on her hand and tears in her eyes.

“Sakura bit me!” Naruto complained, wiping tears out of her eyes.

“Sakura, why did you bite Naruto?” Kakashi asked Sakura with a sigh, as she walked into the room.

“He was being stupid!” Sakura yelled pointing Naruto, who stuck her tongue out in response.

“Naruto, tears don’t get a ninja anywhere,” Kakashi said to Naruto who sighed and looked ashamed of herself, then turned to Sakura who had a victorious look on her face and said, “and Sakura, no biting.”

“Yes Kakashi sensei.” They said in unison.

“Now go find Sasuke, we’re going out to train.”

- - - - - - - - -Line break- - - - - - - - -

“You three are exceptionally skilled for Genin, and this week I will be introducing you to some techniques not usually taught to ninja your age.” Kakashi said before handing each of the three Genins a blank sheet of extra thick paper. “This is chakra paper, channel chakra through it and it reacts to your elemental orientation.”

“Sakura you go first.” Kakashi said motioning for her to start.

Without a word, Sakura began forcing as much chakra as she could to her hand holding the card. After a few seconds the card and the hand holding it began to glow a barely perceivable light blue color and without warning the paper shriveled to about half of its original size.

“Well Sakura it would appear that your chakra element is electricity.” Kakashi observed before handing her three scrolls and taking the chakra paper. “The first scroll is a list of minor lightning jutsus; the second explains the basics of creating elemental chakra and the third is an exercise to build your stamina and chakra capacity.

As Kakashi turned to him, Sasuke just nodded then applied his chakra to his card and the end result was similar to that of Sakura’s. When the chakra began to glow the card shriveled but only two thirds as much as Sakura’s, then singed around the edges as if burnt.

“Sasuke is also lightning type, with a hint of fire.” Kakashi said taking out three more scrolls and handing them to Sasuke. “The first two are the same as the Sakura got, and the third contains instructions for an advances chakra control exercise.”

Turning to Naruto, Kakashi motioned for her to proceed.

Complying with the unspoken command, Naruto concentrated chakra to her to her hand holding the card, causing her hand and the card to glow a feint lavender color. After a few seconds the card reacted to her chakra, but the reaction was completely different than the other two, the paper split cleanly in two leaving one half in her hand and the other half floating lazily to the ground. After the first half fell away, the second half became limp as if wet.

All three Genins looked at Kakashi, waiting for him to explain this phenomenon. But Kakashi just stared at Naruto’s paper as if it came from another planet.

“Uh, Kakashi sensei?” Naruto asked, wondering if she had done something wrong.

Shaking his head to free himself from his stupor, Kakashi sighed. “This is quite something, Naruto, the card is trying to indicate that your chakra is wind type, but it’s also trying to indicate that your chakra is water type. What this means is that your chakra is split evenly down the middle into two different elements, namely wind as the splitting card would indicate and water as the other reaction indicates.”

“So?” Naruto asked, not understand why that was significant.

“Naruto,” Sakura started in her know it all voice, “The last known ninja that had two types of elemental chakra that lived in Konoha was the first Hokage. He had a combination of water and earth, making wood, and is responsible for the massiveness of the trees around Konoha.”

“Putting that aside, I don’t have any air technique scrolls so I’ll give you a scroll for your other affinity, along with a scroll that explains elemental chakra and how to generate it. I’m also giving you a special chakra control exercise that will make use of your massive chakra stores, summoning shadow clones without hand seals.” Kakashi said while handing Naruto two scrolls and a small black book.

Looking down at the book Naruto read the title, “The How’s Why’s and What Ifs of Hands Free Jutsu.”

- - - - - - - - -Line break- - - - - - - - -

They had been “guarding” Tazuna on the bridge, and practicing techniques and jutsu for three days without any Naruto related mishap. But on the third evening Naruto decided she needed more training and disappeared into the forest.

That was over twelve hours ago, but nobody was particularly worried because they either didn’t care or knew that she could take care of herself.

Deep in the forest, Naruto was sleeping happily in a patch of grass in the forest, when she was woken by the sound of soft footsteps and the sent of flowers that hadn’t been there before. Readying herself least the newcomer was a hostile one, she remained in her position waiting for them to make a move. Waiting a moment she heard footsteps approaching and tried to maintain the illusion that she was asleep although her ninja instincts screamed at her to move.

She fully expected the newcomer to grasp her by the throat and strangle the life out of her, but instead they grasped her by the shoulder and shook her in an attempt to awaken her.

Opening her eyes, Naruto was greeted by the sight of an androgynous face belonging to somebody of approximately the same age looking back at her.

Sitting up and sliding back to put some distance between her and the mysterious intruder. After getting a short distance away, Naruto took note of the other person’s attire and current positions; a pink kimono with flowers on it and a small basket hanging from their arm.

“It’s not safe to sleep in the forest, you know.” The stranger said before turning to a patch of flowers and kneeling next to them.

“You don’t seem too worried that I might be a violent stranger.” Naruto observed, attempting to gauge weather the stranger was friend or foe.

“You don’t seem like a dangerous person,” They replied, absently picking plants that Naruto recognized as medical herbs. “And not many people intent on catching you by surprise would warn you.”

“I am so dangerous!” Naruto said loudly, unconsciously cooling the air with elemental chakra.

The sudden display of power caught the stranger off guard, so much so that they proceeded to avoid that topic.

“So what are you doing sleeping in the forest, anyways?” they asked, now keeping an eye on Naruto.

“I fell asleep while training.” Naruto responded, sounding somewhat embarrassed before she realized that this was someone that she could try to impress. “Do you want to see what I’ve been working on?”

“Okay.” They said, sounding quite interested.

Naruto closed her eyes and concentrated, after a few seconds, a blob of water condensed, floating between her outstretched hands, and a visible swirl flowing around them. After a few more seconds, the swirling wind began closing in on the floating water until they contacted, creating a violent reaction that Naruto apparently had somewhat under control. Although initially protesting combination, once further fused, the wind began to disappear and the water began to solidify.

The process took nearly a minute and the results were Naruto with a floating ball of ice between her hands and a triumphant grin on her face.

“That’s amazing.” The stranger said in an awed voice.

“You really think so?” Naruto asked as if she had just been galled the greatest ninja ever. But Naruto, not being used to praise let it distract her and her control slipped. The wind chakra began to overpower the water chakra and in a matter of seconds the ball of ice exploded, imbedding chunks of ice into Naruto’s hands.

Naruto just stared dumbly at the injuries on her hands, her mind still not comprehending what just happened. The stranger on the other hand jumped into action, pulling a roll of bandages out of her basket and begins treating Naruto’s injuries.

While having her injuries bandaged, Naruto and the stranger got into a conversation about what it means to be truly strong. By the end of the conversation, Naruto understood the stranger, who was named Haku, and what they meant about being strong by working to protect those you care about.

When Haku had finished bandaging Naruto’s hands, Naruto realized just how long she had been away from the house. Jumping her feet she quickly performed her version of the henge, said good bye and ran off towards the house.

When she arrived at the house, she was told that Sasuke Sakura and Tazuna had gone to the bridge and she was to stay here and rest for the day. Naturally she didn’t agree to sleep so she just practiced jutsu in bed. The schedule returned to normal the next day and Naruto was relived to not be confined for another day.

- - - - - - - - -Line break- - - - - - - - -

The next two days were boring and uneventful in Naruto’s eyes, but on the seventh day, Kakashi had recovered enough to go to the bridge, unfortunately that was also the day Naruto choose to sleep in and was left behind.

Naruto sat bolt upright, instantly alert, woken by a loud crash in the kitchen.

Forging getting dressed, Naruto crept down the stairs in a pair of short sleeping shorts and her usual bandages. Peaking into the kitchen, she saw a samurai ready to cut down Inari, and his mother being held captive by another.

Acting quickly, Naruto pressed her left hand against her right wrist, forcing some chakra into it, this caused a katana and a kunai to appear. Placing one in each hand, she then summoned two shadow clones, consciously placing one in front of the samurais and one behind. The clone in front caught the sword swings from both samurais with the blades in her hands, while the other clone places a blade at the neck of both attackers.

“Don’t move.” The Narutos said in unison, before the original Naruto walks out and sais, “And hand over those swords.”

Both samurais complied by slowly sheathing their katana and dropping them on the floor. The clone in front of them picked up the fallen swords and brought them to the original, while the clone behind the enemies released their necks and knocked them out with a swift blow to their heads.

“Hey Inari,” Naruto said, dispelling the clones and while shrouded in the smoke she ‘put away’ her weapons and the newly acquired swords. “Get some rope and be back here in two minutes, I’m going to get dressed.”

Naruto walked back up the stairs and Inari went over to his mother.

- - - - - - - - -Line break- - - - - - - - -

Naruto waved to Tsunami and Inari, who were tying the attackers to a post. She was going to check on the situation and what she found alarmed her greatly.

A thick grey mist covered a large portion of the bridge and to the edge of the mist stood Sakura and Tazuna. Wanting to know the situation, Naruto moved to their position to ask them.

“What’s happening here?” Naruto whispered to Sakura.

“Naruto? Thank god you’re here.” Sakura whispered back in a voice full of relief. “Zabuza’s back and the hunter-nin is on his side.”

Sakura was about to say more when a cry of pain from both Sasuke and Zabuza heard further down the bridge. Seconds after the yells, the mist cleared up considerably and Naruto could see Sasuke, surrounded in floating glass-like panels.

Moving closer, Naruto saw Sasuke was in quite bad shape, so, without a second thought, Naruto ran into the dome of panels, not stopping to consider any threats.

“Niisan, are you ok?” Naruto asked, helping him to his feet.

“Careful Naruto, the hunter-nin uses the mirrors for some odd technique that lets them move very fast.” Sasuke warned before their was a flurry of motion and the hunter-nin appeared in the mirrors in front to them.

“Are you ready?” the hunter-nin said in a voice that came from all sides as the image spread to all of the mirrors

Preparing for a fight, Sasuke activated his Sharingan and Naruto summoned shadow clones, but before they could do anything, they were hit from every direction.

It was all they could do to avoid getting hit in the face and vital organs, and they were forced to do so for what seemed like hours.

They were both nearing the end of their stamina, ready to collapse, when the waves of sebon needles abruptly stopped. Looking up the mirrors, Naruto sees the hunter-nin leaning half out of one of the mirrors.

“Sasuke, I’m going to try something.” Naruto whispered to Sasuke while pulling some needles out of her arms and chest.

“Be careful Naruto.” Sasuke said through his labored breathing, voice full of concern.

Naruto moved up to the mirror the hunter-nin was half in, wincing as the needles in her legs and back tore her rapidly healing muscles. Being as stealthy as she could, she created a ball of ice between her hands and pressed it against the mirror. To her amazement and relief, the mirror assimilated the smaller piece of ice with little resistance but now she was sustaining the mirror, just as she had wanted. Remembering her encounter in the forest, Naruto pulled the hand pushing in the water chakra away from the mirror and stopped pushing chakra with it. Like last time the wind chakra flowing through the ice without the aid of the water turned sharp and destructive. The outcome wasn’t instant, it took a few seconds but when the strain on the mirror become too much for it, it exploded, sending Naruto and the hunter-nin in opposite directions and cracked the mirrors on both sides.

The instant Naruto hit the ground, the image of the hunter nin was back in all of the undamaged mirrors, a bit bloodied with torn clothing.

After moments of staring, the hunter-nin leapt into action, aiming not for the still active Sasuke, but for the exhausted Naruto. Acting without thinking, Sasuke sprang forward, placing himself between Naruto and the oncoming attack.

- - - - - - - - -Line break- - - - - - - - -

Seeing the oncoming attack, Naruto covered her head with her arms and steeled herself for the attack to hit. She sat there and waited, but when it didn’t hit when the thought it would she opened her eyes again and looked up.

Domination he field of vision was Sasuke, with needles visibly piercing through both her neck and arms.

The sight of her only real friend take a fatal blow meant for her caused her mind to shut down.

After a few seconds, Sasuke’s strength failed him and he toppled backwards, onto the stunned Naruto. The impact of Sasuke falling on her and the pricks from hundreds of needles kicked her mind back into action and tears welled up in her eyes.

“Why, Sasuke?” Naruto sobbed in a weak voice that seemed completely out of place coming from her, tears now flowing freely from her eyes and dripping onto Sasuke.

“Because, it I ever passed up a chance to save your life when I’m able, I would take my own. Your all I’ve got left for family and I like you alive not dead.” Sasuke said softly before sighing and going limp.

White hot fury began growing in Naruto’s chest, burning up all of her sadness and fear and quickly becoming too much to contain. Gently laying Sasuke’s body on the ground and stood to face the one who had caused this.

The image of great metal pillars that obviously restrained great evil flashed through her vision, accompanied by deep sinister laughter that didn’t sound at all human.

Seemingly triggered by the strange vision, all of her fatigue and injuries of the battle vanished. Her vision seemed sharper, the hunter-nin seemed to move slower and above all she felt Stronger. But as she felt these changes, everything felt more distant, her vision clouded over with a red haze and her instincts took control.

Growling loudly, Naruto launched herself at the nearest mirror, aiming to shatter the hunter-nin within the mirror itself. She was about to make contact when a blur flew past her and the image of the hunter-nin disappeared from all the mirrors.

It took Naruto a moment to notice but the mirror above her still held the image of the hunter-nin. As soon as she noticed them she took in a massive lungful and blew a massive breath of wind chakra laced air directly at the mirror. The mirror, under the stress of the wind chakra began to bend and crack all over.

Panicking, the hunter-nin launched herself strait out of the mirror, only to be caught in mud air by the ankle and launched with great force through one of the remaining mirrors. Continuing the assault, Naruto appeared next to the hunter-nin, lifting them by the thought, but what she saw made her freeze. Visible through the crumbling mask of the hunter-nin was the face the one that she had met in the forest, Haku.

Releasing Haku, Naruto stumbled backwards, all of the power brought on by the rage disappeared. Suddenly incapable of keeping herself upright, she slowly fell forward, the last thing that she saw before everything faded to black was the ground rapidly approaching her face.

-_-AN- - - - - - - - -Line break- - - - - - - - -AN-_-

That’s it for chap 2 and sorry for the long wait but I’ve got more then one story on the go. This will be the quickest updated story if I can help it.

Still taking suggestions for pairings for Naruto and Sasuke.

Also I was wondering if I should change the matches for the prelims of the Chunin exams.